Ready to harvest? Fast strain 6 weeks

• Thread starter Kl420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kl420

Kl420

Hello friends, family does this look ready to harvest? I don't have a proper zoom lens so photo quality is bad. If you can see something interesting please let me know, some patterns you have experience with.

Ready to harvest fast strain 6 weeks
Ready to harvest fast strain 6 weeks 2
Ready to harvest fast strain 6 weeks 3
Ready to harvest fast strain 6 weeks 4
Ready to harvest fast strain 6 weeks 5
Ready to harvest fast strain 6 weeks 6
Kl420

Kl420

A sign to start inspecting those plants for pest, specifically spider mites. You are in flower so I would consider predatory mites if you do have an issue.

Do you have a loupe to check the underside of the leaves?
No I don't have a loupe. Now it's night here, I'll check for signs in the underside of the leaves in the morning. Feeling stressed already

FourPlants

FourPlants

No I don't have a loupe. Now it's night here, I'll check for signs in the underside of the leaves in the morning. Feeling stressed already
Don't let it stress you. It isn't anything you can't handle with some advice from the farm. Growing is supposed to be relaxing, fun, and ultimately rewarding.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I saw the web thread too......It's possible to see spider mites with the naked eye, you need good light and a little patience. You will see these litte dots actually moving. But you can definitely see them with a regular magnifying glass. I hope you don't have them. Most regular spiders don't tend to make webs on maturing buds.

And yes, there are some solutions, at least ways to check them, the good news being that you're not far from harvest so you just need to get across the finish line.

If it is spider mites, after you harvest, do a thorough cleaning, disinfecting......everything. Then adjust things to prevent it from happening again. That means no contamination, bring nothing outside to the inside. Change your clothes, shoes....

Last edited:
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I'm going to share a true story ... this involves WPM and not spidermites. It also underscores the need to take these sanitary SOP's seriously. I had outdoor plants. I started indoor plants. For over a month I followed proper sanitary protocol ... washing up, changing shoes/clothes before entering the inside grow area. I had a senior moment one day after clearing out the rest of my already harvested outdoor plants. I forgot to wash up and transferred the WPM indoors. To get rid of it took a complete shutdown of the indoor grow. Pitching the infected plants and starting over after a complete cleaning and sanitation routine.

Please don't be the one to repeat my mistake. You can use chemical insecticides on surfaces around the perimeter of your tent. Just don't use the chemicals on live plants.
For me it was my 2nd closet grow ever.....1988. I had already tried using this "Phototron" thing, a self-contained unit that looked like a 3ft tall lantern. I placed it in the back bedroom of our apartment....They promised "perpetual buds". It had many verticle flourescent tubes and reflectors so the plants inside, which you had to basically bonsai, would be surrounded with light. With all of this the plants inside would produce "endless" little buds that filled the unit.

It was more of a gimmick than reality. The plants would stretch too much, there was no actual drainage, not enough actual light energy.......what it was good for was as a seedling starter. I quickly abandoned using the Phototron by itself and bought a 400w metal halide that I hung in a 4' x 3' closet in the same bedroom with the phototron now outside the closet to grow seedlings to rotate in. The first grow went great.

Something looked a little weird about the plants during the 2nd grow. They looked unhealthy, the leaves started looking bad, dried out.......I was already reading High Times magazine and the classic grow books. But I never expected this. I looked in real close......webbing! What the......I look even closer......dots......moving!! I was really taken aback because this was a closet in a bedroom in a New York City brick apartment building, 10 floors up...how the hell did this happen?? Did they crawl up the side of the building? Probably not. Something I brought in, probably soil, not that it couldn't be other things.....

Now I caught up with my learning about spider mites. Of all the things I was learning, learning about what could go wrong.....I never thought it would be spider mites. Needless to say I looked into solutions. I tried some diluted spray, sprayed the heck out of them......more than once. Each time, a few days later.......spider mites. The only real solution was to cut everything down, clean, sanitize, and start over. I made sure I never had spider mites again.

Kl420

Kl420

On a positive note I found the culprit for the Web, it was a casual daddy. Long legs. But I noticed one plant's sugar leaves have turned a little yellow and generally the whole plant seems a bit yellow

20230522 140733
Richju2175

Richju2175

I'm going to share a true story ... this involves WPM and not spidermites. It also underscores the need to take these sanitary SOP's seriously. I had outdoor plants. I started indoor plants. For over a month I followed proper sanitary protocol ... washing up, changing shoes/clothes before entering the inside grow area. I had a senior moment one day after clearing out the rest of my already harvested outdoor plants. I forgot to wash up and transferred the WPM indoors. To get rid of it took a complete shutdown of the indoor grow. Pitching the infected plants and starting over after a complete cleaning and sanitation routine.

Please don't be the one to repeat my mistake. You can use chemical insecticides on surfaces around the perimeter of your tent. Just don't use the chemicals on live plants.
Good advice. Can you provide the chemical insecticide your speaking of please.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter

I have 100% done this messing with my cucumbers and tomatoes in the garden, went inside in a dumb moment to water the girls before a shower and boom, whole tent infected, it happens quick

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I'm sorry, but its not the culprit. Daddy long legs don't make silk or spin webs. Keep looking!
Yep, this is true.......can you get a good, well-lit picture of one of the damaged/yellow leaves?

Until you do get a Jewelers loup (if you even want one), a decent magnifying glass will work well. You can find them at places like Staples, I picked one up with a light on it at one of those Automotive parts stores.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I'm not seeing the little white spots on the leaves that are characteristic of spider mites. Pictures of ordinary fan leaves would be helpful.

I dealt with an infestation of spider mites last summer. It was my first indoor crop. It didn't go well but I learned a lot. They like a hot and dry climate. I learned the hard way that they reproduce quickly and can evolve to become resistant to chemicals like hydrogen peroxide. I would cut off a leaf and look at the bottom with a microscope, and could see how they changed as I tried to get rid of them. I eventually moved my growing to a different room.

Top Bottom