Rate My Micro Veg Box

• Thread starter Tyleraxis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tyleraxis

Tyleraxis

Here is my "custom" built mico grow box.

-It started out as a rubbermaid 24.gal Size: 26.5"L x 19.3"W x 17.4"H 5.4 sq. ft

-I modified the top, I bought 4 extra tops, and cut out the inners and glew two together with the bottom sealed with weather stripping, and plexiglass to incase the lights.

- the entire box is lined with reflective material and hot glued in. For venting and cooling I have 1-3" inlet fan on the bottom and 1-3" exhaust fan on the opposite side towards the top of the box. Temp stays 80-85 degrees with 50-65% humidity

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/[IMG]http://i32.invalid.com/albums/d32/gp98sr/120627_100.jpg[/IMG]- for lights im using two- surge protectors screwed to the top lid, bulbs are 6x 150w/33w CFL 2300k, 2,225 lumens. total of 13,350 lumens.

sedate

sedate

tyleraxis said:
CFL 2300k, 2,225 lumens. total of 13,350 lumens.

I would replace 3 of those with 6500k bulbs and stagger them between the warmer bulbs.

I don't like vegging under light that warm - shit can get stretchy especially with small plants like that.

But the tub is cool.

Tyleraxis

Tyleraxis

Ive already used it.Doesnt get hot at all. The fans suck and blow enough air to keep the temps in the box to 80 or lower. Im using the dull side of the aluminum foil so it prevents burning. I have added 4 more 6500k 1500 lumen CFL's. So the total lighting is 10,000 lumens and its a mix between 2700k and 6500k, the box itself is 3.5 square feet... Im using this to get my plants started, sexed, and a healthy 20" tall

Im under going a flowering closet with a 600W HPS its a 6'x3'x3'.. Should be good to do what Im using. I dont want or need a huge garden.

Caregiver.. I get it, you love the outdoors. But , in my situation, in an apartment... cant happen right now. But your input is helpful. :rolleyes:

Tyleraxis

Tyleraxis

ok, Ill def look into man! I thought/read that the dull side of tin foil was fine. but if not, Ill change it this week. Thanx

Tyleraxis

Tyleraxis

Yes, two in Veg, two in a flowering closet. Just keeps following thew cycle. My seeds are Bomb THC. I grow them to about 20" in the tote, then flower them. They grow to like 35"... not very tall at all.

Dodge

Dodge

Micros are super cool and can definitely produce some smoke no doubt. Have you tried to do any training or topping to help fill your space? You can make em more bushy and you can even grow em in circles before you bloom, no lie (Low Stress Training or LST is what I'm talking about. You can read all about it on the farm). I had a bunch of fun training my plants and seeing how they respond. I now prefer to allow the plants take their natural form whenever possible. Cool setup dude.

Tyleraxis

Tyleraxis

Thanx man. Yea I tried topping/pruning the last plant. I trimmed the plants growing sprout and it then split into two larger branches. Seemed to respond well. Ill def train them more on this upcoming grow. Just Finshed modifying the box this week. Then on to the hooking up my HPS.

Top Bottom