for veg:
for 12/12:
  • Dark Energy (for first 4 weeks)
  • Hygrozyme (for first 4 weeks)
  • Snow Storm Ultra (for first 4 weeks) *foilar applications
  • Bloombastic (for next 4 weeks)

and then 2 weeks of flush

Also, this will be a DWC grow with white widow as the strain

thoughts?!?! any input would really be appreciated, 1st timer here, take it ez on me

S

soy

so your saying ditch the hygrozyme? I read a lot and it seems like people either love it or hate it. I think the people that end up hating it actually use too much to the point where they develop the root rot themselves.

Would H2O2 be a sufficient substitute? or is H2O2's purpose not quite the same? Many people suggest simple pond cleaning enzymes as opposed to hygrozyme as well due to the high price of hygrozyme

J

Jalisco Kid

why use the snow so early on,I would really use low ppms floral spraying fist 4 weeks. JK

S

soy

why use the snow so early on,I would really use low ppms floral spraying fist 4 weeks. JK

hmm.. not sure im following you here, you say you wouldn't use it early on, but then you say use it for the first 4 weeks like i was indicating?

J

Jalisco Kid

I would not use it but if I did I would try it at a low ppm. JK

M

MightyZeppelin

Hey man,

In my humble opinion, if you're giving your girls what they need i.e. a balanced diet at around 800-1000 ppm @.5, good quality lighting, fresh air and cool oxygenated water (~65deg.) all those additives are a waste of money.

If you look at what's in those bottles contain, they don't have anything your plants need that you're not already giving them with your base nutes. The other stuff is preventive at best and is unnecessary if you give them the diet above.

Just my .02

Peace

J

Jalisco Kid

additives can work,but it is the timing that make them valuable.JK

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
So true JK. Timing is everything. It took me a while to figure that out. Plants can be manipulated to perform above the norm but if not done right can stunt growth and ruin quality.

I've heard mixed results with Snow Storm. Some claim more roots right away...I though it was for more frosty looking buds.....idk. I do know Bushmaster helps control the stretch if need be. It works when you get it right so maybe the Snow Storm does too.

I like the sound of Dark Energy but haven't used it.

fred

H

HortiClueless

Why are you using any additives? Unless you know a particular strain well enough to the point that for example: week 1 of flower, this strain likes a little extra cal/mag then you do not need additives

and most growers do not get to know a strain THAT well

H

halitzor

No reason to use any additives unless you like wasting money.

Its been proven over and over again that simply lucas method (whether it be in 8/16 | 8ml -gal (flora nova bloom) | or maxibloom 1tsp gal) works better than the most expensive nutrient lines.

Here's a secret the nutrient companies don't want you to know but is ridiculously stupid:

All nutrient companies have a "nutrient profile" which all of their base nutes + additives add up to complete.

Most companies separate this nutrient profile into its individual parts so that you have to buy more items to complete the profile.

There are several lines of nutrients that have the exact same thing in their base nutrient that other companies have separated throughout an entire line.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Ill tell ya what
I ran floranova for a couple years and the most simple and best I got from it was base nutes + floralicious + koolbloom liquid and aquashield thats it. Very very effective and tasty
BG

D

dirtbzzl223

I've used dark energy in the past quite a bit, but holy @#$% it STINKS up the whole house! But it does work. Especially during those growth spurts! From my exp...right when ya notice yur plants starting to take off...give them a dose of the Dark energy!

S

Silica

Keep it simple shirley. I only use canna flora, vge and pk 13/14. the odd clonex, sometimes superthrive which might be snake oil but use it anyway, and ph down. thats it.
I get good yeilds and good taste. Nothing else i tried improved anthing

B

Buddy Flowers

"Hygrozyme- A+ "

"so your saying ditch the hygrozyme?"

no , i rated it an A+ . keep it, you need an enzyme. you clearly need to do more reading though before you delve into this.

Top Bottom