Re Potting Time

• Thread starter Raw911
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Raw911

Ok it's time to re pot so I'm thinking of going the 5 gal smart pot route ... Has anyone have any suggestions or ideas ?
Any pro and cons
All suggestions are welcomed

420circuit

420circuit

I have used several sizes and types, up to 10 gallon, and have settled on 5 gal GeoPots because of how they are made. They flop around less than the Smart Pots and were cheaper at the grow shop. Don't forget the tray to put it on. What kind of soil?

R

Raw911

I have used several sizes and types, up to 10 gallon, and have settled on 5 gal GeoPots because of how they are made. They flop around less than the Smart Pots and were cheaper at the grow shop. Don't forget the tray to put it on. What kind of soil?
I'm using Black Gold soil. Plants seem to like it pretty well. It's 0.05-0-0 on the NPK so I'm adding nutes (floraNova) in feeding ....

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
7 gallon smart pots. Like them much more than fives. Clone into cups, into 1 gallons, into sevens and flower. WOrks great. organic supersoil the whole time...

Last edited:
R

Raw911

But you know ... I listened to store guy and re potted into 3 gal plastic and he told me to plant a little deep so now I'm wishing I had more soil at bottom so I'm thinking to re pot to 5gal but this is start of week 4 and not sure if I should even mess with them. Just save smart pots for 2nd grow.
What should I do?
Re pot to 5?
Or
Leave alone and see what happens

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

fuck that guy, pot in 7. you'll be happy almost no matter what your potting it with. seven is same height as five but wider. Much better for what we do ninety percent of the time, ninety percent of the strains.

PB
100% agree

420circuit

420circuit

As big as you have space for is probably the best approach. You can buy 100gallon size... have heard various opinions about plants per light and suspect that 4-6 5gal or 7gal pots would be typical for 1000 watt hps. I use 600watts for 5 plants in 5s and am pleased with the results. I could improve yields by SCROG, but am not that serious.:D

R

Raw911

Here's my day 21 pic. So tell me do you think I planted too deep? If so then yea I'm GONNA need to re pot. These are the 3 gal store guy said "oh that's big enough" :confused:

All advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

As big as you have space for is probably the best approach. You can buy 100gallon size... have heard various opinions about plants per light and suspect that 4-6 5gal or 7gal pots would be typical for 1000 watt hps. I use 600watts for 5 plants in 5s and am pleased with the results. I could improve yields by SCROG, but am not that serious.:D
I use a 1000watt for 4 plants right now and i got em in 7gals...I could prolly go 5 or even 6 if i pushed it and still get good results...just curious, what are you harvesting dry weight from the 5 plants under a 600?

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

View attachment 500230 View attachment 500231 Here's my day 21 pic. So tell me do you think I planted too deep? If so then yea I'm GONNA need to re pot. These are the 3 gal store guy said "oh that's big enough" :confused:

All advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED
I mean it is a lil deep but it all depends IMO...You could leave it as is and then you have plenty of room to throw some top dressing of either amendments or top soil come flower..and just havt the stalk burried a bit further...oooorrrr you could repot its really a personal choice...thats my 2 cents anyway....

R

Raw911

I use a 1000watt for 4 plants right now and i got em in 7gals...I could prolly go 5 or even 6 if i pushed it and still get good results...just curious, what are you harvesting dry weight from the 5 plants under a 600?
Don't know yet. This is my 1st grow. but if all stays well I will keep you posted on what final harvest is. I have white widow and hash plant going. HP are the ones that are smaller.

R

Raw911

I mean it is a lil deep but it all depends IMO...You could leave it as is and then you have plenty of room to throw some top dressing of either amendments or top soil come flower..and just havt the stalk burried a bit further...oooorrrr you could repot its really a personal choice...thats my 2 cents anyway....
So you don't think I'd stall growth or worse if I re potted 21 days into grow?

420circuit

420circuit

Last group yielded about a pound of dry buds, actually just under, but most will go into oil for edible capsules, which still feels tragic to do to these fine buds. The Aspen OG was nearly half of the yield, but smelled worse than the rest by far. By worse I mean like a dead animal. But it sure smokes nice.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Well, if you don't pot into sevens you'll never have to get another light, then get more plants, then get bigger pots, more lights, more electricity, less time... You are doing fine, under that lamp you'll have plenty of vegetation from those plants in those pots...

But for real- don't listen to the grow shop guy. Also, he's pretty cool.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

So you don't think I'd stall growth or worse if I re potted 21 days into grow?
no way I just transplanted my girls into their 7gals and theyve been in veg since mid-end of feb...just add som bioag vam or other mycorrazie and a lil og biowar nute pack if available...my girls have taken off...i just wouldnt re pot if you are in flower or even if you have been running 12/12 since the beggining..IMO

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Last group yielded about a pound of dry buds, actually just under, but most will go into oil for edible capsules, which still feels tragic to do to these fine buds. The Aspen OG was nearly half of the yield, but smelled worse than the rest by far. By worse I mean like a dead animal. But it sure smokes nice.
Sweet bro!....hey whatever makes the med better available to you or your patients!

J

jinxjj

Since it's your first grow and looks like you are in a tent I'd keep them in the current pots. They are gona stretch like hell once in bloom so get a grow under your belt with the current pots, see how big the ladies stretch and fill out and then adjust your plans for next grow.

You may want to stay where you are at after seeing how big they get in bloom!

Latest posts

Top Bottom