Rats, natures biggest douche bags.

• Thread starter StonedOwl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

maimonides

My uncle had rats nesting in his garage and wanted to kill them all. But to avoid handling the dead bodies and the chemical problem (dog eating it, etc), he tried an electronic method called RODAR. It blasts out a sound at a frequency above the audible range of humans and even cats & dogs, and with incredible power, so that the rodents leave. Here's the site I found for it:
http://www.microncorp.com/rodar/
I've seen a couple of similar electronic repellers advertised and my uncle bought two or three off of amazon, but they were too wimpy to make an impact. This thing has a serious amplified speaker inside that will jackhammer the heck out of the rats eardrums. He put this up in the crawlspace and they were gone within 24 hours. Worth a try in your case, maybe?

K

kansasgrown

Last time I had a rat infestation....I went to WAR!! Only thing I will never use again is rat poison. I had a dog that was great at killing rats but apparently he got one that my neighbor had poisoned...and that was it for him. A whole arsernal is available to take out your enemies....the old fashioned snap trap with peanut butter. The newer model that looks like a giant clothes pin. The glue trap. The live trap that can be followed up with a drowning...and my favorite...looks like a miniature bear trap. If you have a feed shop near you they usually carry all the different types.

S

SkyHi

This thread is worthless without pics or vids, lol. I wanna see a rat zapper in action ahhahahhahaaa

S

StonedOwl

Ya know, that completely skipped my mind. Rats eat poison, dogs eat rats, dogs die...

I will immediately clean up all my poison and stop using it.

K

kansasgrown

Ya know, that completely skipped my mind. Rats eat poison, dogs eat rats, dogs die...

I will immediately clean up all my poison and stop using it.

Yup, unfortunately my dog never really ate the rats. He would chew them and play with their carcasses but he paid the price anyway.

J

jdubz206

while i'm sorry many people have lost plants to rats, i have to say this is one of the most amusing threads i've read lately. some of the posts had me rolling lol :smiley_joint: funny shit

for those with the underground population of rats, do what they're doing at the state parks here in WA...the RODENATOR...i couldn't believe it when i read about it in the paper but this is what they use here and it apparently kicks ass...from their website:

The Rodenator Pro® uses a controlled mixture of propane and oxygen that is injected into the rodent's burrow. A built-in, self contained ignition system then ignites the mixture, creating an underground shockwave or concussion that instantly eliminates the rodent and collapses the tunnel system.

for a good laugh, check out their promotional video:

N

NBfrost

ground hogs are a pest for outdoor too , but not as bad as rats , we would trap them in live traps , by placing a carrot or something of the veggy type , and then when they were in the trap , me or my dad would shoot it point blank with the 22 . on day i ran out of 22 bulliets , so i used my 3 1/2 12 gague , with a slug , took off everything from the shoulders up and a huge hole in the cage :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom