Re-Vegging Mother plants - trash or fix?

• Thread starter kumar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kumar

kumar

Hi Experts!

I could use your advice here. I have mother plants which seems they started to flower, due lamp failure. Very old MH Bulb, for my eyes seemed still working OK, but turned out not really. My bad. The stems in the top started to zig-zag heavily and and started producing small pistils. I took clones anyways, but those clones rooting time was longer and had less success rate. Those clones didn't grow as big as the previous ones, and the harvest was poor. Since then I changed the MH Bulb for a new and more powerful one, and trim those mothers heavily. Now waiting for the new shoots to appear. I would be happy to keep those mothers, since I like the strain. My questions are:
- Did I completely f#cked up those plants? Should I trash them and start new from seed?
- Are there any chance with the new bulb they will re-veg and they will be the same like before? I mean they will produce nice and strong vegetative stems for cuttings which will give me the exact same powerful clones as before?

Thank you very much

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Wish I could help. Maybe a bump to the top of the list will help a staff or more experienced member see this.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Noob question - how to do that? :)
I just did by posting a reply. 😇

Puts this thread to the top of the newest post list. Most forums don’t want the OP to do it but it’s okay for others to do it for you once in a while.

Moshmen

Moshmen

First just any response moves the thread to the top of new post,
If you really like the strain then NOT trash - like ya said everything just slowed down , may take awhile to look normal and grow healthy again ? But as long as she’s alive! Lol I’m currently in the process of cloning a flowering plant I lost the mom to- it’s growing but still throwing single leaves a month later ,but I’ll keep her rolling

kumar

kumar

I just did by posting a reply. 😇

Puts this thread to the top of the newest post list. Most forums don’t want the OP to do it but it’s okay for others to do it for you once in a while.
Ah okey, got that. Thanks!

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

Just give it time. Can take over a month. Will shoot out all kinds of wacky looking growth in the meantime, but will eventually get back to throwing properly fingered leaves. I wait until then to take fresh cuttings off and then usually toss the re-vegged plant. If you have the space and it’s a good strain, I would hang onto it. Can always offload it later if you get tired of it or she continues to be a pain in the ass

kumar

kumar

Just give it time. Can take over a month. Will shoot out all kinds of wacky looking growth in the meantime, but will eventually get back to throwing properly fingered leaves. I wait until then to take fresh cuttings off and then usually toss the re-vegged plant. If you have the space and it’s a good strain, I would hang onto it. Can always offload it later if you get tired of it or she continues to be a pain in the ass
All right, thanks. I didn't see any single leaves yet, so I'm curious what will happen with them. I hope I won't see any new pistils and the zig-zag thingie will disapear.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
All right, thanks. I didn't see any single leaves yet, so I'm curious what will happen with them. I hope I won't see any new pistils and the zig-zag thingie will disapear.
I'm not keeping mothers any longer, I flip the moms after I take cuttings off her, then raise her children for the 2 months while moms are flowering take more cuttings and flip the moms again to keep the cycle going. I've a few cuts of GG#4, Gelato, Gsc, & Ak47/Blackberry at about 6 weeks in age from 2 month old moms I'm just about to harvest. When my flower tent gets cleaned out I've a new batch ready to take cuttings from and flip. This saves me from keeping mothers alive to clone off.

A revegging Auto

Top Bottom