Rdwc Future one starter setup

• Thread starter Smokey0418
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey0418

Smokey0418

I have put together a rdwc starter system to get my plants established.

No stones , just the falls. I enjoyed how @Aqua Man distributed the water and incorporated into this unit.

Ro water , calmag to 150 ppm then base and grow to 350ppm .
30 ml of orca into 15 gallons.
Ph aimed to 5.9

Future 1 from Anesia seed.

Thank you @GNick55

Enjoy

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have put together a rdwc starter system to get my plants established.

No stones , just the falls. I enjoyed how @Aqua Man distributed the water and incorporated into this unit.

Ro water , calmag to 150 ppm then base and grow to 350ppm .
30 ml of orca into 15 gallons.
Ph aimed to 5.9

Future 1 from Anesia seed.

Thank you @GNick55

Enjoy

View attachment 1291676
If you add the 1/4” connector to the ends of the tubing you will get a harder stream making more surface agitation.

adding a venturi is something id suggest.

There is one part i have on my system that you may want to purchase once i have production models to make that design really haul but a simple venturi will be better than nothing here.

looking good

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

If you add the 1/4” connector to the ends of the tubing you will get a harder stream making more surface agitation.

adding a venturi is something id suggest.

There is one part i have on my system that you may want to purchase once i have production models to make that design really haul but a simple venturi will be better than nothing here.

looking good
I did see those adapters and there hole was smaller , good idea will pick some up.

I have been though the want ads looking for something to generate more that’s reasonable.

Thank you for looking.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

I have just altered it a bit , adding 4 in line connectors to each plant tote.

I found the mixing rate was a bit slow with it dumping an equal amount back to each so by just doing the 4 I get a much stronger stream for my returns in my reservoir now which will help with that and the streams in my totes , well that really streams now.

2 birds with the one stone.

Thanks again.

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Just a bit of an update.

Most everything is fine, I had one plant that I was testing the stress on. It was laying on the rocks Thursday morning from a miscommunication between the two of us.

Bit of panic then a swap and everything is ok. I believe she will survive but will need a bit of tlc.

Few drips here are there to deal with but those are now nipped in the butt.

I noticed what looks like a damping off , the back left is what I believe to be too much calmag from not having enough grow.

So a bit more grow to a bit over 350ppm (.7ec).

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Plugging along, patiently waiting for the last one to come through.

Patients was thinned 4 days ago , pot was half emptied for an inspection only to find a 1.5 tap root, oops back you go.

Standing like a champ , two more days , like give me a break and root down. Cut the lower branch and leaf off.

24 hours and I have had it off with you head.

This morning the root has shown up so now to play catch up.

DFC71E1D 2317 4CBD 8B87 782498F75E8B
EB694B7B AA79 4B03 ADD3 D31E2C81ECCD
B7184B67 5862 4905 9A89 8D50C3248BD3

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

With the warm temperatures the boxelder bug has been very popular.

Now get one in you tote and see what happens.

Things were going well , then not so. Found some wing, bit of leg. Some snot ball floating around.

One plant started to yellow and growth rate was off. Roots looking off a bit.

System dumped and refreshed, double dose of orca.

Wash the roots off. For a couple days .

Inoculation of my pots more.

Yellow subsidies to green , roots are cleaning up and plants doing better.

A5F8697F 137E 47DD 9C3A 8FE0A55C40AF

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Looking awesome! Love your nice and clean system, can't wait to see this one through. I wouldn't mind trying out this elite strain!

Latest posts

Top Bottom