re-vedg question: how reliable is it?

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

I have six varieties of weed in my greenhouse at the moment. Three that I have been growing for a year and three from seed.
I wish to keep these going and be set up for next summer by keeping an example of each in my basement for re-vedg then clone in February in preparation for putting them outside next May to flower.
If I select the best example of each variety and leave some greenery on it at harvest, will they reliably grow out again under 18/6 florescence?
Any advise on improving re-vedg success would be appreciated.

M

Mercenary

I suggest when you harvest you leave as many fan leaves on as possible. Also tward the bottom of the plant leave on 1-4 tiny worthless buds to regenerate.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dunge, I've tried this every year since I got my first good genetics, and I have failed miserably at it. Where I do see success is with taking cuttings, even very late in flowering, and getting those going.

My advice is the following:
Don't put all your eggs in one basket; i.e. take cuts AND try the re-veg.
Take cuttings from as low down on the plants as possible (hopefully you've left a bunch of lowers that are perfect for this).​

F

FarmerChuckles

Seamaiden is right there a bitch they usually mutate..

You can try gibberlic acid as a foliar spray 30ppm's and this will fix there hormones. there confussed Am I in flower or veg..
ga-3 will correct this confussion..

convex

convex

I have had the best success under 24 hr light.

I usually omit the final flush, cut back to minimal bud and leaf at the lower most portion of the plant, the greener the better.

Will take anywhere from a week to a month to start to throw new shoots.

As soon as I have shoots big enough to cut I clone and dispose of the doner plant.
Cuts may display a whorled growth but will grow out of it (most strains) under 24 hr light.

The bluer the spectrum the better, I used to use Actinic HO flouro's to help them over the funky growth.

Cheers

waayne

waayne

I usually omit the final flush, cut back to minimal bud and leaf at the lower most portion of the plant, the greener the better.

As soon as I have shoots big enough to cut I clone and dispose of the doner plant.
Cuts may display a whorled growth but will grow out of it (most strains) under 24 hr light.

The bluer the spectrum the better, I used to use Actinic HO flouro's to help them over the funky growth.

Cheers

+1>>> convex is right on point about his technique
I've also had better luck revegging sativa dominates and hybrids
Some Indica dominates will reveg and some won't....
I had a Kush strain that after 4 months of 24 hour Metal Halide light could only manage to put out a few 1 blade leaves and had virtually no vigor.
Good Luck!

Rushoe

Rushoe

Yes they will re veg under 18 6 I have some chem ds going right now that where taken off a mother that was 10 days into flower. The clones started to grow thc and everything for a week or two then it went away and stated shooting out 3 bladed leafs very large and sharp like it was about one month into veg did I start to see normal growth it does slow them down in the veg process in my experience. But if u can avoid doing that even better I won't take cutting in flower no more unless I have to...Also the growth from re vegging give u some weak stems at 1st at least for me they do.

Dunge

Dunge

It just so happens that I have some gibberilic acid. I will remember this when the time comes. It also sounds like a good idea to take some cuttings as well.

convex

convex

To clarify, I find more success in getting clones from the reveg and growing them into mothers than trying to perpetuate the reveg'd plant.

Cheers

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Cheers
Seriously, you use actinics? I have a pair cabbaged from a reef tank (along with a 175W MH that marries to NOTHING I have rigged for lighting plants), been thinking and thinking about what I might do with them because they're not really good for planted tanks, they were designed specifically for reef and I'm not going to do that again. Very interesting.

What amuses me is that actinics are finely tuned to that 420nm range. And they make things such a pretty blue.

If I have a gal I want to try to reveg, I'm going to try your technique. The previous attempts have all been under cool white or daylight fluoros, just a few at lower lighting levels, set at 24/0 photoperiod. Every time the plant gave up the ghost on me, but the cuts I took from them always rooted. Frustrating, I SHOULD be able to get them revegged!

Waayne, those are the little tidbits I practically live for. I think you've helped me grasp a concept or two. Thanks!

W

whtrshn

soright

Dunge, I've tried this every year since I got my first good genetics, and I have failed miserably at it. Where I do see success is with taking cuttings, even very late in flowering, and getting those going.

My advice is the following:
Don't put all your eggs in one basket; i.e. take cuts AND try the re-veg.
Take cuttings from as low down on the plants as possible (hopefully you've left a bunch of lowers that are perfect for this).​

I had a fire og clone that didn't get enough light and was really lanky but healthy. It was about 3 feet tall ready for flower, I decided it was best NOT to flower so I took as many clones as possible and left a stump with ONLY one set of leaves, my gosh this came back SO WELLLLL. It is now being made into a mother plant as I have about six stalks coming from the original main stump.

Funny this was just an experiment so yes it WILL WORK

convex

convex

Seriously, you use actinics? I have a pair cabbaged from a reef tank (along with a 175W MH that marries to NOTHING I have rigged for lighting plants), been thinking and thinking about what I might do with them because they're not really good for planted tanks, they were designed specifically for reef and I'm not going to do that again. Very interesting.

What amuses me is that actinics are finely tuned to that 420nm range. And they make things such a pretty blue.

If I have a gal I want to try to reveg, I'm going to try your technique. The previous attempts have all been under cool white or daylight fluoros, just a few at lower lighting levels, set at 24/0 photoperiod. Every time the plant gave up the ghost on me, but the cuts I took from them always rooted. Frustrating, I SHOULD be able to get them revegged!

Waayne, those are the little tidbits I practically live for. I think you've helped me grasp a concept or two. Thanks!

I too, used to run a reef tank.
After years of killing beautiful coral selections, guilt took over and I broke it down.

Mine is a re-purposed Orbit hood, 2 x 96Watt HO power compact.
These things do very well in veg, nice tight early growth.
Found the actinics particularly helpful when trying to nurse blue strains through the ever famous seedling mutations.

As the bulbs are so damned expensive I know reserve it for whorled/mutated growth and now use 36" 30watt t-8's for early veg and cuttings.

I prefer the 36" over 48" for intensity - many of the 48" tubes are now only running 32 watts spread over 4 feet, I would rather concentrate that wattage over 3 feet.

Cheers

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

So if I reveg a plant and successfully take clones off her will she lose potency and dankness (for lack of a better word).

Top Bottom