Rate my canopy/Time to supercrop?

• Thread starter zen0n
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
zen0n

zen0n

Hey guys, first time grower here. Running 8 DWC buckets in a 8x8x7 (effectively 4x8) tent with 2 mars hydro ts3000s. 8 clones I got on 4/20 were pretty much 3 weeks old. It took about a week of top feeding before roots were sitting in the juice. So I've been vegging them with Future Harvest line of nutrients since 4/26. In week 4 currently at a 65% recommended dosage, with my 140 ppm water it comes out to around 900ish, water goes in at 5.8.

Strains are 4 Cherry Pie, 2 Alaskan Purple 2 Bruce banner. In the picks, the CPs are more bushy, the APs stalky.

Anyhow, I was a pretty big chicken shit when it came to topping, had a buddy pop by and do some one time, but still couldn't find the courage to do it myself haha. But went to town on some LST and inadvertantly bending/breaking some branches and creating some knuckles. I've done some trimming of the under carriage and removal of mature fan leaves and some fan leaves where the plants get close to each other.

For the most part the canopy seems to be coming along pretty decent, but a few of the main stems are shooting through the middle and effecting how close i can run the lights to the main canopy.

I was thinking of supercropping the tall main stems, waiting a week or so then flipping to flower, but to be perfectly honest, I have no idea of when the right time to flip would be for my space. Running DWC so I won't be scrogging, just trying to create an even canopy for my first time. I'm not in any kind of rush, just concerned about tent space generally. Currently the canopy is about 29" from the ground, with 4'ish to the roof of the tent not including lights.

Thanks guys!
Canopy top
Canopy side

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

You can supercrop 2 weeks into flower or whenever the stems harden and become brittle.

zen0n

zen0n

Went camping last weekend and flipped today. Well hope for the best height wise haha!

Thanks guys

Top Bottom