READY? I think my trichomes are there but the bud isn't very DENSE!!!!

• Thread starter alpacino.com
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

alpacino.com

Day 69 of flowering super silver haze. I think the trichomes look good - definitely amber ones coming. And I want to preserve some sativa effects from SSH. BUT the buds aren't hard at all. Very squishy. Any advice out there? thanks!

I am planning to water today. trim leaves off today. then tonight put into darkness for 36hrs. Then chop and hang. Does this track?

Flower day 67   1
Close flower day 68   1
Plant day 68   1
Trichomes day 68   3
Trichomes day 68   2
Trichomes day 68   1
Trichomes day 68   7
Trichomes day 68   6
Trichomes day 68   5
Trichomes day 68   4
A

alpacino.com

Nice looking plant i do see amber. Some strains don't get rock hard doesn't mean it won't be good with a proper cure.
Cool - thanks! Yeah I think I’ll start the 36hrs darkness tonight and harvest on Sat (day 71)
Some places say SSH can go longer but I’m nervous. So thinking chopping in two days will hopefully preserve the more uplifting effects.

A

alpacino.com

I've read about dark periods before harvest but never tried it. I just harvested, I was going to try it but talked myself out of it.

Why do you say no darkness?
Yeah would love to hear the thoughts. I’ve heard doing it helps frost it up because it knows it’s almost over. As a final defense. IDK. This is my first time so Im still learning a ton.

leroygreen

leroygreen

Day 69 of flowering super silver haze. I think the trichomes look good - definitely amber ones coming. And I want to preserve some sativa effects from SSH. BUT the buds aren't hard at all. Very squishy. Any advice out there? thanks!

I am planning to water today. trim leaves off today. then tonight put into darkness for 36hrs. Then chop and hang. Does this track?
Yeah sativa heavier plants will tend to have airier buds than indicas

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

SSH flower time 73-83 days with 78 being the mean.

Definitely have grown a bud or two and I will say this , cannabis plants pack it on in the final weeks.

No body , no problem dispensary is down the street if there’s nothing left in the box from the last grows .

Patients is really needed when growing sativas.

Enjoy your grow.

Grower1974

Grower1974

Without PGR’s, not all buds get as dense as junk goat turd dispensary product.

Galgrows

Galgrows

Cool - thanks! Yeah I think I’ll start the 36hrs darkness tonight and harvest on Sat (day 71)
Some places say SSH can go longer but I’m nervous. So thinking chopping in two days will hopefully preserve the more uplifting effects.
I've never done that form of "bro science"

A

alpacino.com

SSH flower time 73-83 days with 78 being the mean.

Definitely have grown a bud or two and I will say this , cannabis plants pack it on in the final weeks.

No body , no problem dispensary is down the street if there’s nothing left in the box from the last grows .

Patients is really needed when growing sativas.

Enjoy your grow.
Thanks! Maybe I’ll give it more time. I was told when you think it’s time to harvest wait a week.

V

ViolettaLiz

They look nice. I haven't heard of the darkness before harvest till now, so learning something new!

Sunasun

Sunasun

Yeah okay! Here are todays trichomes
Having trouble seeing what’s leaf or bud

Any thoughts?

View attachment 2168769
High temps, light stress, and insects can cause airy buds and prolong flowering times. Your plant is showing signs of suffering all thrice of the aforementioned stressors.
I see what looks like spider mites in a few of those pics along with some droppings.

H

HomeGrownOhio

Yes. Don't put them in darkness.
Agree! That's the most ridiculous thing to do after taking such care for so long. The opposite would do you better, in fact. Just chop them when you want to. Or at the end of the light cycle. All that care and boom! Total darkness for a day and a half? Nope. Bro science, nothing but.

Top Bottom