Rawrrrrrrrrrr!!!

• Thread starter FenderSuper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FenderSuper

FenderSuper

So I had it all set up to get Afghani clones from Strainbank. Get a text this morning, they cannot deliver because, "the clones are not rooting."

Well excuse the fuck outta me, but that sounds suspiciously like lame excuses from lame gardeners. THEN I find out, Strainbank is just a broker, they don't DO anything but gather them from third-party growers. So I did a Googly search and found the Clone Brothers (, who have a strain (Kosher Kush) that's a lot like Afghani (part of the strain) and they deliver from Socal to Norcal once a week, AND the plants will be 12-14 inch teens, not teeny clones. Little more spendy per unit, but with an older plant, I think I have a better chance.

But be advised, Strainbank's rep is sinking by one more vote. Fuckin' amateurs.

Last edited:
Ignignokt

Ignignokt

So many sketchy 'business models' in flight right now. It seems I know the types that are filling executive roles in the business. Pretty much the same guys I knew in silicon valley. The 'Product' is in vapor state currently. However available for immediate purchase. How does that work, tell me again?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

So I had it all set up to get Afghani clones from Strainbank. Get a text this morning, they cannot deliver because, "the clones are not rooting."

Well excuse the fuck outta me, but that sounds suspiciously like lame excuses from lame gardeners. THEN I find out, Strainbank is just a broker, they don't DO anything but gather them from third-party growers. So I did a Googly search and found the Clone Brothers (, who have a strain (Kosher Kush) that's a lot like Afghani (part of the strain) and they deliver from Socal to Norcal once a week, AND the plants will be 12-14 inch teens, not teeny clones. Little more spendy per unit, but with an older plant, I think I have a better chance.

But be advised, Strainbank's rep is sinking by one more vote. Fuckin' amateurs.
Couldn't help but notice your amp. Have you ever seen one of these?

20170617 163805
20170617 163801
FenderSuper

FenderSuper

My amp in the photo is clone of a '59 Super, I built about 10 years ago. NOTHING like a Blackface. Totally different circuits. Super has a sound all its own, sweet and clean when you dial back the volume on the guitar, as nasty as any Marshall when you push it hard. Best amp I've ever played through and I get a great sense of pride and accomplishment when I gig with it. I like it better than a '59 Bassman.

I've never seen the amp in your photos, but it looks like you could build it real easy. I like building those old circuits.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

My amp in the photo is clone of a '59 Super, I built about 10 years ago. NOTHING like a Blackface. Totally different circuits. Super has a sound all its own, sweet and clean when you dial back the volume on the guitar, as nasty as any Marshall when you push it hard. Best amp I've ever played through and I get a great sense of pride and accomplishment when I gig with it. I like it better than a '59 Bassman.

I've never seen the amp in your photos, but it looks like you could build it real easy. I like building those old circuits.
I bought it used so reasonably priced I wouldn't even dream of building one LOL. It's a 1 watt amp and what I love about it is I can overdrive the shit out of it and it sounds great and it doesn't disturb the neighbors LOL

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

And for some reason it responds nicely to any pedal I put on it.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I tie it into my Eminence 16 ohm and it is dynamite no joke.

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

I bought it used so reasonably priced I wouldn't even dream of building one LOL. It's a 1 watt amp and what I love about it is I can overdrive the shit out of it and it sounds great and it doesn't disturb the neighbors LOL
Can you find me a wiring diagram for it?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I could run 16-ohms with two eights in series.[/QUOTE I tie it into the back of a valve jr. I got 4 8 and 16 on it. Couldn't tell you about wiring my friend I am no technician LOL. All I can tell you is I have some kick ass equipment here and I always turn to this little thing because the tone makes me want to keep playing LOL I think you know what I mean.

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

Kinda like me with my super. I looked at the board, but I'd want to build it with a tag board, not a PC board.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Not sure if my last post went through for some reason. Forgive me if I am reposting the same thing. I tie it into the back of a valve jr. that has 4 8 + 16 ohm couldn't tell you about wiring I am no technician LOL. I have a bunch of great equipment here but I always reach for this thing because the tone is so great it makes me want to keep playing I think you know what I mean LOL

FenderSuper

FenderSuper

Not sure if my last post went through for some reason. Forgive me if I am reposting the same thing. I tie it into the back of a valve jr. that has 4 8 + 16 ohm couldn't tell you about wiring I am no technician LOL. I have a bunch of great equipment here but I always reach for this thing because the tone is so great it makes me want to keep playing I think you know what I mean LOL
Hey it seems like a killer little amp. I read a thread on the TDP about people wanting more volume from it and it's like "Guys, it's a one-watt amp. It's not meant to gig with."

I'm all for leaving a nice little thing like that just as it is. I just want to build, not buy one.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Kinda like me with my super. I looked at the board, but I'd want to build it with a tag board, not a PC board.
I am able to unplug the speaker from the back of the valve jr. and Ty this little amp in I like these tubes better

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Hey it seems like a killer little amp. I read a thread on the TDP about people wanting more volume from it and it's like "Guys, it's a one-watt amp. It's not meant to gig with."

I'm all for leaving a nice little thing like that just as it is. I just want to build, not buy one.
Exactly the reason I mainly love it. I can practice at home and get all that Overdrive without killing everybody nearby.

Top Bottom