rapidrooter or easycloner?

• Thread starter audius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
audius

audius

ok fellow farmers, the reason i ask this is because im not having the best of luck using the rapodrooters & clonex...i cut at a 45 deg angel,dip ,insert,use phed water only,5.5,& dome. out of 8 clones i might get 2 or 3 if im lucky..now i have also heard that some peps get alot of rotting from using the easycloner.is this just one of those funny things about clones? i have watched the vids on cloning& im pretty sure im doing it right. so if i can get some opinions pls it would help me a ton,,thanks :)

G

Grass Roots

how wet are your plugs...they should not be dripping wet...I just started using them myself and there is a learning curve with them...I went from to wet too to dry and then found the trick...soak them in your solution and squeeze out all the excess moisture before popping in the cut...then I place them in a rubbermaid clear container to keep the humidity up a bit...burping the lid every day to allow fresh air on the cuts...also make sure you are using the right spectrum of light for cuts...

Next time a do a round of cuts I'll try and put up thread on how I use RR plugs...

Peace
GR

420OGFarmhand

RW

Go with rock wool soak first make your own hole
Use Clonex also there is actually no need to 45 it
I do my cits straight and have a 90% rooting success rate

JH420

JH420

Yeah I think the RapidRooters are the easiest way to clone for sure. Do you leave water in the tray AND use a dome? That could be the problem.

ESER.ONE

ESER.ONE

i just put my cuts in my ezcloner and thats it. no need to ph water or anything. just make sure the rez. stays cool. if you ph the water and add some kln the results are faster and better.

audius

audius

ok,no water in the bottem of the trybut i could be overwatering a bit ,cuz i could squeeze the plugs & water would drip out. as far for lights ,im using the walmart plant floresent ,4 ft.strain is whitewidow..ok ezer .one,question,,what temps should the water be ? i dont have a chiller but in my setup my water stayes around 72 to 75f godbless the basement.

T

theslums

i use rapid rooters and i put water in bottom of tray and put the dome on. i put water in tray when roots show thru so they stay wet. havent losr one yet cloned 10-12days into flowering so there taking a little longer

purpleberry

purpleberry

I dont think its so much the way you do it, Its the temp of the room that needs to be 75-80 any higher or lower and you maybe screwed. Also very healthy mothers help. Ive had good luck with the rapid rooters and its easy to see which clones are rooting the best, I always take 50-100% more than i need and start weeding them out as i go.

C

cali2

I just tried my first round of clones with rapid rooters, I think the ones I got were called riot rooters or some shit like that. I usually use rock wool. These Root riot things are fucin killer. Way faster and easier in my experience. Only my first go with these so I will see in the next rounds If they are consistent.

M

mrdizzle

EZ cloners are sick no doubt about it, I need my clones to root, and survive 100% of the time with a decent size buffer, so I use root riots, same as rapid rooters just a smaller hole. To many things can go wrong in an EZ cloner for my tastes, I have never had a clone die with a rapid rooter that I can remember

S

Skunkenstein

I've been batting 100% with Rapid rooters for several years.One of My main Tips;;I use a small Ice-pick device to poke the hole all the way to the bottom,then I move the pick around in a circle to slightly enlarge the hole{Stem goes in w/o bending}After stem is inserted,Tear little pieces of Rapid rooter off and pack these little pieces into the Hole around the Stem,Ensuring full contact, with No-Airspace around Stem!! I pre-soak my Rapid rooters in a mixture of 2ounces of Olivias cloning solution and 1tablespoon Vitamin B-1 per Gallon of water.Slightly squeeze RR before inserting cut too get out excess water.I use a tray with humidity dome,I fill the bottom with a perlite/vermiculite mix and pour in about a inch of the Pre-soak Mix solution into the bottom.In the cooler time of year I'll put a seedling heating mat under the tray and set the thermostat at76-78degrees.Do not mist the Cuttings...Just the Inside of the Humidity dome.Do this atleast 2x a Day, and take the dome off and fan the cuts 2x a Day aswell.Maintain 76-80 room Temps..cuttings root Waaay Faster in warmer Temps!!Oh also,Spray a small amount of water on the main stem below the first leaf and the top of the RR, If that Stem dries up,the cut dies!!I use a dual 2ft T-5 fixture 24hrs on...Almost forgot..right after taking the cut,I Lightly scrape the stem with clean sterile Razor blade, and Dip into Vita Grow rooting liquid for 15seconds..Whew,I guess thats about the Jist of It...Good Luck!!

audius

audius

fellow farmers,,i can not thank you guys & gals enough for your info,this cite ALLWAYS seems to get me the answers i need.ok,im gonna stay a rapodrooter guy,,seems like theres a few things i need try to try before pitching this method to the roadside
,1 pretty sure im overwatering,2 im not stuffing the top hole..i do however use a toothpick to open the hole a lil more to stuff the stem in,i also put a few drops of clonex in the plug.now,let me throw this in the mix,,airlayering,anybody do it?

2broke2smoke

2broke2smoke

i bought an ez-cloner 60 and my wife uses it to stack her folded laundry on it. In other words i got a very expensive low table and that is what it is best suited for. My botana care daisy cloner only does 8 at a time but i get near 100% success with it and jifffy pellets are getting almost 100% i get around 10 out of the ez-cloner 60 loaded all the way up. Ez-cloner is a pos in my opinion.

2b2s

audius

audius

lmao, ya im thinking if i got the cash to buy an easycloner it might be better spent on thcbay

I

iahsound

boss, you dont want to underwater and you dont want to overwater which you probly figured out, but what i do is use r-rooters,oasis or rockwool which all work the same!
but you have to put a heating mat under your tray n dome
and then you dont have to worry about temps in your room. dont forget to air out your dome 2 times a day..once in the morning when you wake up and once in the evening b-4 you hit the sak and if you work it like that
you should b able to root in 7-14 days.use clonex! peace!! hit me up if you need more detail.:party0033:

audius

audius

will do,,i followed everybodys info ,& got 6 cuts ,4 days in,,well c how it goes. right now everything good & green :fighting0085: really hope these all root cuz there gonna be my grow log .

Blucross

Blucross

Audius I feel you Bro. I have seen a friend break all the rules and get 48/50 rooting.
I do just like the experts suggest and I get 1/50. Lucky we have friends !

Latest posts

Top Bottom