RDWC UCxl 18

• Thread starter BudTester420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudTester420

BudTester420

I’ve been growing Ebb n Flow Rockwool for over a 12 years now and I just bough my first RDWC system UCxl 18, been eyeing the system for years. I’m going to be running 18 plants with 8 HLG 550rspec in a 9x19’ space.
I’ve been reading up and see that most people have been putting their rooted clone straight in their dwc system for veggin a few weeks before flowering.
My question is can that veg time in the system be shortened by growing in a 3x3 or 4x4 Rockwool cube before transplanting into the systems net pot with hydroton? And what are the pros and cons of doing it that way?
Clay Pebbles or Gro Stones?
Thank you all!
I can’t wait to get this ball rollin!🔥💐

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’ve been growing Ebb n Flow Rockwool for over a 12 years now and I just bough my first RDWC system UCxl 18, been eyeing the system for years. I’m going to be running 18 plants with 8 HLG 550rspec in a 9x19’ space.
I’ve been reading up and see that most people have been putting their rooted clone straight in their dwc system for veggin a few weeks before flowering.
My question is can that veg time in the system be shortened by growing in a 3x3 or 4x4 Rockwool cube before transplanting into the systems net pot with hydroton? And what are the pros and cons of doing it that way?
Clay Pebbles or Gro Stones?
Thank you all!
I can’t wait to get this ball rollin!🔥💐
If you ask me growth will be faster in the RDWC system so I think it may slow down your veg to do them in bigger rockwool cubes. They also hold on to moisture a bit to well imo so using the smallest starting media I feel is advantageous.

BudTester420

BudTester420

If you ask me growth will be faster in the RDWC system so I think it may slow down your veg to do them in bigger rockwool cubes. They also hold on to moisture a bit to well imo so using the smallest starting media I feel is advantageous.
Thanks for the advice!
Would vegging in 3x3 Rockwool be detrimental to the plants upon transfer to DWC if i the clones were done a bit early Befor putting them into the system? I wouldn’t think so, but it’s always best to ask someone with more experience. 🙏🏼

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for the advice!
Would vegging in 3x3 Rockwool be detrimental to the plants upon transfer to DWC if i the clones were done a bit early Befor putting them into the system? I wouldn’t think so, but it’s always best to ask someone with more experience. 🙏🏼
Never tried just kinda feel it would be a bit to soggy

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Sure. In dwc system for veggin a few weeks before flowering,But this is not absolutly right , if you take this kind of baskets, u can get more weeks in Veg compared with other common baskets, it can better control the root.

Clay Pebbles are better, and the size of the Clay Pebble around 0.8cm, which is good for bedding in basket,and more than 0.8cm, which is used for the second layers of basket.

ASD
BudTester420

BudTester420

Sure. In dwc system for veggin a few weeks before flowering,But this is not absolutly right , if you take this kind of baskets, u can get more weeks in Veg compared with other common baskets, it can better control the root.

Clay Pebbles are better, and the size of the Clay Pebble around 0.8cm, which is good for bedding in basket,and more than 0.8cm, which is used for the second layers of basket.

Thanks!!!
Ok so you think it’s ok to transplant them up into 3x3 for a little more veg time before I put them into the RDWC system? Clones are ready but I’m still getting the system together.
Of those two types of basket pictured, which do you like best?
So then I should use the smaller pebbles for the bottom and larger for the top around the rockwool?
I appreciate any advice!✌🏼💚

JASONBROTHER

JASONBROTHER

Thanks!!!
Ok so you think it’s ok to transplant them up into 3x3 for a little more veg time before I put them into the RDWC system? Clones are ready but I’m still getting the system together.
Of those two types of basket pictured, which do you like best?
So then I should use the smaller pebbles for the bottom and larger for the top around the rockwool?
I appreciate any advice!✌🏼💚
"smaller pebbles for the bottom and larger for the top around the rockwool",that was my aeroponics system sales man told me that.but I didnt saw those hydro YouTuber took this method in their hydro channels.
U can transplant to dwc with 3x3 rockwool, any photos of root structure⁇

I am prefer the last one basket.

BudTester420

BudTester420

Things have been going very well and I’m really diggin the Current Culture RDWC 18 plant system. Looks like there’s plenty for me and my patients. I’ve been growing for close to 20 years in various hydroponic and organic gardens both indoors and out. Here’s a shot of the last garden just before harvest.
We’re growing Cookies Kush, Glookies and Liberty Haze in the back.

EB52EDA6 A371 421E 918A 49716A38D019
BudTester420

BudTester420

So I have a major problem. Just when you thought you’ve seen everything you know haven’t.. I’ve run into almost every issue out there but for the last two days my plants are curling very weird. I’m using cultured solutions at 300ppm and pH 5.9-6.1. The room temp is 75 and 50-65%RH. I’ve been spraying ‘3 in 1 Organicide’ and Safer Soap during veg. Under 600 MH that will be turned up to 1000 very soon.
Anyone have any ideas as to why they’re curling so bad???

6E5E33C5 26DD 4224 9D4F A0276B41D911
Rgt91

Rgt91

So I have a major problem. Just when you thought you’ve seen everything you know haven’t.. I’ve run into almost every issue out there but for the last two days my plants are curling very weird. I’m using cultured solutions at 300ppm and pH 5.9-6.1. The room temp is 75 and 50-65%RH. I’ve been spraying ‘3 in 1 Organicide’ and Safer Soap during veg. Under 600 MH that will be turned up to 1000 very soon.
heat stress?

Rgt91

Rgt91

I see your room temp is 75 but is the meter right? is your res temps rising too high i think that can make the nutes lock out but this looks too me like heat stress so im wondering if the temp is reading wrong or if the lights are too intense i know i had similar issues switching the strains that i was growing one loved the intense light the next one had been burned up by it

BudTester420

BudTester420

I see your room temp is 75 but is the meter right? is your res temps rising too high i think that can make the nutes lock out but this looks too me like heat stress so im wondering if the temp is reading wrong or if the lights are too intense i know i had similar issues switching the strains that i was growing one loved the intense light the next one had been burned up by it
I’m using a 1hp chiller and my Bluelab reads it at 69-70drgrees. Should I bump it down another degree or two? I’ve seen numbers all over 63-70.. .. I’ve been sticking to 68-70 and dropping it to 66-64 during the last two weeks.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

"I’ve been sticking to 68-70 and dropping it to 66-64 during the last two weeks.

That's exactly what I do.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
I run mine at 66 - 68 straight through.

Why are your leaves so pale; is it the strain or the result of weak nutes?

These are in 2nd week of Flower; nutes are currently at 880ppm; 66° and pH is 6.8 ( AN pH Perfect nutes);

A8

My vented room is running between 70 and 82° and RH runs from 41 - 57%, depending on light cycle. During veg temps were a bit lower and RH was higher.

I had some root rot issues in mid-March and had light colored leaves.

M23 RF leaf
M23 RF
M21 RF roots

Aqua Man got me sorted with a regimen of double dose Hydroguard and Hydroguard drenches of my media. My plants started in Rapid Rooters and then moved into 3" Delta Blocks; maybe it's that moisture inherent to rockwool causing an issue for you?

Last edited:
BudTester420

BudTester420

I run mine at 66 - 68 straight through.

Why are your leaves so pale; is it the strain or the result of weak nutes?

These are in 2nd week of Flower; nutes are currently at 880ppm; 66° and pH is 6.8 ( AN pH Perfect nutes);

View attachment 1112462

My vented room is running between 70 and 82° and RH runs from 41 - 57%, depending on light cycle. During veg temps were a bit lower and RH was higher.

I had some root rot issues in mid-March and had light colored leaves.

View attachment 1112471View attachment 1112472View attachment 1112473

Aqua Man got me sorted with a regimen of double dose Hydroguard and Hydroguard drenches of my media. My plants started in Rapid Rooters and then moved into 3" Delta Blocks; maybe it's that moisture inherent to rockwool causing an issue for you?

It’s could be the rockwool moisture but this is the third run in this system and the first two went very smoothly. Im using Cultured Solutions and currently sticking close to their weekly recommendations. I’m gonna push up the ppm over the next few days and watch the numbers closely.

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Things have been going very well and I’m really diggin the Current Culture RDWC 18 plant system. Looks like there’s plenty for me and my patients. I’ve been growing for close to 20 years in various hydroponic and organic gardens both indoors and out. Here’s a shot of the last garden just before harvest.
We’re growing Cookies Kush, Glookies and Liberty Haze in the back.
Beautiful set up, may i ask what lights your using?

Never heard of Glookies before..any chance of some close up pics of your girls..? :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom