Re Veg Timing. I hate blue cheese.

• Thread starter RogerMagee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RogerMagee

So I hit re veg a few weeks and it set my blue cheese back. My tent isn't the best but it's only blue cheese that always busts my chops. So I'm on week 13 of flower, the plant is a disaster and will be a nightmare to trim. I'm pushing it and monitoring it for any sign of hermi, monitoring the growth and trichome development (clear, some opaque, and very little amber). Everything has been running ugly, set back, but still rather smokable. Today I'm noticing some bracts/calyxes in the lower section are opening up with brown pistils, like they are dead. I've read that bracts/calyxes can turn brown with re veg. Is this a sign that the plant is now done flowering and needs to come down, or should I keep pushing it. I know ultimately it's up to myself, but some shared knowledge would be fantastic.

william76

william76

I'd kill it and look for a different cultivar to run instead.if it's always a problem,there's many better strains around.76

R

RogerMagee

I'd kill it and look for a different cultivar to run instead.if it's always a problem,there's many better strains around.76
Cheers. Man I'm trying to score blue cheese the last 20 years or so. I decided to just try grow it myself, several times, from different sources, and it still evades me. This is personal at this stage lol. I've a clone there so I'll have to give it another try. After that I'll give up on the dream.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Cheers. Man I'm trying to score blue cheese the last 20 years or so. I decided to just try grow it myself, several times, from different sources, and it still evades me. This is personal at this stage lol. I've a clone there so I'll have to give it another try. After that I'll give up on the dream.

I just grew out some 8 year old BC. Can barely smoke the stuff it knocks me out.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Is blue cheese blueberry x sk#1?

PK1

PK1

Supporter
is it barneys farm blue cheese? i'm currently growing one from Barneys farm and the only issue i got was a defeciency

R

RogerMagee

is it barneys farm blue cheese? i'm currently growing one from Barneys farm and the only issue i got was a defeciency
This one is Barney's, I tried Expert seeds prior all 8 all hermied. This one was running smoothly till I seen a late stretch and found a small light leak. I can only blame myself for that, it's just frustrating how sensitive it is. I've grown quite a few strains next to the blue cheeses over the years, I've even grown other blues, and other cheeses, and all were perfect.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

I found it was a joy to grow. Perhaps the genetics has changed over the last couple of years? I was growing Barney's as well.

Reactions: PK1
R

RogerMagee

I found it was a joy to grow. Perhaps the genetics has changed over the last couple of years? I was growing Barney's as well.
A I wouldn't shit on Barney's, I was delighted with the plant till an error on my end messed it up. I've more seeds from Barney's, and I'll monitor a clone in a new tent. The stitching seemed to sag a little on the old one and there's the tiniest of pin holes. I also had to shift the light schedule, but that only meant a few more dark hours. I'm confident that didn't cause it to re veg.

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

So I hit re veg a few weeks and it set my blue cheese back. My tent isn't the best but it's only blue cheese that always busts my chops. So I'm on week 13 of flower, the plant is a disaster and will be a nightmare to trim. I'm pushing it and monitoring it for any sign of hermi, monitoring the growth and trichome development (clear, some opaque, and very little amber). Everything has been running ugly, set back, but still rather smokable. Today I'm noticing some bracts/calyxes in the lower section are opening up with brown pistils, like they are dead. I've read that bracts/calyxes can turn brown with re veg. Is this a sign that the plant is now done flowering and needs to come down, or should I keep pushing it. I know ultimately it's up to myself, but some shared knowledge would be fantastic.
Some types of strains were being sold somewhere (I forget where) where the sellers warned customers that this was an exotic strain that took 13 weeks. But I think that was a sativa landrace. Which is the type of genetics from which you might expect a 13 week flower. But never the strain Blue Cheese. Which is an indica dominant, if I remember correctly. I've grown Blue Cheese twice. Love that stuff. Great to make hash because practically the entire plant frosted up. How are you going 13 weeks when I finished so much earlier? Doesn't that affect the terpene profile? My knowledge is that going that long generates a sleepy buzz. You kind of get that with BC anyways. I think consume that bud you're growing, take a big dose of melatonin and you'll probably sleep like the dead.

R

RogerMagee

Yep, I 100% did not feed them enough all throughout flower and they STILL produced. I loved the plant structure they had.
Imagine you had a 13 inch cola, like an arm, then the fist opened and turned into micro buds, breaking your heart in the process. 5 months I'm growing this monstrosity lol, it's a love hate relationship at this point

R

RogerMagee

Some types of strains were being sold somewhere (I forget where) where the sellers warned customers that this was an exotic strain that took 13 weeks. But I think that was a sativa landrace. Which is the type of genetics from which you might expect a 13 week flower. But never the strain Blue Cheese. Which is an indica dominant, if I remember correctly. I've grown Blue Cheese twice. Love that stuff. Great to make hash because practically the entire plant frosted up. How are you going 13 weeks when I finished so much earlier? Doesn't that affect the terpene profile? My knowledge is that going that long generates a sleepy buzz. You kind of get that with BC anyways. I think consume that bud you're growing, take a big dose of melatonin and you'll probably sleep like the dead.
The reveg set it back. To be honest looking at the plant and it's trichomes, it could go another 2, 3, even 4 weeks. It still has the same puppy breath smell as before it re vegged so the terps are good for now.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Imagine you had a 13 inch cola, like an arm, then the fist opened and turned into micro buds, breaking your heart in the process. 5 months I'm growing this monstrosity lol, it's a love hate relationship at this point

I just had two 18+ inch colas that I had to chop the tops off. Things happen :) def a love hate relationship for sure.

R

RogerMagee

lets see a picture
Sorry I wouldn't bang up pics, unfortunately even the pot industry is riddled with arseholes. I seen some guys on another forum steal geo info from pics and that put me right off posting. It's not paranoia, it's just some people are horrible bitter fucks and you don't even have to fall foul of them for them to try make you as miserable as them

Sharty1

Sharty1

I just grew out some 8 year old BC. Can barely smoke the stuff it knocks me out.
It’s my first time growing BC, have 4 plants going, been in flower 4 weeks. I selected this strain because it’s known to be potent. What do I have to look forward to or beware of in the coming weeks?

Sharty1

Sharty1

This one is Barney's, I tried Expert seeds prior all 8 all hermied. This one was running smoothly till I seen a late stretch and found a small light leak. I can only blame myself for that, it's just frustrating how sensitive it is. I've grown quite a few strains next to the blue cheeses over the years, I've even grown other blues, and other cheeses, and all were perfect.
Ok, that explains something for me. Checking my tent now!

Latest posts

Top Bottom