Rapid Rooters..

• Thread starter caperfarmer902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

caperfarmer902

hey thcfarmers,
i recently planted some chrystal in a rapid rooter each, its explaned in my grow journal and photos are there as well, but what im wondering if anyone ever used these, and how long did it usually take for your babies to break soil, its on goin the 2ed day today now its been in their i only watered them once since they got there with the water bottle, the 400watt mh is 4 feeet away from it, if anyone can answer these questions that woyuld be great!!

C

caperfarmer902

Can someone please commmen t on how long it takes for rapid rooters to break the top and get its first set of ture leaves, and how often do you have to water.. i need this info asap guys/ gals, i got 2 fem chrystal already cracked inside the rapid rooter 1/4th an inch down, can someone please help me and answer these questions.. its been 2 days and still no sign of plants yet, helpp!!

C

caperfarmer902

i just checked the seedling inside the rapid rooters, the plugs i put on the top from another peice of a rapid rooter i made smaller and tiny enough to cover the whole hole but easy enough for the plant to push it though, one seed was a little to far down, so i watered the rapid rooter with 2 sprays of my bottle, and grabed my tweeser from the rubbing alcole and cleaned them off dry, and pushed it up a little and covered it, the second on, the tap root is grown down about an 1inch and the seedshell is curved to the point its going to lift its head very soon, the whole shell is cracked open and i can barley see the inside of it, i made a small tiny peice of the rapid rooter and covered it a tiny bit to block intense light, but anough so the girl can lift her head and push the rapid rooter away.. any suggestions that would be great, my humity is down in the 30s %, i needa get that up, but my temps are about 82.5f so im good there, if anyone can help that would be great, photos will be coming very soon..

P

primeform

I found its best to soak the seeds in water until you get a small tail comming out before putting them in the rapid rooters. Even after germinating them a little it could still take 2-7 days for them to pop up and every strain/seed is different. have patience and just dont let the rapid rooter dry out. dont keep it water logged tho. sounds like your doing the right thing just stop messing with them and let them do there thing.

P

paulycali

Listen to primeform he knows whats up!

I like to pre soak seems to give the seeds a little jump start. IMO its highly recommended. Also placing the seeds the correct distance into the soil is a big deal to.

Check your temps and humidity. Get those temps in the 80's with the humidity no lower than 60%. Keep it nice and toasty for those babies

Good luck man and hope those babies pop through

C

caperfarmer902

hey primeform & paulycali,
thanks for replying, and yea there sittin in their cups now with the temps maintained at 82.8f but my humity is at 30% any suggestions?? i got a bowl of water sittin in the tent, also i sprayed the sides of the cloner and the bottom to the point there was a tiny pool of water around the cups and still its at 30%??

also the seedling seem like there doin great, their moist but im not going to water them again untill the soil around the rooter is dry and crusty and the rooter itself is a little dry.. other then that the 400watt mh is 4 feet away from them on a 18/6 cycle, but any suggestions about the humity to raise it?

.. heres some updated photots thats not in my grow journal, there of 15 minutes ago..
focas on the temp and humity, the temp is maintained but the humity is awfull low..:worried

AMBA0097
AMBA0102
AMBA0098
AMBA0099
AMBA0100
AMBA0103
AMBA0104
AMBA0105
AMBA0106
AMBA0101
P

primeform

they are fine dont change anything. just make sure to take those plastic bag tops off once they get there heads poking up.

C

caperfarmer902

sounds like a plan, thanks again primeform, when do you think nutes would be nessary, i plan to use these as my mother plants if these work out im startin my other 3 as well for a total of 5 moms in soil growth, then getting clones and starting them in my 8 plant hydroponic system with the scrog for my personal bud, this is where my main plants will grow, the moms in soil will be used for clones clones and more clones

C

caperfarmer902

hey guys, an update since lastnight, tell me what you think, also im wondering my seed broke through the soil on the rapid rooter, do i leave the bag on top of the cups or take it off and leave the light at 4 ft?

AMBA0002
AMBA0003
AMBA0004
AMBA0005
C

caperfarmer902

ok i got the bag off the top since 6 hours now, and since then the seed shell fell off but it has yet to get its 2 ture leves, do i leave it open to the direct 400watt mh light at 4 ft or do i cover the cloner over with its top?

C

caperfarmer902

anything guys, im still wondering here do i put the cover down on the cloner and
keep the seedling covered or leave it out in direct 400watt mh light at 4 ft, some photos of the cloner are on page one it holds two cups, one broke soil and one didnt, what should i do? the bag is gone off the one that sprouted, its jus bare now and i put the cover in the cloner over the top of it, other then that what should i do leave it open or cover it?

P

primeform

Leave the one that sprouted open air. The dome is only for humidity while it is germinating. If you leave the top on it can cause mold and stress once they have broken ground.

S

Shredder

Caper, dude just relax. Seeds been sprouting, plants been growing forever without us messing with them. No need to stress yourself or them. I only look at my babies maybe twice a day at most, they know what to do. They might go days without me handling them once.

Most problems early are grower generated problems.. Too much water, wrong temps, too early with the ferts, too hot of soil, that sort of thing.

Just give them a good environment and let them call the shots.....shredder

C

caperfarmer902

Caper, dude just relax. Seeds been sprouting, plants been growing forever without us messing with them. No need to stress yourself or them. I only look at my babies maybe twice a day at most, they know what to do. They might go days without me handling them once.

Most problems early are grower generated problems.. Too much water, wrong temps, too early with the ferts, too hot of soil, that sort of thing.

Just give them a good environment and let them call the shots.....shredder

yea man its just my first indoor grow yano, i wanted to make sure they would go yano, but yesterday i wokeup to a little seedling that broke soil, so i know now give it some time and soon enough your get alot.. im just counting the days now, but one question is, when should i transplant them into my 10'' pots, these plants are going to be my moms for alot of clones yano, i was reading and heard i should transplant comin on to the 20th day?

S

Shredder

I don't mean to get on you, your doing fine, but listen to the plant. They will start growing up and adding leafs, once they get a couple sets of leafs and they grow up vertically a bit, that will tell you roots are there and working, then transplant, not by someone else's schedule. If they go too long in a small cup, they could get root bound and slow down the growth. But your nowhere near that point. If you just gotta do something, burn one (indica not sativa) and talk to them, tell them how much you love them. You know, chilax, really, your doing fine........shredder

Top Bottom