RDWC salt recommendations? Want to avoid liquids

• Thread starter VinnieV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
VinnieV

VinnieV

Anyone got any recommendations for RDWC salt nutrients?

Been using veg+bloom but have realized it’s a bit too dirty!

Been looking at their DOS A and B… but not sure if much cleaner

Choppr

Choppr

I use MegaCrop 2 Part - clean robust formula 2nd to none - check out their website / and the 2 part single tank mix calculator, It is excellent for dialing in -
good luck Vinnie...

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Anyone got any recommendations for RDWC salt nutrients?

Been using veg+bloom but have realized it’s a bit too dirty!

Been looking at their DOS A and B… but not sure if much cleaner
This is a simple answer in my mind.
Working in a consulting faculty we see Athena as the cleanest powder base currently available.
Remo comes in at a very close second with their super high solubility rate.
Many of these Salts require stock tank mixes so it is important to order a smaller quantity so you have a reliable mixture, if you are not running a commercial warehouse garden.

VinnieV

VinnieV

This is a simple answer in my mind.
Working in a consulting faculty we see Athena as the cleanest powder base currently available.
Remo comes in at a very close second with their super high solubility rate.
Many of these Salts require stock tank mixes so it is important to order a smaller quantity so you have a reliable mixture, if you are not running a commercial warehouse garden.
I have a lot of people steering me away from poder for rdwc - but I do like the sound of Athena (and have only really seen them popping up recently, are they relatively new?). Do you happen to know any facilities using this line I can research?

VinnieV

VinnieV

I use MegaCrop 2 Part - clean robust formula 2nd to none - check out their website / and the 2 part single tank mix calculator, It is excellent for dialing in -
good luck Vinnie...
Thanks so much - I’ll look into this!

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

I have a lot of people steering me away from poder for rdwc - but I do like the sound of Athena (and have only really seen them popping up recently, are they relatively new?). Do you happen to know any facilities using this line I can research?
No reason to avoid powders unless you are using still-water.
The use of stock mixes nulls any issue you might have with using powders in a RDWC.
There is a certain level of privacy in my line of work that keeps me from referencing my clients but I can assure you there are multi-million dollar farms happily running Athena.
Megacrop 2-part is interesting and provides more than just base nutrients but the trouble I see with it is the inability to cancel N at any given point in the grow.
I prefer to keep my base food....basic...
and add whatever extra when my plants require it.

VinnieV

VinnieV

No reason to avoid powders unless you are using still-water.
The use of stock mixes nulls any issue you might have with using powders in a RDWC.
There is a certain level of privacy in my line of work that keeps me from referencing my clients but I can assure you there are multi-million dollar farms happily running Athena.
Megacrop 2-part is interesting and provides more than just base nutrients but the trouble I see with it is the inability to cancel N at any given point in the grow.
I prefer to keep my base food....basic...
and add whatever extra when my plants require it.
I respect that of course - obviously don’t expect you to dive into any feeding programs you’ve developed but as far as the basics go i see for the pro line there is no calmag product, is that because the core combined with grow or bloom combined provides these nutrients?

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

I respect that of course - obviously don’t expect you to dive into any feeding programs you’ve developed but as far as the basics go i see for the pro line there is no calmag product, is that because the core combined with grow or bloom combined provides these nutrients?
Correct.
The Athena line is considered a "Complete" base feed.

Top Bottom