Ready to harvest? And opionion on set up

• Thread starter hydro8139
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hydro8139

hydro8139

Okay trichomes are about 10-20% amber but id say only 60-70% red hairs. My question is should I harvest... I know i know if you think its ready wait a week which I have but it's not far from where it was.. Plants are getting top heavy and leaning on each other... Also looking for opionions on my set up. DWC 9 plants per month on a cycle. What would help from them getting so wild I top them anf cut off all bottom 1/2 stems before throwing into bloomm. Ps the taller more wild strand is GSC which I'll probably get rid of
Ready to harvest and opionion on set up
Ready to harvest and opionion on set up 2
Ready to harvest and opionion on set up 3
Ready to harvest and opionion on set up 4
Ready to harvest and opionion on set up 5

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Okay trichomes are about 10-20% amber but id say only 60-70% red hairs. My question is should I harvest... I know i know if you think its ready wait a week which I have but it's not far from where it was.. Plants are getting top heavy and leaning on each other... Also looking for opionions on my set up. DWC 9 plants per month on a cycle. What would help from them getting so wild I top them anf cut off all bottom 1/2 stems before throwing into bloomm. Ps the taller more wild strand is GSC which I'll probably get rid ofView attachment 957702View attachment 957703View attachment 957704View attachment 957705View attachment 957706
If they are still gaining weight, they are still growing. I'd wait personally.

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

I’d chop that bud in your last photo with all the foxtails. Let it dry a few days and give it a try. If you like the results take her down. Make sure the trichomes you are checking are on calyx and not leaves.

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

Setup looks hazardous, 9 dwc buckets.. size of the grow space? How do you move about in there? If I were you. I'd sling together a rdwc system for flower. So when they are ready during veg, you can just lift it and place it. I hate water changes in buckets. Pain in the ass. Other than that, when to chop depends on the high you're looking for.... There's a window people shoot for, then there's personal preference.

hydro8139

hydro8139

Setup looks hazardous, 9 dwc buckets.. size of the grow space? How do you move about in there? If I were you. I'd sling together a rdwc system for flower. So when they are ready during veg, you can just lift it and place it. I hate water changes in buckets. Pain in the ass. Other than that, when to chop depends on the high you're looking for.... There's a window people shoot for, then there's personal preference.

So this is a rdwc all buckets are tied into a reservoir which then pump through a chiller and a back to the back buckets... 9 buckets are formed in a 3ftx3ft area with a 1000 HPS light

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

So this is a rdwc all buckets are tied into a reservoir which then pump through a chiller and a back to the back buckets... 9 buckets are formed in a 3ftx3ft area with a 1000 HPS light

May I ask what the purpose of the grow is? Surely it's not personal because nobody would actively be excited to fuck with 9 buckets in a 3x3 area... I'm connected to a large network of great growers and never have I come across a hodgepodge of the sort. Many roads to Rome. I'm sure you can find yourself a better/less ridiculous way of accomplishing this task.
Back to the question. If you're unsure when to cut and you're running a perpetual cycle of the sort in the space detailed then holy shit.

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

I saw that too. My thoughts? CROWDED!

Plants like space. It's also easier to take care of them if you can get to them. Just my opinion. People do it, but I don't

There's no "taking care of plants" in that kind of space. Sad.

hydro8139

hydro8139

There's no "taking care of plants" in that kind of space. Sad.
Maybe you guys should suggest things instead of attack.. I'm newer to this and this is my 3rd cycle on this set up. Last one I got 3 lbs out of which I was haopy about but not happy about how crowded it was . if you guys think i can get the same result in an easier form in all ears id love the direct. All my buckets are tied together ALWAYS circulating I also habe 2 drain ports which make filling and draining easy. My end goal is to get the most amount of bud in the space

hydro8139

hydro8139

I also have a 10gal reservoir between the 2 sets of 9 gal buckets... Also let me add my room is not 3x3 just the area my plants are I have full access to 3 sides of the plants

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Maybe you guys should suggest things instead of attack.. I'm newer to this and this is my 3rd cycle on this set up. Last one I got 3 lbs out of which I was haopy about but not happy about how crowded it was . if you guys think i can get the same result in an easier form in all ears id love the direct. All my buckets are tied together ALWAYS circulating I also habe 2 drain ports which make filling and draining easy. My end goal is to get the most amount of bud in the space
If it came across as an attack, please accept my apology. It most certainly was not that. I would suggest no more than 4 plants in a 3 x 3, and that might be pushing it. They need space to grow and they don't like being crowded.

You can do it, but you would probably get more yield out of fewer plants that are bushy

hydro8139

hydro8139

If it came across as an attack, please accept my apology. It most certainly was not that. I would suggest no more than 4 plants in a 3 x 3, and that might be pushing it. They need space to grow and they don't like being crowded.

You can do it, but you would probably get more yield out of fewer plants that are bushy
I'll do that on the next batch a little late on this new one. But I'll do 4 and see what we get I would 100% rather deal with 4 plants than 9 lol.. I just took the space and tried to get the most... I do too and lollipop them before I send them over to flower if that makes a difference?? About the bottom 50-% of the plant I take off a week before send over

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Si, 3x3 is like 1-2 adult plants space. I've got 2 in a 2x2, male and female and they are beyond cramped and it's just a PVC frame within a greenhouse.

As most of us have learned growing is a gateway drug and one always needs more.

Since you produced a nice bounty you're doing a lot right. It's difficult to grow in overcrowded conditions.

Thin it out a bit or better build a larger grow room!

MHOGSMI

MHOGSMI

I was just happy with the amount lmao
I was being sarcastic. My initial reaction to walking into a grow that looks like hell tells me there's no real love or passion for horticulture or marijuana. My next intial reaction is, if the grow looks like fuckin disaster, the rest of the process is probably rushed and treated the same. If you're in it purely for the money. What's it matter what we think of your setup or if your plants are "ready to harvest". If you cared about your craft, your setup would speak it for you.

Top Bottom