RDWC Users, How Much Nutrients Do You Use?

• Thread starter Max Trichomes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Max Trichomes

Currently I run a 10 bucket RDWC. Now I know that a RDWC needs a much lower level of nutrients than other forms of hydro. Even knowing that, it is mind boggling to me just how little nutrients my girls require. Two days ago my EC was 1.2 (PPM (0.5 Hanna) was 620). Today is day 28 of flower and the EC is 1.3 (PPM 680). As the EC rises my pH drops. That is telling me I am over feeding, I just can't believe they require so little nutrients. The ladies are doing great, they drink over 30 gallons a week, it's just my EC keeps rising.

So all you guys and gals out there running a RDWC, what nutrient levels do you keep your res at? I was thinking of dropping my EC to 1.0 (PPM 500), but that seems so low for so late in flower. But it appears that's what my girls are trying to tell me.

R

RMCG

Use the plants as a guide, not the label on the bottle.

C

Chris1

I'm in a single bucket DWC and ppms were barely ofter 650 with my last res change and I'm in week 5 of flower. Any time during veg I tried upping my ppms they shot up and Ph got all fucked...

here we are now

100_3999.JPG

J

Jalisco Kid

In flower up to 6 weeks I am around 1150 conv .5 on most strains. I can run my bp up to 1800 with no tip burn but I do not care for the smoke. As was said above let your girls be the guide. 600 is a bit low for me unless it is a pure sat. JK

L

lbristol

It's been 6 years since this original post. Has any of the conventional wisdom changed on RDWC feeding? I am building an undercurrent system and I've read a lot about the Lucas formula but can't help but feel the plants would grow better under something different. Is there anyone else who can chime in with some experience?

Top Bottom