Rate Of Depreciation During Flower

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PassTheJ

So its day 19 of flower. Everyday I get one leaf that turns like this.. the plants look great. Leaves are perky and budding nicely.

Just wanted to know how normal this is at day 19...

Rate of depreciation during flower
Rate of depreciation during flower 2
Rate of depreciation during flower 3
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Starting to get nitrogen deficient. I keep up my nitrogen through the first half of flowering. Then taper off as it gets closer to harvest. It’s fairly normal so nothing to worry about but preventable.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
There is a great chart in the Cannabis Infirmary section that has a visual guide to most deficiency related problems. Check it out and it looks like Nitrogen is running low...yellowing leaves starting on the bottom is a typical sign of N deficiency.

P

PassTheJ

Well heres my thing.. I understand it's a nitro deficiency because they look like it but I provide 2ml /gl every feed @ 3 a week. It's twice the recommend dose on my feeding guide for week 2-3..

Should I add more? I'm thinking that nitrogen deficiency happens naturally as flower progresses so I was curious is a leaf a day is normal "wear" for plants 3 weeks into flower.

If it isn't, then I'll start adding 4ml/gl next time around.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
4 weeks into flowering on the two susceptible plants and I always have yellowing leaves starting at the bottom. I am feeding them pretty well but the one strain does it regardless of how much N I pump into it. I'm waiting for a TDS meter to see just what I am getting out of the bottom of the bucket, but I typically give them a Tablespoon of 20-20-20 weekly and everyone is happy...except those two from the same strain. I am getting some leaf clawing, a sign of too much nitrogen, but I think it is more of a light reaching issue since the plants are taller than the light exposure and only the leaves that are above the level of the light are clawing.
After 30+ years with this strain doing the same thing every grow, I finally just learned to ignore it. The plant is very lanky and not a great producer, but it is ancient and I enjoy growing some of the non available old strains from yesteryear. The new strains are much like new cars compared to the old ones...the old ones had problems that you just learned to accept...new models have most of the bugs worked out and improved...but I still love the classics!

Top Bottom