RDWC 2nd grow runtz x mad

• Thread starter elobrand
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
elobrand

elobrand

Okay, I am back for a second round of growing in hydro. This time I will be growing four plants, Runtz x Madmartigan from @Trustfall. And I didn't get a good start.

Three of the four seeds popped open in a few days in water, still waiting on the 4th. After the tails popped out on the three I put them in paper towels. Everything was going fine and I checked them one night the tails look good they were starting to get a longer and I thought maybe the next day they would come out.

The next day I checked and apparently the day before I didn't put the dome back on my starter tray. 😞 What I was looking at now was something more like a shriveled up blonde miniature pubic hair sticking out of my seeds. After many minutes of swearing it myself and everything else I rehydrated the paper towels and put the lid back on and thought oh well it's going to work or it's not. The next day it looked like they were rehydrating just a little bit so I thought I would wait.

Later on they actually started to pop out of their helmets and I thought why not so I put them in Rockwool and now I'm waiting. Also there are no pictures I didn't want any evidence for this.

I'll keep updating this infrequently but I still will update it and I will get some pictures.

Weird

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Okay, I am back for a second round of growing in hydro. This time I will be growing four plants, Runtz x Madmartigan from @Trustfall. And I didn't get a good start.

Three of the four seeds popped open in a few days in water, still waiting on the 4th. After the tails popped out on the three I put them in paper towels. Everything was going fine and I checked them one night the tails look good they were starting to get a longer and I thought maybe the next day they would come out.

The next day I checked and apparently the day before I didn't put the dome back on my starter tray. 😞 What I was looking at now was something more like a shriveled up blonde miniature pubic hair sticking out of my seeds. After many minutes of swearing it myself and everything else I rehydrated the paper towels and put the lid back on and thought oh well it's going to work or it's not. The next day it looked like they were rehydrating just a little bit so I thought I would wait.

Later on they actually started to pop out of their helmets and I thought why not so I put them in Rockwool and now I'm waiting. Also there are no pictures I didn't want any evidence for this.

I'll keep updating this infrequently but I still will update it and I will get some pictures.

Weird
Imo soak for 18hrs then into paper towels as soon as you have 1/4” tap roots then plant… imho you dont want to wait until the tap roots are longer

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
That’s a bummer dude, I do just like @Aqua Man said above. - day I the shot glass then paper towel. If they explode in the first 24 hours I will go straight to a cup of dirt.
And also this kind of crap is always going to happen, I’ve forgot to put the dome on 3-4 trays of clones because I was high🤣. Then the next day you see them and panic. Some come back some don’t, just have to realize it’s part of the process 😅especially if your a heavy smoker like me.
Would like to hear if they bounce back, and I think you have white runtz x madmartigan just an fyi which may actually be my favorite runtz. Madmartigan should add some size and a mix up of flavors. And bubblegum flavored wight runtz would be dope.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Weird
Looking forward to seeing the RDWC.

elobrand

elobrand

Imo soak for 18hrs then into paper towels as soon as you have 1/4” tap roots then plant… imho you dont want to wait until the tap roots are longer
Exactly, and my roots were almost there, I should have just put them in when I saw that they were coming out but they just weren't long enough. I'm with you on this one though.

elobrand

elobrand

That’s a bummer dude, I do just like @Aqua Man said above. - day I the shot glass then paper towel. If they explode in the first 24 hours I will go straight to a cup of dirt.
And also this kind of crap is always going to happen, I’ve forgot to put the dome on 3-4 trays of clones because I was high🤣. Then the next day you see them and panic. Some come back some don’t, just have to realize it’s part of the process 😅especially if your a heavy smoker like me.
Would like to hear if they bounce back, and I think you have white runtz x madmartigan just an fyi which may actually be my favorite runtz. Madmartigan should add some size and a mix up of flavors. And bubblegum flavored wight runtz would be dope.
In only the few hours that they have been in Rockwool under a t5 light they are starting to get just a little bit of color in them, I think they are going to be okay. At least three of them anyway. One still hasn't come out of its shell or even developed a taproot.

Autocorrect sucks

elobrand

elobrand

Things are looking up, the three that are growing are all nice and green and the cots are all formed. The last one is a seed that is finally sprouting in the Rockwool, after a soak then in the paper towels and eight days later it's now sprouting. I'll post pictures when I see roots. ( I have learned that plants can stay green a long time after they die ).

Weird

elobrand

elobrand

Things are not looking up now. Plants looked hungry so I increased from about 300 ppm to 400 and then 500. Hmm, leaves were getting lighter added a bit of cal-mag. Light leaves. Gave some Epsom, no change. At this point I figured I have now imbalanced the whole feed ratios. I am flushing now. Pretty sure I locked them out.

I haven't experienced light leaves before. @Trustfall do you know if the Runtz or MM have a nutrient preference? Like extra N or Mg? Or less even.

Wierd

Edit: the 300 ppm level was just after I put them in the clay pebbles.

Last edited:
elobrand

elobrand

A little better today. 4 weeks since I first dropped the seeds in water (except #4 - 3 weeks). They are growing even with problems. Here they are.

IMG 20221026 170110479 HDR
elobrand

elobrand

Ok, I could use some advice. My last grow went mostly well but I felt it fell flat about the 3rd or 4th week of flower. The buds stalled. I think it was the lights. While a great improvement from my budget lights, and great for veg my SE3000 seems under powered for flower. For economy and ease, I was thinking of getting a second light instead of a larger single light. Two SE3000 lights in a 4x4 should be ok. Better coverage, lower power. Does this seem to be a good train of thought?

elobrand

elobrand

I finished my message and then talked myself into getting another. Took about 2 min. Also, spiderfarmer has a sale, total cost with discount code was $100 less than my first one. I predict... 4 lbs per plant!!! Maybe.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
A little better today. 4 weeks since I first dropped the seeds in water (except #4 - 3 weeks). They are growing even with problems. Here they are.
Pics kind of far away but they look to be growing just fine.
I know nothing about growing in pebbles like that but when mine are in cups of soil or soil coco at that point I start watering them between 500-700. Usually if I am lower then that at the stage the purple stems start to show then more yellowing.

Last edited:
elobrand

elobrand

Yeah, I was a little too cautious with nutrients. New system, new plants, small learning curve.

Individual pics will come in a bit. They are much better now.

elobrand

elobrand

First my lights will be here today. Second, dammit!! @SpiderFarmerLED has a better sale. The SE3000 is now $30 dollars less than what I paid 3 days ago. Bad timing on my part.

Plants are still growing. Pics later...

Top Bottom