Ready to Flower? Pruning/Lollipoping

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighTolerance

Hello,

Do you guys think I am ready for flowering?

Also I have FIMMED the crap out of these. I have a lot of main colas per plant but I also have a lot of branching which will probably popcorn if i flower now.

Would it be better to just leave the main colas and prune the little, future popcorn, branches.

This turned out to be kind of like a screen of green without the screen.

BTW this is Himalayan Gold, Friend got these seeds six years ago via another friend from Holland. The only thing he had in mind when he bought these was super high yield, the potency of Himalayan Gold came as a plus. I have not grown this before but I have smoked the out plant from whom my Himalayan Gold Babies came from. Interestingly all the reports I read about HG's unique high were true. The onset was immediate, and the flavor was terrific. I am very excited to see what I can do with this indoor.

Ready to flower pruninglollipoping
Ready to flower pruninglollipoping 2
Ready to flower pruninglollipoping 3
Ready to flower pruninglollipoping 4
Ready to flower pruninglollipoping 5
Ready to flower pruninglollipoping 6
R

Rolln J

yes bro - I would for sure trim the stuff you know is gonna be popcorn - that energy will go to the remaining branches - you wont lose weight if you do this before you bloom and you will save time in trim not dealing with all the popcorn.

H

HighTolerance

yes bro - I would for sure trim the stuff you know is gonna be popcorn - that energy will go to the remaining branches - you wont lose weight if you do this before you bloom and you will save time in trim not dealing with all the popcorn.

Thanks. It took a lot longer to lollipop than i expected. I am doing 1 a day to so can sleep on it observe it and do each one better. here is the first one, i think i might have cut off too much.

DSC03843
DSC03844
DSC03845
DSC03846
DSC03854
H

HighTolerance

BTW do you guys see any light bleaching. in the pix.

G

GroHi

No bleaching that I can see from the pics... just some odd light reflection, I'm assuming...

I don't really top as never liked the side spread + now growing to reach 4' finished, so kinda want the stretch... You got a mini forest going on.

But, I do trim the crap out of the interior of the plants... basically any tip that doesn't receive direct light, as they will never have that & will be trapped in the interior & have lower air circulation, especially under your design.

I just see them as b-grade nugs that could potentially turn into mold factories... even if this didn't happen, I never liked getting them in my bags, so I don't put them in for others now. You might have a marginal decrease in total end crop, but the quality will be much nicer, imo.

I trim the heck out of them at xtion, then appx end week 2... big old stacks of branches, leaves & sprouting tips... all b-grade in the end. Many ways to skin a cat though. Peace brotha.

H

HighTolerance

No bleaching that I can see from the pics... just some odd light reflection, I'm assuming...

I don't really top as never liked the side spread + now growing to reach 4' finished, so kinda want the stretch... You got a mini forest going on.

But, I do trim the crap out of the interior of the plants... basically any tip that doesn't receive direct light, as they will never have that & will be trapped in the interior & have lower air circulation, especially under your design.

I just see them as b-grade nugs that could potentially turn into mold factories... even if this didn't happen, I never liked getting them in my bags, so I don't put them in for others now. You might have a marginal decrease in total end crop, but the quality will be much nicer, imo.

I trim the heck out of them at xtion, then appx end week 2... big old stacks of branches, leaves & sprouting tips... all b-grade in the end. Many ways to skin a cat though. Peace brotha.

Thanks mate. I will continue to trim. I will end up picking the the ones that are even height. I also have to keep my space in consideration, so I will probably trim the ones that are bending against the wall too much.

R

Rolln J

hell yeah looks good - you didnt trim too much - that shit will come back with a vengeance!

you can always trim them up again as long as you do it before 14 days in flower, but it is best to do it once, before you flower and give them a minute to recover - then turn them back.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Turning them , depends on strain , and time wise how anxious you are , lol
bigger the better my is my attitude
i super crop then i trim and lollipop when i flip um to 12/12, more energy go's to the worthy nuggies , unless i wana make oils, ill leave the scraggle nuggies on few plants

R

Rolln J

og will stretch 66-75% of the height shes at when you turn her back, if you let her, she responds well to supercrop!

I dont think I have topped a plant (on purpose) since about 91, lol

R

Rolln J

fim - Fuck I Missed - its a topping technique - popcorn is all the little buds below the light canopy because you didnt trim your shit up enough before you turned em back.

B

BBing925

I'm 2 weeks into flowering is it too late to use the lollipop technique?

H

HighTolerance

Interesting. I don't even remember making this thread, well since then I have been lollipopping the crap out of my plants.

I do a big session at the flip then some more touch up at 2 week mark. Depending on the strain, sometimes the lollipop session 2 weeks in ends up being a big one.

As RJ said a long time ago, all the growth comes back with vengeance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom