Rat mites ? Bird mites indoors help please !!!!

• Thread starter Rattymite123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rattymite123

Please help.
May name is Gina and I’ve joined your website for a reason sort of unconnected to
Grows.
( Tho of course I’m pro all that anyway but my problem is nish to do with it all.)
But I’m so so desperate I’m half suicidal! Yep I’m mean this.
Let me explain, I’m in the uk London.
My flat is INFESTED with very hard to kill rat mites / probably bird mites too !! ☹️
A rats nest was unknown to me by boiler behind kitchen cupboards, well the bloody
Things broke in ran about hidden up for at least 4 or more days b4 I could get them out.
Now I’ve a serious rat mite infestation a child and no help !
Yes rat mites ( once rats are gone ) infest humans ! ! For months !
I’ve had 9 months of pure hell and torture!!
We’re being bitten to pieces, crawling alive these things are everywhere on ceilings walls etc.

Now u will know with spider mites ( evil things ) these things are tiny so tiny but
I’m sure you know wen I got them. There could be a grow going on in my block ? mites travel thru
Ceiling air Vents etc So spider mites are not a total rule out but because all this started
when rats broke in I’m going with That for moment (rats bring bird mites too.)
I know I’ve got these poxy mites i see black or dark dots ,real tiny , tiny lines and dots on everything
I’ve gone on amazon uk bought protector c ( crap if I’m honest)
And ardap flea spray, other things etc etc no joy.
None these are so hard to kill.
So I’m thinking since I’ve no problem with protecting a grow from harm what can I use to
KILL these things in some safety as I’ve a child in the home but no pets.
You lads ( and ladies ) must have best mite control methods / ideas on the 🌎 planet !!
I’m thinking you seen it all !
What can I spray on walls ceilings floors , maybe a few times to rid these demon things.
If anyone is kind enough to help I’d really appreciate it 👍👍
I’ll delete this message as soon as I get a few answers if you can help I’m prepared
To buy something from abroad but would prefer uk if poss.
Any ideas thanks so so much 👍👍👍
Gina

Ponky

Ponky

Well. Assuming a pest control team isn't an option. I know one method. All living things in the house will die. Except prions and tardigrades. And you will produce a cloud of vapor that must be dissipated. And you will need to run ozone while you do it.

Essentially you will remove all things living from the house. Be Spraying hydrogen peroxide on most of the surfaces. And you will circulate fans and ozone generators in the house to create a sterilizing fog. Then venting the fog. Repeating as needed until the house is literally sterile. You cannot breathe the vapor. And you need a decent amount of time to air it out. It's safe once it's done. It will be very unusual if someone sees and doesn't know you're fumigating.

But you should try a pest control company first. There are too many issues to count that may cause additional unforseen issues. Call a company. Get a receipt.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Mites are easy to kill. In 1 gallon of water mix 1/2 cup laundry detergent.
Spray the bugs. The soap coats them and they can not breathe, and die. One or two treatments should do it.
DO NOT GET THIS ON YOUR PLANTS.

R

Rattymite123

Well. Assuming a pest control team isn't an option. I know one method. All living things in the house will die. Except prions and tardigrades. And you will produce a cloud of vapor that must be dissipated. And you will need to run ozone while you do it.

Essentially you will remove all things living from the house. Be Spraying hydrogen peroxide on most of the surfaces. And you will circulate fans and ozone generators in the house to create a sterilizing fog. Then venting the fog. Repeating as needed until the house is literally sterile. You cannot breathe the vapor. And you need a decent amount of time to air it out. It's safe once it's done. It will be very unusual if someone sees and doesn't know you're fumigating.

But you should try a pest control company first. There are too many issues to count that may cause additional unforseen issues. Call a company. Get a receipt.
Hydrogen peroxide... and ozone generator?
Ok I like sound of that,
It’s so bad here that I kinda don’t care who sees what really lol
Thanks kindly I’ll look this up
(Truth is I’m bit skint my family was ment to get place sprayed
Me dad is being too tight to help lol 😂 )
Thanks kindly mate ! 👍

R

Rattymite123

Spray the bugs. The soap coats them and they can not breathe, and die. One or two treatments should do it.
These are like super mites literally hard to kill 🤪🤪
But I’ve only tried protector c which was some amazon uk based bedbug type killer
Never worked, crap ,
And several flea type sprays indorex etc.
There in everything I own !
So I’ll be chucking lots but yeah I can spray walls ceilings with laundry detergent
But my clothes don’t get rat mites out with that only borax and soda crystals!
Even then steam ironing on boiling has to be done .
These rat mites are well twisted I never known nish like it .
Thanks mate for advice I’ll Try that first but I may have to add some hydrogen peroxide spray
Which I’d not thought off ( I got no plants thankfully.) 👍

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

U need an ozone meter to make sure how muxh ozone is in the area. U do not want rocbe in the area when that machine is running. I have one but only use for between grows to kill eveything if anything

R

Rattymite123

U need an ozone meter to make sure how muxh ozone is in the area. U do not want rocbe in the area when that machine is running. I have one but only use for between grows to kill eveything if anything
No one or anything living no plants nish will be here if I do this.
Just some furniture only.
I’ll take myself and family out.
Have u had success running ozone for mites yourself ?
Thanks kindly pal.

Ponky

Ponky

No one or anything living no plants nish will be here if I do this.
Just some furniture only.
I’ll take myself and family out.
Have u had success running ozone for mites yourself ?
Thanks kindly pal.
I've defeated spider mites using ozone and peroxide. Including any other little pest that was present. Very effective.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

I use ozone between runs. My area, i run it for 15 mins. I had major issue with a bug before, and after running it kast round, notbing survived or came back. I also treated using pure crop one after 1 a week.

I know you can use ozone while plants are present, but i have no done that before. From my understand its risky and a lot to it to make sure u dont exceed the ppm to kill the plants. I might try it one run see what happens

Homesteader

Homesteader

I feel for you. I have never dealt with rat mites but I have bird mites and they are beyond AWFUL and the bites give me a reaction that itches like mad. You have a major problem Gina but I am afraid you are going to need to get rid of the rats first. I am going to assume they have nests that is the source. I would desperately try to call a professional ASAP if you can. The mites itself are easy to kill.....at least bird mites....Water with soap spray but I think maybe under the flat they have a nest or something. Make sure there are no old bird nests too but again, I think the rats are there cause the mites wouldn't live that long without a host

Ponky

Ponky

Rats will cost you. Had 2 get in my house. Took a month to kill them with poison. Had to renovate to get rid of the damage and entry points. Had to spend close to 100k. Just to make sure the place was up to snuff.

R

Rattymite123

I feel for you. I have never dealt with rat mites but I have bird mites and they are beyond AWFUL and the bites give me a reaction that itches like mad. You have a major problem Gina but I am afraid you are going to need to get rid of the rats first. I am going to assume they have nests that is the source. I would desperately try to call a professional ASAP if you can. The mites itself are easy to kill.....at least bird mites....Water with soap spray but I think maybe under the flat they have a nest or something. Make sure there are no old bird nests too but again, I think the rats are there cause the mites wouldn't live that long without a host
The rats are in the walls, I’ve managed to get them out of my flat but they are still in the walls. London is just becoming a rat infested dump.
I’m lost because I’m on 3rd floor I can’t see where it’s all comming from but behind kitchen cupboards most likely.
I can’t afford a new kitchen so I’ve no idea what to do fogging machine with h peroxide and maybe alcohol sounds ok or ozone, I’ve just paid £400 to a soposed pest control company for permethrin fogging it’s done nothing. Think I just been ripped off if I’m honest.
I think they are resistant. I can’t move coz I can’t do an exchange with flat like this, whole block is rat infested. It’s an old ww2 block and it’s got 4 floors I’m on 3rd. I’m interested in killing everything in the home critter wise so far ozone or fogging and peroxide seems my only hope. Sorry to hear you had bird mites I think I may have them too as rats carry rat mites rat ticks and bird mites.
It’s a miserable existence, 9 months now of this it’s enough to send u nuts.
The council deny it’s happening but last night another neighbor who must have money was slinging out all their kitchen units and the lift was well infested after they brought them down, I’ve got some new furniture but I can’t use any of tit till place is better. I can’t even get to the rats as behind cupboards and in walls. Pure hell crawling feeling with bites all the time.
Thanks a lot for your advice 👍👍

Ponky

Ponky

The rats are in the walls, I’ve managed to get them out of my flat but they are still in the walls. London is just becoming a rat infested dump.
I’m lost because I’m on 3rd floor I can’t see where it’s all comming from but behind kitchen cupboards most likely.
I can’t afford a new kitchen so I’ve no idea what to do fogging machine with h peroxide and maybe alcohol sounds ok or ozone, I’ve just paid £400 to a soposed pest control company for permethrin fogging it’s done nothing. Think I just been ripped off if I’m honest.
I think they are resistant. I can’t move coz I can’t do an exchange with flat like this, whole block is rat infested. It’s an old ww2 block and it’s got 4 floors I’m on 3rd. I’m interested in killing everything in the home critter wise so far ozone or fogging and peroxide seems my only hope. Sorry to hear you had bird mites I think I may have them too as rats carry rat mites rat ticks and bird mites.
It’s a miserable existence, 9 months now of this it’s enough to send u nuts.
The council deny it’s happening but last night another neighbor who must have money was slinging out all their kitchen units and the lift was well infested after they brought them down, I’ve got some new furniture but I can’t use any of tit till place is better. I can’t even get to the rats as behind cupboards and in walls. Pure hell crawling feeling with bites all the time.
Thanks a lot for your advice 👍👍
You can't ozone blast in a shared residence. You need a lawyer. To make the landlord fix it.

Amigrow

Amigrow

Please help.
May name is Gina and I’ve joined your website for a reason sort of unconnected to
Grows.
( Tho of course I’m pro all that anyway but my problem is nish to do with it all.)
But I’m so so desperate I’m half suicidal! Yep I’m mean this.
Let me explain, I’m in the uk London.
My flat is INFESTED with very hard to kill rat mites / probably bird mites too !! ☹️
A rats nest was unknown to me by boiler behind kitchen cupboards, well the bloody
Things broke in ran about hidden up for at least 4 or more days b4 I could get them out.
Now I’ve a serious rat mite infestation a child and no help !
Yes rat mites ( once rats are gone ) infest humans ! ! For months !
I’ve had 9 months of pure hell and torture!!
We’re being bitten to pieces, crawling alive these things are everywhere on ceilings walls etc.

Now u will know with spider mites ( evil things ) these things are tiny so tiny but
I’m sure you know wen I got them. There could be a grow going on in my block ? mites travel thru
Ceiling air Vents etc So spider mites are not a total rule out but because all this started
when rats broke in I’m going with That for moment (rats bring bird mites too.)
I know I’ve got these poxy mites i see black or dark dots ,real tiny , tiny lines and dots on everything
I’ve gone on amazon uk bought protector c ( crap if I’m honest)
And ardap flea spray, other things etc etc no joy.
None these are so hard to kill.
So I’m thinking since I’ve no problem with protecting a grow from harm what can I use to
KILL these things in some safety as I’ve a child in the home but no pets.
You lads ( and ladies ) must have best mite control methods / ideas on the 🌎 planet !!
I’m thinking you seen it all !
What can I spray on walls ceilings floors , maybe a few times to rid these demon things.
If anyone is kind enough to help I’d really appreciate it 👍👍
I’ll delete this message as soon as I get a few answers if you can help I’m prepared
To buy something from abroad but would prefer uk if poss.
Any ideas thanks so so much 👍👍👍
Gina
Diatomaceous earth is organic powder place this around all skirting carpet and any areas were they found it’s harmless to humans and pets leave it down and this will kill them and then u can hover it up after

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

as mentioned above DE works for the crawlers,if you werent with child i would suggest Borac acid,extremly toxic to animals ,with a child i would not use ,you go around all room edges on floor boards and put also in cabinets, not much just use a spoon and make a tight line against the edge ,same with the floor space a fine line tucked into the edges all the way around room,thing is and mentioned already got to get ride of the vermin first to cure your mite biz. on third floor im sure there isnt any stacked wood or food scraps ,but they are there because there is food somewere, seek out those areas .
BUT LIKE I SAY WITH A CHILD OR PETS DONT DO THIS it will kill the rats and deter the crawlers,then you can use the soap method and wipe um out

Latest posts

Top Bottom