Rate/help my first hydro grow

• Thread starter SeaWeed4202
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeaWeed4202

SeaWeed4202

Just started a DWC hydrogrow for the first time and I'm concerned about it's growth so far. At first I noticed I was burning it a bit halfway through week 1 with nutes so I laid a bit off that went from 600-700ppm to 350-400ppm for the nutes into week 2. temps are mid 70s°, res water at 67°, 1000w light on veg only atm, also using fox farms and keeping up with ppm not ph(which I probably should). I'm wondering if I can improve on anything for it's health, thanks for the help!!!

Ratehelp my first hydro grow
SeaWeed4202

SeaWeed4202

Did some investigating and it might be wind burn so I removed the fan from facing directly at it, lmk if y'all think otherwise.🙏

DrStadanko

DrStadanko

Just started a DWC hydrogrow for the first time and I'm concerned about it's growth so far. At first I noticed I was burning it a bit halfway through week 1 with nutes so I laid a bit off that went from 600-700ppm to 350-400ppm for the nutes into week 2. temps are mid 70s°, res water at 67°, 1000w light on veg only atm, also using fox farms and keeping up with ppm not ph(which I probably should). I'm wondering if I can improve on anything for it's health, thanks for the help!!!
Hi first of all P/H Is one of the most important things in DWC, KEEP NUTRIENTS 300- 400 FIRST WEEK P/H 6.0, 600-800 the second week, how high is your light from the plants, they should be 36-42 inches away
Good Luck
DrStadanko

SeaWeed4202

SeaWeed4202

Hi first of all P/H Is one of the most important things in DWC, KEEP NUTRIENTS 300- 400 FIRST WEEK P/H 6.0, 600-800 the second week, how high is your light from the plants, they should be 36-42 inches away
Good Luck
DrStadanko
My light source is about 34inchs away and I'll make sure to keep my pH balanced, thanks bro👌

SeaWeed4202

SeaWeed4202

Few days later, let me know if my grow looks normal so far

Received 1254524824989410
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

You will prolly run into calmag issues ones you lower your feed. I would be at 300ppm with flora trio and calmag. I'd say it's way overfed, which slows growth and hurts plant. I feel you cannot underfeed in hydro. You either don't feed it, you feed it, or you over feed it. Your ppms should be dropping daily, not increasing at even the slightest. .. Always dropping.

A good ph meter you can calibrate with solution is what you need.

Not a bad start though for real.

SeaWeed4202

SeaWeed4202

You will prolly run into calmag issues ones you lower your feed. I would be at 300ppm with flora trio and calmag. I'd say it's way overfed, which slows growth and hurts plant. I feel you cannot underfeed in hydro. You either don't feed it, you feed it, or you over feed it. Your ppms should be dropping daily, not increasing at even the slightest. .. Always dropping.

A good ph meter you can calibrate with solution is what you need.

Not a bad start though for real.
Yeah since that last guy said to raise the ppm I did so I went from around 300 to about 500. I noticed it did take some up from 505 to 470 so I'm assuming that's so far doing good. Also noticed the new growth wasn't as light green, so I'm assuming the new res water fed it appropriately. I'm sure you're right about the calmeg so I'll probably scoop some up later and add it to the res maybe that's why it's looking a lil sus to me. Appreciate ur help:')👌

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

New growth is light green. If you were pushing it and it was growing stupid fast you would never see dark green.

I didn't read all your post at first.

So not taking ph into account, I'd say your initial issue was overfeeding at 600ppm. Then you lowered it, and things got better.. So then you raised it? Regardless as long as your ppms are dropping your good. So then since. It's feeding properly and you still have lots of dark green, try turning your lights up a bit or lowering it.

I guess I'm learning that fox farms gives a higher ppm than trio... I'll try to remember that. I'm at 500 ppm now and growing trees entering flower lol.. Anyways.. Turn them lights up just a bit.. You won't hurt it.

U can use Google play app and get the lux meter on your phone. I'd say 15k lux and ur good.

Last edited:
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

They are all different in their needs kinda.

I start around 200 ppm ro water and calmag then add up to maybe 350 to 400 depending.

SeaWeed4202

SeaWeed4202

New growth is light green. If you were pushing it and it was growing stupid fast you would never see dark green.

I didn't read all your post at first.

So not taking ph into account, I'd say your initial issue was overfeeding at 600ppm. Then you lowered it, and things got better.. So then you raised it? Regardless as long as your ppms are dropping your good. So then since. It's feeding properly and you still have lots of dark green, try turning your lights up a bit or lowering it.

I guess I'm learning that fox farms gives a higher ppm than trio... I'll try to remember that. I'm at 500 ppm now and growing trees entering flower lol.. Anyways.. Turn them lights up just a bit.. You won't hurt it.

U can use Google play app and get the lux meter on your phone. I'd say 15k lux and ur good.
Thanks so much for that app recommendation it helped a lot!! Within 2-3 hrs it looked happier having 15k lux,I originally had it around 28k😬

Received 294285222215568
SeaWeed4202

SeaWeed4202

Is this a male? I see a stick in-between the new growth that looks like leafs

20211007 211130
SeaWeed4202

SeaWeed4202

Hopefully I'm not stressing out my plant too much by switching over to full spectrum led from just veg switch and right away it burned the tops a bit. Just wondering if I'm doing it right the lux on the full spectrum is about 10k as I tried using 15k which resulted in slight light burn. Lmk how I can improve it😅

20211010 131314
Growinginil

Growinginil

Thanks so much for that app recommendation it helped a lot!! Within 2-3 hrs it looked happier having 15k lux,I originally had it around 28k😬
Hey she is coming along nicely. They don’t need a lot of light when starting off. They do want the blue spectrum big time!

SeaWeed4202

SeaWeed4202

Hey she is coming along nicely. They don’t need a lot of light when starting off. They do want the blue spectrum big time!
Would u recommend me holding off on full spectrum until a little further in 🧐or leave full spectrum for the remainder of the grow?

Latest posts

Top Bottom