ratio of plant weight

• Thread starter RacecarRandy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RacecarRandy

RacecarRandy

I have a question about the weight of a total plant.
I will be growing a modified nft/flood and drain system under 3k of lights using rockwool. I am in Ohio and I am trying to keep everything under 5000 grams. here they weigh stems, roots and everything.

if i average around 4lbs per harvest from these 3 lights, is there a formula to ballpark how much total plant matter I will produce?

jyip

jyip

thats a tough one to ballpark,,,, wet verse dry weight will be a big factor here as a dried plant is roughly 20-25% percent of the wet weight.i would definatelyu look into fiding out how to go about guessing a weight

good luck w/ it

if you didnt hafta include stems, roots n soil i hava decent formula you can use to guesstimate dry bud harvest weight.... you count up all the branch tips that will yeild a bud/cola and depending ona heavy or light yeilding plant you figure 3-7 grams per branch tip....this gives a fair idea of yieldor you can take the total weight of wet plant and figure 20-25 % is rough harvest weight of bud

RacecarRandy

RacecarRandy

im just worried about dry weight, wet weight should not be important.
has anyone ever weighed the whole plant before, or possibly just all of the stem and bud as a comparison? I know there has to be a formula or someone who has done this before.

Top Bottom