Re-using Coco Coir

• Thread starter justiceman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

So i here that people re-use there Coco Coir. do you guys just sift out the roots? Wouldn't that be quite time consuming, and is it even possible to get all the roots? whats your secret to cleaning the coir?

G

GroHi

My secret is to throw it out in plastic bags... just not at my house!

I just don't get reusing it for 3 years w it's so cheap...?

L

lurch

good point grohi. also id think youd have 2 flush the piss outta it. at least i would just so i could sleep well at night.

B

BUDOGHI

I throw mine on the compost pile where heavy rain leaches. After a year or so it becomes very soil like and is added into my outdoor grow beds.

H

heyyouknowme

I'd just toss it in the flower beds or in the garden or use it for mulch, like somebody else said, stuff is so cheap. it's easier just to toss it and buy another bag or brick

G

GDS StonerBoy

i have a bin with holes in the bottom. I throw it in there and fill the bin with water 2 or 3 times and let it drain. Let it dry a bit and use it again. Never any problems. Although after a couple of uses i buy new stuff but buying new coir isnt needed.

G

GreenSociety

Use some sort of enzyme product if you want to reuse. The process takes a bit but definitly works. The Canna company has a better explanation check out their website.

Latest posts

Top Bottom