Rats, natures biggest douche bags.

• Thread starter StonedOwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StonedOwl

I left my farm alone for one week, just came back Sunday. My lights where on a timer and I was using a 2 liter soda bottle to gravity feed my little ones water.
Everything was fine, everything was perfect, nothing could go wrong.....Or so I thought.
When I came home I immediately went to check on my plants of course, and what did I find?....A murder scene, a blood bath, a horror I will never forget. All 3 of my plants where dead, nothing left save for some chewed up leaves and stubs where the stems once where. I would post a pic of it, but its just to horrible, and I don't have a camera.

Needles to say I am more than a little angry. Those rats don't know who they're messing with. I intend to launch a extermination campaign very soon. I have a multitude of traps both live and dead. (though any caught in the live trap will still die) And enough rat poison to take down the entire Baldwin family.

However I am a peaceful man. I don't enjoy killing living things. I don't really feel I have the right to chose who lives and dies. Only the universe has that right. So I thought I would give the universe a chance to save the little bastards lives.

If any of you can give me any tips or tricks to keep rats away from my plants in a less than lethal fashion, I might just be tempted to show some mercy. If not, they all die.

R

Rural_GrowOp

And enough rat poison to take down the entire Baldwin family.

HAhaha

Sorry to hear that man I would be mad as hell! I don't know that I could let em live if they did that to me. I say kill the little bastards to make sure they don't do it again. If you catch and release them they'll pull a terminator on you. "I'll be back" lol.

N

Nuglover

It's them or your plants...not a real tough call for me. Poison's not really my thing. I've used a type of glue board then anethesiatizes them so the suffering is short lived. When I find them they are either in a coma or dead and you can tell they didn't struggle too long. That or big ass traps do it quick. Or just get a cat. I've got a few extra kittens if you want one. LOL If there is food to be found, a rat will find it.

R

Rural_GrowOp

I throw in a couple cats as well. My flower room is in my barn and thats where the cats sleep. So far no mice!!!

S

StonedOwl

Well I can't use cats, this is a dog household. Cat's are just food my dachshunds haven't caught yet. My dogs do chase and kill rats almost every night, its their favorite pass time. However I live near a big open field where I suspect the rats have some sort of underground kingdom. So there are simply too many for my dogs to kill them all.

Ill give till the end of today for the universe to give me an option. Then I go to war. (Insert one bad ass gearing up montage)

R

Rural_GrowOp

I'd take dogs over cats any day but I can't keep em away. I started with three barn cats at the beginning of last year and now I'm at 15. Some stay some roll on. My room is right beside a big field to maybe I should invest in some traps just for preventative measures. Good thread man you made me think about something that hadn't come up before.

T

Trillion

I say it's payback, I don't see a rat as a living thing it's a rat lol
Either way, I wish you good luck man.

C

cway

Go to war bro.. Fuck them rats.. I am a peaceful treehugging pot smoking quasi hippie but when my Girls get fucked with... Its on like donkey kong...

Besides man rats have migrated from all parts of world, breed with each other, and created a SUPER RAT here in the states.. Its actually a whole new speices that they have named and all.. And as a matter of fact some cities are in danger of being over run by these rats so the Cities have squads that do nothing all day but kill rats..

They are parasites that serve no purpose in those mass numbers but to fuck shit up, eat our food, ruin our water, take over our houses.. Rats made this personel so go to town bro.. Show no mercy.. Darwinism right? If we allow rats to takeover then soon they will be unstopable.. Its us or them ..

I choose us and our precious plants..

T

Trichy

StonedOwl I hope your garden comes back twice as lush and beautiful. I am so bummed out for you. :/

S

stone69

Plug up every hole and caulk every crack that you can see. Make sure there's no way a roach can get into your grow room. Then set your traps inside. If you choose to not kill 'em use the live traps and take far away. But I'm with Nuglover, it's them or your plants and it's not like they are endangered or anything. Keep some cats outside if you can to keep 'em away from the house. Good luck SO...

G

GDS StonerBoy

I have been here before but they didnt destroy all of my plants although they chewed one down but it survived and still put off some nice sized buds.

But i used the sticky traps and i hate rats with all of my heart and soul so i could careless how they die as long as they do. Whether it be a slow painful death or a quick painless one its still a dead rat and im happy.

I too live next to a large field and i combat them with stray cats, sticky traps and the new black cat mouse traps that Lowe's sells. I have never had a rat be sleeping on those sticky traps that are supposed to put them to sleep so if you catch one on the sticky trap he'll probably most certainly be alive. The Black cat traps demolishes them and its the easiest safest trap i have ever used. Simply put some peanut butter or pecans or a combination of both where the food goes and if there's a rat he'll be crushed in that trap the next day!

Good luck!

B

boxmunch9

buy a "rat zapper" best rat killer out there. you drop a piece of dog food or peanut butter on a soda cap into the unit, then when a rat goes into get it, bam, electrodeath. I was able to kill 13 mice in about a week. one day i killed three mice in one afternoon. the thing magical

N

Nuglover

buy a "rat zapper" best rat killer out there. you drop a piece of dog food or peanut butter on a soda cap into the unit, then when a rat goes into get it, bam, electrodeath. I was able to kill 13 mice in about a week. one day i killed three mice in one afternoon. the thing magical

Hell, I don't even have rats and I want one...sounds entertaining. LOL

I know this is gonna sound bad but a number of years ago my wife and I moved into a duplex with a horrible rodent problem. They were so bad that we used traps,glue boards,and poison and still had em. I would sit on the back deck with the sliding glass doors open at night while I smoked. I would keep my pellet gun with me to shoot the rats coming down the power lines towards the house. Even shot a few in the kitchen floor while on the deck smoking.. Finally had to move just too f*cked up to stay there. Landlord sued me for breaking the lease and I still have a judgment against me. I was worth it though. Rodents are nasty.

diyJunkie

diyJunkie

I have controlled rat problem, lol; I breed them for my snakes to munch on :)

So I am oblivious to rat murder... If they escape the cages it's shoot to kill - I can't afford to have a rat problem.
Just don't let them buggers bite you; I kept it clean as hell and still infection-city.

I agree with the general thoughts of the thread... Kill them or they'll get your plants again.

P

punkadc

haha oh my god can i nominate this for thread of the month or something...
...not to laugh at anyones problems, cuz rats are no joke... but this thread had me in stitches:D:D:D to many things to even try quoting:D

....and i agree with pretty much everyone else.. i am a peaceful person, and i love animals and everything..... but send those rats to hell!!! like others said, its us or them, and they started this one!!!

T

the Rock

the big rat traps are most effective and reusable. I used stickypaper before and have had rats/mice chew theyre own legs off to get free of the glue.And like previous poster said =plug all holes and cracks and openings if feasible

S

StonedOwl

and the new black cat mouse traps that Lowe's sells.

Yeah I got 10 of those at Lowe's yesterday. Indeed the best rat traps I have seen.

Okay, not a single vote for non-dead rats. I guess that calls it. I will feel no guilt.
I was thinking about seeding the field with the poison.....but that might be borderline evil, so never mind. A friend of mine gave me some thin mesh wire, like chicken wire. I am going to surround my entire space with it somehow, and keep the area around the wire stocked with poison, then I'll place the traps at strategic spots around my home. If they get through that, I'll just have to buy a shotgun.

T

Trichy

Ya, don't do the poison just in case one of your pet's catches them..

P

Pyro G.

This is da best thread i've come across in a while. I'm a city boy & crossing paths w/ footlong ratz is a norm around here. I haven't had a rodent problem at my home (my mom's boyfriend is an exterminator) but I have been battling rats that keep getting into my father-in-law's garage where i keep fully custom turbo AE86. We've been at war for da past 3yrs. & those lil nasty fluckers have cost me over $3000 in new brake lines, ignition wires, repolishing chrome service, etc. If they cant eat it, they piss or shyt on it. I've mixed broken glass bottles w/ concrete to patch holes they've made in the garage walls, that happens to be brick. Glue traps disappear & rat poison is like steroids for them. I've started using antifreeze as a poison & it workz GREAT. I pour it under my car & leave bowls of it in every corner, those assholes drink it (thinking its water) and then its just a matter of following da foul odor and shoveling-up da corpses. It's hell-a Fun scoop those dead fukerz up & a total stress reliever hearing them scream in pain at night as they die.

Latest posts

Top Bottom