RDWC questions

• Thread starter Bluerhyno
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bluerhyno

I was thinking of doing regular dwc with just air stone. I have read online that this can become a pain. I still don't fully understand rdwc, you have a rez for your control. You also have a pump moving the water around and air stone in your water Rez only. When putting in your nutes in the rez do you put nutes for all the buckets? Won't this make it very concentrated? Or do you do it for how ever many gallons are in all buckets and rez? I guess I'm a bit confused. If anyone can help me please. Thanks in advance.

S

Smitty Sam

alright, I'll explain it the best I can.

say you use 5 gallon buckets, one for each plant, each bucket will have and airstone in the bottom along with a water supply line and a water drain line. the water supply line is attached to the pump located in the rez, and the drain line in each bucket drains back to the rez. All the supply lines are attached and all the drain lines are attached and all the air lines can be attached if you have a big enough pump.

the pump is ran continuously, constantly mixing the nutrient solution between all the buckets and the rez. If you have to drain the water in the whole system, just divert the water from the pump in the rez to a drain and it drains every bucket. to add water, just pour into the rez and all the buckets will fill, to add nutrients, just add to the rez and let the pump do the mixing.

hope that makes it clear for you.

J

Jalisco Kid

There is plenty of info in threads here. Just do a search. JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom