RDWC Air Pumps and Root rot

• Thread starter VinnieV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VinnieV

VinnieV

Hey folks - I seem to have directly found out that the air from my air pump (Charles Austen ET400) is pumping warm air to my plants root zone - and it seems very likely it’s caused by the air. The pump is a 400L/ minute so it’s a big guy, recommended size by RDWC manufacturer - even though I have a helia chiller for the header pot it seems the air is creating the perfect environment for root rot. Has anyone else encountered this? Pumps are outside the room but have moved them further away within the lung room to hope that drops the temp. I’m going to keep adding h202 daily and HCOL with every reservoir change to see them through. V frustrating!

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Dont have any experience with dwc

but why water are you using and do you know whats in it?

And whats your temperature in your rez and tent

VinnieV

VinnieV

Dont have any experience with dwc

but why water are you using and do you know whats in it?

And whats your temperature in your rez and tent
Not a tent, sealed room. Water is RO, treated with HCOL and H202 in maintenance doses. Res temp is 18c/64F maintained via 2 helia chillers and my blue lab ph controllers keep ph stable at 5.9 currently but also act as a second verification for res temps

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Not a tent, sealed room. Water is RO, treated with HCOL and H202 in maintenance doses. Res temp is 18c/64F maintained via 2 helia chillers and my blue lab ph controllers keep ph stable at 5.9 currently but also act as a second verification for res temp
Did you properly sanitize everthing before starting your grow up?

And maybe if you have light leaks in your rez it could make things grow in there ig

Have a question for my own sake because i wanted to try out dwc.
do you change your rez or add back?

VinnieV

VinnieV

Did you properly sanitize everthing before starting your grow up?

And maybe if you have light leaks in your rez it could make things grow in there ig

Have a question for my own sake because i wanted to try out dwc.
do you change your rez or add back?
Yeah sanitized, also run ozone for 30 mins after I leave and have a UVC air sterilizing fan running 24/7. Confident the source was warm air so just keeping up treatment and hopefully it’ll subside. Frustrating with my setup because I can’t get in the room once bets are up.

You should Change res once a week, I usually do once every 2 because I have a 1000L res that tops up the header pots of two systems, each also 555L each.

Been looking at a system for next year that can be remotely activated to drain and refill the reservoir that feeds both systems

I don’t know what medium you’re in now but the difference in growth is crazy

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Yeah sanitized, also run ozone for 30 mins after I leave and have a UVC air sterilizing fan running 24/7. Confident the source was warm air so just keeping up treatment and hopefully it’ll subside. Frustrating with my setup because I can’t get in the room once bets are up.

You should Change res once a week, I usually do once every 2 because I have a 1000L res that tops up the header pots of two systems, each also 555L each.

Been looking at a system for next year that can be remotely activated to drain and refill the reservoir that feeds both systems

I don’t know what medium you’re in now but the difference in growth is crazy
Sounds Sick man right now im using lightmix(petemoss) iam really excited about starting it up
I just looked at a Oxypot and TA nutes anything you could recommend?

VinnieV

VinnieV

Sounds Sick man right now im using lightmix(petemoss) iam really excited about starting it up
I just looked at a Oxypot and TA nutes anything you could recommend?
I guess it depends if you want a ‘clean’ or ‘dirty’ system. Dirty is organic and for me way too much hassle trying to dial it in, so I went clean, using Athena Pro, results so far are great. I prefer salts for nutes just because I only really need 3 products, even Athena is expensive for salts but way cheaper than buying liquids.

Oxypots look just like the aqua farm pots or ‘Dutch pots’ which I found great for a mom, in fact I think my first grow was in one of them! Great results, Wilma do similar systems for multiple plants, bottom reservoir that recirculates. Def recommend. But as most will tell you nutrients are second to a good strain / pheno and environment - so try nutrients just keep it simple and you can’t go wrong!

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

I guess it depends if you want a ‘clean’ or ‘dirty’ system. Dirty is organic and for me way too much hassle trying to dial it in, so I went clean, using Athena Pro, results so far are great. I prefer salts for nutes just because I only really need 3 products, even Athena is expensive for salts but way cheaper than buying liquids.

Oxypots look just like the aqua farm pots or ‘Dutch pots’ which I found great for a mom, in fact I think my first grow was in one of them! Great results, Wilma do similar systems for multiple plants, bottom reservoir that recirculates. Def recommend. But as most will tell you nutrients are second to a good strain / pheno and environment - so try nutrients just keep it simple and you can’t go wrong!
Thanks alot man Happy growing 😄

Top Bottom