Rat mites ? Bird mites indoors help please !!!!

• Thread starter Rattymite123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rattymite123

Mites are easy to kill. In 1 gallon of water mix 1/2 cup laundry detergent.
Spray the bugs. The soap coats them and they can not breathe, and die. One or two treatments should do it.
DO NOT GET THIS ON YOUR PLANTS.
Hi I can’t get pure bleach to kill these things , they are permethrin and deltamethrin resistant too !
These just send them crazy but do not kill them.
I’ve got some super resistant mite , I’ve never known nothing like it.
I’ve paid £400 for pest company but they fogged permethrin and so far no joy.
It’s hell im sick of crawling sensations bites and living in the bath.
Can’t even make a cup of tea because that’s near the boiler and the things eat off the ceiling and bite me. Teeny tiny
Bites but rat mite bites do Hurt. I did slow them down once using washing up liquid and adding soda crystals wiped ceilings walls bed etc but was all back next day just as bad. Thanks kindly for your reply.

Ponky

Ponky

Until the end try points for the rats are covered and you are able to properly fumigate there is no getting rid of them. You need to call the housing council. They will take care of it. About the only avenue I see.

S

sshortguy1

Until the end try points for the rats are covered and you are able to properly fumigate there is no getting rid of them. You need to call the housing council. They will take care of it. About the only avenue I see.
i read about them , they are a problem

R

Rattymite123

as mentioned above DE works for the crawlers,if you werent with child i would suggest Borac acid,extremly toxic to animals ,with a child i would not use ,you go around all room edges on floor boards and put also in cabinets, not much just use a spoon and make a tight line against the edge ,same with the floor space a fine line tucked into the edges all the way around room,thing is and mentioned already got to get ride of the vermin first to cure your mite biz. on third floor im sure there isnt any stacked wood or food scraps ,but they are there because there is food somewere, seek out those areas .
BUT LIKE I SAY WITH A CHILD OR PETS DONT DO THIS it will kill the rats and deter the crawlers,then you can use the soap method and wipe um out
Thanks yes I got some de earth down , I’ve no pets and my girl is older she won’t go near it, but I probably need more down. so far nothing is slowing them down. The rats are behind the kitchen cupboards in the walls, in wall gaps .
I know coz they broke rat proofing there.stupid me I took too long to spray place, so now I’m in trouble.
Do u no if spinosad ( elector PSP) works on spider mites ? Maybe it would kill rat mites too, but these things are super hard to kill.
Thankyou for your advice it’s all very appreciated mate Gina.

R

Rattymite123

I did I managed to ( after 3 months wait) fix the rat proofing, but sadly they are not interested in fixing the mite issue because they are lying and saying I don’t have anything wrong here.
We both know wen u get rats running around for days u can get infested with ticks and mites , sadly they are not being responsible because several of the flats are infested and it’s expensive to put right so they lie and say they can’t see anything wrong , this saves them fortunes in pest control prices and replacement of furniture as it’s their issue rat proofing broken behind cupboards is for them to pay out but they don’t they just ignore calls and pleas to help and keep taking the rent. Lol. As I say I’ve had the rat proofing fixed , but it was a carpenter they sent to do the job what he never told me is a mite & tick problem was starting and nothing was done even tho he left itching!
Thanks for all the help I’ll try to get more gaps fixed and probably try elector PSP if that don’t work I’ll fog with hydrogen peroxide.
I can’t live like this it’s torture not fair on my daughter either, cheers tho !! Gina

Ponky

Ponky

I would get some peppermint oil. Pure peppermint oil. And mix it with a little bit of mineral oil. And use a smoke generator to blast the mist into the walls where the rats are.

Then you have to seal everything with a gap greater than a couple millimeters. So new rats don't come in. They hate peppermint. It's better than walls full of dead and poisoned rats. I would accuse the rats of saying mean things to you on Facebook and make the police come get them.

Ponky

Ponky

I did I managed to ( after 3 months wait) fix the rat proofing, but sadly they are not interested in fixing the mite issue because they are lying and saying I don’t have anything wrong here.
We both know wen u get rats running around for days u can get infested with ticks and mites , sadly they are not being responsible because several of the flats are infested and it’s expensive to put right so they lie and say they can’t see anything wrong , this saves them fortunes in pest control prices and replacement of furniture as it’s their issue rat proofing broken behind cupboards is for them to pay out but they don’t they just ignore calls and pleas to help and keep taking the rent. Lol. As I say I’ve had the rat proofing fixed , but it was a carpenter they sent to do the job what he never told me is a mite & tick problem was starting and nothing was done even tho he left itching!
Thanks for all the help I’ll try to get more gaps fixed and probably try elector PSP if that don’t work I’ll fog with hydrogen peroxide.
I can’t live like this it’s torture not fair on my daughter either, cheers tho !! Gina
If you fog with Hydrogen Peroxide everyone in the building has to evacuate for at least a couple hours. Its a very serious cloud of sanitizing gas you must not breathe.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Vaccumming may be your best approach temporarily but yeah I think you need to call the city or something rather. Rats are like wolves and are strong in numbers and much smarter than people think. They can also get out of control quickly and it sounds like rat mites are worst case

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks yes I got some de earth down , I’ve no pets and my girl is older she won’t go near it, but I probably need more down. so far nothing is slowing them down. The rats are behind the kitchen cupboards in the walls, in wall gaps .
I know coz they broke rat proofing there.stupid me I took too long to spray place, so now I’m in trouble.
Do u no if spinosad ( elector PSP) works on spider mites ? Maybe it would kill rat mites too, but these things are super hard to kill.
Thankyou for your advice it’s all very appreciated mate Gina.
if you can see the holes they are coming threw,use steel wool to block the holes,they cannot chew threw it ,ive used it in house before while remodling them, spinosad might do the job but it is costly for what you intend to do,it aint gonna fix it with one application, something i use in my garden for outside critters mainly coons and porcupines,is mexican food i call it,i light um up with every kind pepper the store sales,take every hot pepper you can get hold of also garlic and onion ,boil it down for a while until you have a really good broth ,when i make mine about the time the wife says what are you doing is when i pull it from the stove hahahah,but the let it cool and put it in a spray bottle and go to town on them,be aware it will run them off,you will see the spiders running no joke,but they will come back.
if you baby is of age to know better and stay away from the borac id go that route if they are as bad as you say,just use a spoon and make a line against the wall and cabinet edges all around every wall ,then spray, you should be able to buy anything with lye in it will do,they cant stand the smell for long ,this even hold coach roaches at bay. borax soap is good ,but i prefer the real deal when im messing with them , i had a a house in the city i was remodling and had rats bigger than cats,had a couple steel rat traps the just took off with,guess they went to the lake to party hahah so i had to tether the damn traps ,they wouldnt come in house or attic after the acid treatment,dang neighbors would set food out for the feral cats ,but the cats ate the food instead of the rats lol.
believe me i understood why when i got a rat that even with the trap snapped on it neck i still had to kill and these traps sale on amazon ,they have teeth around edge of trap and that sucker was still alive trying to break the tether .
i really hate to be the one to tell you your fighting a losing battle,but if the neighbors dont get on board with the eradication the rats will win

R

Rattymite123

I feel for you. I have never dealt with rat mites but I have bird mites and they are beyond AWFUL and the bites give me a reaction that itches like mad. You have a major problem Gina but I am afraid you are going to need to get rid of the rats first. I am going to assume they have nests that is the source. I would desperately try to call a professional ASAP if you can. The mites itself are easy to kill.....at least bird mites....Water with soap spray but I think maybe under the flat they have a nest or something. Make sure there are no old bird nests too but again, I think the rats are there cause the mites wouldn't live that long without a host

R

Rattymite123

Hiya
Had place sprayed 3x with permethrin, one x bug bombed ( permethrin)
It’s dun not much other than leave me £400 down.
Your right the poxy rats are in the walls , up in air vents which go between all the flats.
Cor 10 mins up road that estate had rats size of cats !
I’m so depressed poxy rat mites and bird mites they bring both,
I’ve had rat proofing repair done but damage is done billions of rat mites in the flat
And I think bird mites have found way in gaps too and notoriously hard to kill.
Wish I new what to do can I buy a fogger and fog with hydrogen peroxide and alcohol ?
Rather than run ozone.?
Is there a decent spray I can use that kills most mites and won’t kill me and my girl ?
Only ceilings need doing too.
Obviously my child will be in school and I’ve no pets / no animals so
I can use anything that may work. These bastards are hard to kill.
I was gonna go with avid but read u need to suit up totally it kinda scared me lol :)
Any ideas my friend?
Cheers gina

Homesteader

Homesteader

For bird mites on my chickens I just dunk them in soap and water and let the soap dry. Dries them out pretty quick

Homesteader

Homesteader

A lint roller was very useful in the past when we had a flea infestation. Maybe try that too

R

Rattymite123

For bird mites on my chickens I just dunk them in soap and water and let the soap dry. Dries them out pretty quick
Aww u got chickens lol in London u don’t see them except in supermarkets lol
I’m dun in with it all I got no animals just zillions of rats no doubt in walls.
I was just looking at someone who posted on here they was asking what is their pest ,
Expert grower too.
People said maybe tiny black thrips !
Shit I think that’s my second pest ! Maybe permethrin won’t kill
Them his picture was identical to one of my bugs he even said is this some new supermite bug !
So I got rat mites bird mites and thrips !!!!!
I’ve finally realised.
What would u spray to kill them mate ? No plants even put me potted
Few plants outside they got stolen fast lol.
In uk what can I buy to spray please ?
Cheers

R

Rattymite123

Vaccumming may be your best approach temporarily but yeah I think you need to call the city or something rather. Rats are like wolves and are strong in numbers and much smarter than people think. They can also get out of control quickly and it sounds like rat mites are worst case
Yeah , but every time I vacuum I get bitten like lots can’t see what does it tho too small but if I move something try to hover
I get bites crawling sensations, so I been using mop with vinegar only helps a bit tho.

MyGrowYo

MyGrowYo

If you have a landlord, this is THEIR problem to fix. Not sure about the UK, but rent should cover the maintenance fees. This sounds like a crazy situation of infestation, and your landlord not doing anything puts your child’s health at risk. At least that’s how it would be framed in Canada. Easier said than done, but this sounds extreme

R

Rattymite123

if you can see the holes they are coming threw,use steel wool to block the holes,they cannot chew threw it ,ive used it in house before while remodling them, spinosad might do the job but it is costly for what you intend to do,it aint gonna fix it with one application, something i use in my garden for outside critters mainly coons and porcupines,is mexican food i call it,i light um up with every kind pepper the store sales,take every hot pepper you can get hold of also garlic and onion ,boil it down for a while until you have a really good broth ,when i make mine about the time the wife says what are you doing is when i pull it from the stove hahahah,but the let it cool and put it in a spray bottle and go to town on them,be aware it will run them off,you will see the spiders running no joke,but they will come back.
if you baby is of age to know better and stay away from the borac id go that route if they are as bad as you say,just use a spoon and make a line against the wall and cabinet edges all around every wall ,then spray, you should be able to buy anything with lye in it will do,they cant stand the smell for long ,this even hold coach roaches at bay. borax soap is good ,but i prefer the real deal when im messing with them , i had a a house in the city i was remodling and had rats bigger than cats,had a couple steel rat traps the just took off with,guess they went to the lake to party hahah so i had to tether the damn traps ,they wouldnt come in house or attic after the acid treatment,dang neighbors would set food out for the feral cats ,but the cats ate the food instead of the rats lol.
believe me i understood why when i got a rat that even with the trap snapped on it neck i still had to kill and these traps sale on amazon ,they have teeth around edge of trap and that sucker was still alive trying to break the tether .
i really hate to be the one to tell you your fighting a losing battle,but if the neighbors dont get on board with the eradication the rats will win
Oh my days ur so right.
I was just looking at bug photos I got thrips black ones , there the only ones I see proper
Cos about 1.2 mm long prob permethrin wasn’t gonna kill them.
It feels like I’m being swarmed by something I can’t see lol
But I see the rat !!!! Hmmmm ,
And yeah ur right some are like cat sized now mental 😂
But I’m sick of it all I done 11 months living in this hell cant use kitchen I get but so bad on shoulders
I think something jumps off ceiling light fittings there.
Rat mites we’re in a nest under cupboard there. They can live months
And I think longer.
Then bird mites.
Prob is they ( the council ) fixed up about 400 flats all at same time ,
Renovation about 14 years ago, but they dun it all for about £200 I recon lol
I got told painters were doing wireing and plummers we’re doing skimming
And it was a poxy poor job all round gaps everywhere.
So it’s allowed everything into my gaff over the years.
But to get out I need to get this infestation bit , well a lot better or I can’t
Exchange with no one , none would take this they would come kill me lol.
I ain’t never gunna get neighbors on board as they all from other countries
And no one speaks much English really. Hello goodbye is best u get.
So I got the rats to control in walls but rat proofing is fixed now at least.
So now I need a spray that kills rat / spider mites , bird mites and thrips !!!
While I chuck most of my stuff ☹️
What kills all that ?
Can’t I just fog alcohol and hydrogen peroxide rather than run ozone?
Thanks soooo much for reply’s.

R

Rattymite123

If you have a landlord, this is THEIR problem to fix. Not sure about the UK, but rent should cover the maintenance fees. This sounds like a crazy situation of infestation, and your landlord not doing anything puts your child’s health at risk. At least that’s how it would be framed in Canada. Easier said than done, but this sounds extreme
Yes !!!!!
I agree but u no what they done they are so corrupt, they called me a liar ( chucked pest dish in bin)
Called social workers on me.!!!!
Yep , why because they know whole block is infested at least 60% of the flats are they know
Rat mites bird mites and thrips get in everything u own , it would cost them a fortune.
Do they lie they no ur be desperate enough to sort it urself in end.It’s a tough one.
I don’t wanna deal with them there so spitefull.
Getting social worker on my case coz I asked for help broke my heart.
I’ll deal with it meself, I’ll take them to court later I got photos etc so I’ve covered myself.
But still I need to know what kills spider mites and thrips etc
Dunno what to buy.
Your right tho it should not be my problem but it is mate at mo.
Crawling must be mites rats bring scabies bird mites rat mites ,
but I think other pics on put on here I’ve no idea ?
Something was embedded in my finger a week, took that long to come out,
All I do I sleep were I feel so unwell now. Things bite my back bad.
My daughter is 16 so I’m getting no Help .
when they bite u they make u unwell and u get headache too,
U see why I want rid of them so bad .
Thanks kindly pal gina

F44ADC4E 7A78 41F5 9C9F 35CAE6B89E82
7F9FCE13 6DF5 4286 8E22 E93C6CB4DB87
DBD5611F F36D 4F02 8A99 5716C860B850
46FA1498 82FA 467A AD31 20C8B1DAA36D
E325CDD8 701B 4BA7 AB54 B76CEB5E511B
B3EC7AD8 DB21 4277 B29D C31A994C81F5
607566D4 398E 4160 B898 136D66BA37D3
BF7FC8C3 B3DB 4CED B5CA 3DDF4C153F51
01563502 6B28 47CA B594 6C103532857E
24E6972A F5AC 4462 A3F0 B2770D7F0F68
Last edited:
R

Rattymite123

I would get some peppermint oil. Pure peppermint oil. And mix it with a little bit of mineral oil. And use a smoke generator to blast the mist into the walls where the rats are.

Then you have to seal everything with a gap greater than a couple millimeters. So new rats don't come in. They hate peppermint. It's better than walls full of dead and poisoned rats. I would accuse the rats of saying mean things to you on Facebook and make the police come get them.
Haha 😂 lol
The old bill are avoiding my block I think
They heard we’re all infested 🤣🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom