RDWC CFL White Widow/Purple Erkel Mother Plants

• Thread starter brotherfrombelgium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

HI everyone, this is my first post after my intro post, so i thought i would post some pics of the first mother plants i have ever grown for i did my first aeroponic cloning earlier this year and thought why not keep a good strain going and start some mother plants?

Mrs.Widow(firstpics) was started from a feminized seed 8 weeks ago and grown with a 130W CFL globe and a RDWC 50L tote, and has been heavily trimmed before this photo.
The fan leaves were huge and of course blocking too much light and air flow, so she was looking fat and large before this pic.

Standard tap water with nutes, Ph always between 5.8-6.0.

I actually started both plants in coco before i decided to grow them RDWC, so the White Widow has only been in her tote for around 6 weeks, and the Purple Erkel(bottompics) has only been in her tote for around 3 weeks.

Looking forward to replacing the CFL with an LED very soon, the LED is only 70W more but will have so much more light/lumens so will make this plant explode in growth and give me many more clones.

Using a very small water pump and just water fall effect. Will give Mrs.Widow another 1-2 weeks before i start taking clones.

Will update this post and let you know how these ladies go and when i hook up my first LED, thanks for checking out my first thread. : )

MRSWHITEWIDOW.JPG
MRSWIDOWLOVERSHERROOTS.JPG
MRSERKEL.JPG
MRSERKELROOTS.JPG

Last edited:
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Finally have an LED light for Mrs.Widow.

Bathed in light now.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

This is my Purple Erkel 5 days after changing the CFL globe.

The root growth so much better also. The pics above in the other post you can see the difference in root growth.

Will see how it grows with the CFL for awhile, hopefully will get a few clones from it.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Getting ready to take some clones from Mrs.Widow.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

I managed 13 clones all up for now, 10 from Mrs.Widow and 3 from Mrs.Erkel.

I could have taken more but don't like taking too many clones at once.
Will give them a couple of weeks before i take more, then i might try and head them.

I have never used nutes for cloning before but have done it for the first time now.
The nutes used are very kind to seedlings so hopefully will work well.

My cloner holds 25liters and has 18 misters.

Last time cloning roots showed in 3 days and were transplanted 9 days later, so looking forward to the results with these stems.

Looking forward to growing a clone in a very large pot with seedling/cutting soil which is very fine so will be interesting to see how that grows.
Time to wait for them roots....

Last edited:
brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Top pic is Mrs.Widow, will take a few more clones in another week maybe two then will flip her.
Has had 10 cuttings removed before this picture.

Realised the Purple Erkel isn't going to give me more clones in the time i need, so have decided to flip her today.
If i waited a little longer i would get another 6-7 cuttings but it wont be fast enough.

But in regards to the Purple Erkel, will try and get a nice couple of colas from it, loved this strain the last time i smoked it.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Reason i asked is i simply want to make another one, this thread is all over the place and would rather title it differently and stuff. :P

Top Bottom