Ready for chop? First grow, little uncertain despite knowing about trichs.

• Thread starter NateGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NateGrows

NateGrows

Hey all!

Should I chop? Looking for a nice mix between generic and sedative (couch-lock) high. Plant is back right of canopy, she's been the fussiest one.

It's weird, it seems like there's an abundance of amber trich's at the top/spreading down caylx's, yet some places on the tops seem to have no amber's whatsoever. I don't know whether the amber in the pictures is mostly just refraction from the dark amber pistils. Very fustrating.

Also, doing a staggered harvest (chopping the top halves first and letting the rest ripen) - I have another plant under the same light so can't lower the light. Should I try to raise the rest of the plant (difficult with autopots and two Scrog nets), or just leave it be with pretty low DLI down that low.

Lastly, I fixed the taco-ing, they were fine up until last few days with the DLI so don't stress 🤣. VPD is perfect, autopots doing their job so sufficient nutrients/water available... Not sure why they're suddenly fussy about the light unless this is common in late flower.

Sorry for the essay and thank you for the help!(!!!!)

Ready for chop first grow little uncertain despite knowing about trichs
Ready for chop first grow little uncertain despite knowing about trichs 2
Ready for chop first grow little uncertain despite knowing about trichs 3
Ready for chop first grow little uncertain despite knowing about trichs 4
Ready for chop first grow little uncertain despite knowing about trichs 5
Ready for chop first grow little uncertain despite knowing about trichs 6
Ready for chop first grow little uncertain despite knowing about trichs 7
Ready for chop first grow little uncertain despite knowing about trichs 8
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i can see very few lite amber trichromes on some photos, so i'd say you can harvest anytime now or push them few weeks more for more amber.

NateGrows

NateGrows

i can see very few lite amber trichromes on some photos, so i'd say you can harvest anytime now or push them few weeks more for more amber.
Thank you! 🙌

I think I'll run her until Monday-Wednesday and check again, probably chop then.

Cheers mate!

G

GreenNotYellow

The Trichomes are so juicy, the time has come! However you can let them overgrow, that will make them more of a meds than of a good smoke, but if you're after the taste I'd say harvest now :)

NateGrows

NateGrows

The Trichomes are so juicy, the time has come! However you can let them overgrow, that will make them more of a meds than of a good smoke, but if you're after the taste I'd say harvest now :)
Think I'll let them go a little more amber just to make certain that I'm not harvesting early on any tops, I'll check day by day.

& yeah, just my luck; the smallest yielding plant has the densest trichomes! FFS lol.

Thanks for your time :)

G

GreenNotYellow

Think I'll let them go a little more amber just to make certain that I'm not harvesting early on any tops, I'll check day by day.

& yeah, just my luck; the smallest yielding plant has the densest trichomes! FFS lol.

Thanks for your time :)
You're welcome, man! Happened to me as well, I bought some seeds and the seller gave me a freebie, so the freebie grew twice as tall as the purchased one, haha :)

Top Bottom