Re-tooling

• Thread starter sgt. schultz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Have 2x1000hps in 4x8x8 room with 15k btu portable sealed. have only been able to run 1 light and keep temps below 84*. Using pro-mix straight out of bag with mychorrize. 3 gallon pots hand watered. Would like to kick wallls out to 10x10x8 with small walkway quartering space under 4x1000hps. Got about 3 to 4 thousand to spend. 500 of that for 2 more 1000hps. Using 400mh for veg. I know I need better A/C, maybe window unit (spare bedroom walled up is space). I also have cottage in backyard with 20 ft ceiling. Other accessories are 865cfm 8" inline fan, 485cfm 4" squirrel fan to cool 2x1000 air cooled hps that doesn't do a lot. CO2 selonoid and timer for large CO2 welding type bottles. What is my best course of action to kick up production? Enlarge footprint in spare room or move to cottage? Use CO2 burner and get climate control with CO2 sensor? Want to spend little cash I have in best way. Summarized: need more lights, A/C, possibly better veg set up, maybe better co2 control and maybe be able to holiday for a week or 2 without hand watering with the 4 grand max I have to spend. Want to 2 stage every 2 months.

R

ReelBusy1

Vent outside the room with some real inline fan power and ducting..
a/c but keep the hot power part outside the room.
Is this a grow tent in a room or a build out in a basement, attic or extra bedroom type?

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Thanks reel. I currently have walled off section in corner of spare room. I didn't mention cottage in backyard has separate central H/A. Could I save $ and wall off section of cottage and utilize central air? If so should I wall around the return vent and duct into room and mount thermostat inside room? Would walling around the return keep air the same and not remove co2? I would block off other vents in cottage.

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

Saying all that, if I saved on a/c by using central in cottage should I expand room and add lights or use extra $ to enhance other aspect of room?

Top Bottom