RDWC, air pump heating? ideas?

• Thread starter Kamisama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kamisama

Hi guys,

I ve bought pretty cheap hailea ACO 318 air pump. Do u have any experiences with this, especially if its heating water too much? Maybe I should turn it off for 5m several times per day. I ll use great white for healthy roots, 1-2 times per week put into control bucket bottle with frozen water. Also will have 35% peroxid nearby just in case.

Setup RDWC
4x 25L buckets connected with 5cm tube to each other.
1x control bucket with valve, which is connected to res.
1x water pump (outside of bucket) for circulating from control bucket.

ACO 318 is really noisy so I plan to hang it and put into air input a smaller tube, which should reduce noise, didnt try yet (just wonder, if that could cause overheating too by reducing air input). Maybe I ll use 3/4 inch tube and extract air from outside but if it ll not reduce noise, then I ll stick to first option.
It has 6 outputs and will use all of them because seems like the overheating happens mainly because people block partially output.

Regards,
Kami.

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

That’s a big pump, there are smaller units out there

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

This is what I use, also I run a intank heater and a chiller to control water temps to 69 degrees

IMG 1313
K

Kamisama

That’s a big pump, there are smaller units out there
Yeh, but cost me 29eur.
Saw recently after I ve purchased that these types of pumps overheat and therefore increase temp of water eventually. Dont have chiller, its very expensive, like 250eur. If I d want to do such investment, I d go right away for HPA, price would be relatively same.

Hopefully the water flow in RDWC will prevent water heating. Never had problems with cold water, so dont need a heater.
How loud is yours? Mine is around 60dB without those additional hacks.

Dustytrails

Dustytrails

Yeh, but cost me 29eur.
Saw recently after I ve purchased that these types of pumps overheat and therefore increase temp of water eventually. Dont have chiller, its very expensive, like 250eur. If I d want to do such investment, I d go right away for HPA, price would be relatively same.

Hopefully the water flow in RDWC will prevent water heating. Never had problems with cold water, so dont need a heater.
How loud is yours? Mine is around 60dB without those additional hacks.
Super quiet, can’t hear it as my water pump and chiller are much louder, gotta put my hand on top to tell it’s on

K

Kamisama

Super quiet, can’t hear it as my water pump and chiller are much louder, gotta put my hand on top to tell it’s on
Just checked it, thats super quiet, 45 dB max. Wonder, if I could also change amperes and reduce dB this way.

M

muppet

you dont have to worry about the pump creating heat.
but if you have it inside your room it will heat up your water as it is pumping into the water the warm room air and if you are running co2 it will poison your roots. put it outside

K

Kamisama

you dont have to worry about the pump creating heat.
but if you have it inside your room it will heat up your water as it is pumping into the water the warm room air and if you are running co2 it will poison your roots. put it outside
It ll be definitelly outside of tent.

M

muppet

if you are worried about your water getting warm, you could always run an ORP doser
, and then you could run it at 26 deg

K

Kamisama

if you are worried about your water getting warm, you could always run an ORP doser
, and then you could run it at 26 deg
That stuff cost a lot. For maintaining PH I am planning to use blackjak nutrient, which also has a carbon.

M

muppet

best use up or down buffer for maintaining potential hydrogen

K

Kamisama

cant use anything organic everything has to be synthetic, not really worth using great white as your hypoflorous and hydrogen peroxide will kill it
I ll use peroxide only in critical condition.
Not sure whats hypoflorous.
I ve simple 3 part nutrient (masterblend, epsom, 15-0-0, MSA, blackjak (which has also fulvic, humic acids (prolly counterproductive with MSA)) and H3PO4 for flower boost. And great white against anaerobic bacterias.
Obviously phosphoric acid for ph down.

M

muppet

your fulvics, and humics being organic will wildly fluctuate your potential hydrogen, so much so that it becomes virtually impossible to run a stable pH, even if you were running a pH doser.
everything as to be synthetic

K

Kamisama

your fulvics, and humics being organic will wildly fluctuate your potential hydrogen, so much so that it becomes virtually impossible to run a stable pH, even if you were running a pH doser.
everything as to be synthetic
Blackjak is prolly the only organic thing from leonardite but with carbon to stabilize PH. Some people use it succesfully in DWC systems as far as I know but will be carefull.
This I think isnt organic.

M

muppet

being an amateur chemist i was convinced that i could run an RDWC using only organic liquid nutrients , and buffer. years later being now totally synthetic, i still giggle at myself….what an absolute fkng MUPPET!!!
of course now i run redundancy in each room as well as pH and orp dosers

K

Kamisama

have a look at Current Culture product line or Front Row Ag, for the most simple , low hassle, low fluctuation, fantastic result RDWC
Not gonna change nutrients now until I ll completelly use those I ve bought already, which have for several cycles.

But if so, have u recommendations? In the area I am located, theres not much to choose with solid backtested info for specifically RDWC. Just some general describtion...

Top Bottom