Rapid Rooter Vs Root Riot

• Thread starter JMcG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JMcG

JMcG

I doubt there is much of a difference between the two but I used up all the bags of Root Riot plugs I had last week and decided to try Rapid Rooters this go round. The only thing I'm not sure I like with Rapid Rooters is the size of the hole that is cored into the center to receive the cut, it seems oversized and it wouldn't conform to the smaller diameter of the cut. The cuts I took just sat in the hole , a little too loosely for my liking anyway! The Root Riot plugs had a smaller opening that really closed around the cut nicely.
Keeping an eye on these little one pretty closely.
Any input on this one farmers?
Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I doubt there is much of a difference between the two but I used up all the bags of Root Riot plugs I had last week and decided to try Rapid Rooters this go round. The only thing I'm not sure I like with Rapid Rooters is the size of the hole that is cored into the center to receive the cut, it seems oversized and it wouldn't conform to the smaller diameter of the cut. The cuts I took just sat in the hole , a little too loosely for my liking anyway! The Root Riot plugs had a smaller opening that really closed around the cut nicely.
Cheers
I use jiffy pucks... 72 for 4 bucks.

JMcG

JMcG

I have never used those. Just researched them a bit and they seem pretty sweet. Great price too!

iKharon

iKharon

Oasis root cubes are ok.. same looseness, but just use you finger, a pocket knife etc, to break up the media to fill the hole the cut is in. I have Oasis root cubes and Rapid Rooters.. next cuts are going in rapids tho

JMcG

JMcG

I just lost a couple that were in the Rapid Rooters with the over sized hole. Th last two were looking dreary so I tried to really pack the hole tighter around the shoot with limited success. I ended up grabbing some new ones and cored a tighter hole right next to the original one that was tighter and took a few more cuts just in case.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I have never used those. Just researched them a bit and they seem pretty sweet. Great price too!
Thats why i like them... because of the price. Once you get the clone process down youll be able to use anything for a plug.

Freshone

Freshone

I use a bamboo shish kebab skewer to make my own hole also but agree with gt,you can use anything.

G gnome

G gnome

Cheers
I use both and have never noticed a difference in success rate

It'd be nice if they resized that opening....
Thats what she sed

Top Bottom