Ready to harvest or not? Are these trichomes ready?

• Thread starter Farmerjohn1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Farmerjohn1

So I am on day 62 of flowering for my 2 indoor DWC plants. One is gorilla glue fem and the other is blue dream fem. I can't be sure if the trichomes are ready or not so was hoping someone with some experience could help! The bottom bud sites on the plants matured a lot slower than the top but I've added a bottom light and they're evening out! I really don't want a strong amber trichome high where i'll be tired. I'll post pics below!

- GORILLA GLUE TOP BUD SITES

Gorilla top

Gorilla top 2
Gorilla top 3

GORILLA GLUE BOTTOM BUD SITES

Gorilla bottom
Gorila bottom

BLUE DREAM TOP BUD SITES

Blue dream top
Blue dream top 2
Blue dream topn 3

BLUE DREAM MIDDLE BUD SITES

Blue dream mid
Blue dream mid 2

R

Robert23howard

So I am on day 62 of flowering for my 2 indoor DWC plants. One is gorilla glue fem and the other is blue dream fem. I can't be sure if the trichomes are ready or not so was hoping someone with some experience could help! The bottom bud sites on the plants matured a lot slower than the top but I've added a bottom light and they're evening out! I really don't want a strong amber trichome high where i'll be tired. I'll post pics below!

View attachment 2085340
View attachment 2085341View attachment 2085342

View attachment 2085343View attachment 2085344

BLUE DREAM TOP BUD SITES

View attachment 2085345View attachment 2085346View attachment 2085347

View attachment 2085348View attachment 2085349
They are not even close from what I can see. I have attached a picture below. This is pretty spot on. Hope this helps! Plants look fantastic!

IMG 0922
Zenthanol

Zenthanol

I concur with Robert23howard, your trichs look at most 5% amber, probably another 7-10 days to go. You may want to start sampling buds (low power drying in microwave every couple days) as you get closer to the finish. . .

3cats

3cats

View attachment 2085340
View attachment 2085341View attachment 2085342

View attachment 2085343View attachment 2085344

BLUE DREAM TOP BUD SITES

View attachment 2085345View attachment 2085346View attachment 2085347

View attachment 2085348View attachment 2085349
Way too many clear trichs , and very few cloudy, you're still weeks away. Early weed gets me jittery like too much coffee and it'll dry to fluff. Let the mature to get good solid buds. None of mine go less than 10 weeks, some 12 a guy the other day said his sativa's can go 16 weeks. fk that 12's long enough for me

F

Farmerjohn1

I concur with Robert23howard, your trichs look at most 5% amber, probably another 7-10 days to go. You may want to start sampling buds (low power drying in microwave every couple days) as you get closer to the finish. . .
sweet thank you! It's hard to judge my mind plays tricks on me if its clear or cloudy so another set of eyes help lol. I'm hoping to chop down in another 12 days max.

F

Farmerjohn1

They are not even close from what I can see. I have attached a picture below. This is pretty spot on. Hope this helps! Plants look fantastic!
awesome thanks!! I'm going to just check on them every other day and see how they develop. I felt like they turned into frost overnight lol. I have 12 days until i have to go out of town for the holidays. It will have been in flower for almost 11 weeks at that point, instead of having a baby sitter come watch it do you think i could cut the light down to 10-11 hours on to speed it up? or not worth it?

F

Farmerjohn1

Way too many clear trichs , and very few cloudy, you're still weeks away. Early weed gets me jittery like too much coffee and it'll dry to fluff. Let the mature to get good solid buds. None of mine go less than 10 weeks, some 12 a guy the other day said his sativa's can go 16 weeks. fk that 12's long enough for me
Thanks for the response! yeah I just didnt want to wait too long or too early lol. first grow so feeling the process out, i'm going to keep letting them ride!

R

Robert23howard

awesome thanks!! I'm going to just check on them every other day and see how they develop. I felt like they turned into frost overnight lol. I have 12 days until i have to go out of town for the holidays. It will have been in flower for almost 11 weeks at that point, instead of having a baby sitter come watch it do you think i could cut the light down to 10-11 hours on to speed it up? or not worth it?
You’re so welcome. My experience with any manipulation in flower usually doesn’t go right in the end. I would let Mother Nature run her course and harvest close to my desired preference as possible. So you can truly make that decision in 10 days from now. Trust me that it is worth letting the flower mature to her fullest potential. You can take it a little early or a little late but never way to soon or to late. You have a week or so to play with usually.

R

Robert23howard

You’re so welcome. My experience with any manipulation in flower usually doesn’t go right in the end. I would let Mother Nature run her course and harvest close to my desired preference as possible. So you can truly make that decision in 10 days from now. Trust me that it is worth letting the flower mature to her fullest potential. You can take it a little early or a little late but never way to soon or to late. You have a week or so to play with usually.
Then the fun begins! A nice slow controlled dry and cure.

F

Farmerjohn1

Then the fun begins! A nice slow controlled dry and cure.
Appreciate it all so much man! Yeah that info helps a lot, I was nervous if I missed it by a day or two it would be ruined so that helps calm my nerves lol.

Yeah I plan on doing a wet trim and then burping them forever lol I've saw so many different times for how long to burp weeks wise and Im not sure which is best im going to do some more research. I came across these grove bags in use with boveda? I have to do a lot more reading into it first

R

Robert23howard

Appreciate it all so much man! Yeah that info helps a lot, I was nervous if I missed it by a day or two it would be ruined so that helps calm my nerves lol.

Yeah I plan on doing a wet trim and then burping them forever lol I've saw so many different times for how long to burp weeks wise and Im not sure which is best im going to do some more research. I came across these grove bags in use with boveda? I have to do a lot more reading into it first
Many different methods to choose from on that end and all have fine results. Whichever one works best for you is the way to go.

Once my harvest is finally dry and properly trimmed I go straight into canning jars and burp them with no Boveda. I truly don’t use Bovedas a bunch as my weed usually sits around 60-63% humidity in the jars. I do have several jars in my stash that currently have Boveda’s in them right now and the smoke is amazing. Definite user of them and they absolutely work fantastic. I use them whenever I open a jar and the flower starts drying out some. I burp every day for the first month of jarring and then several times a week after that for up to two or three months.

F

Farmerjohn1

Many different methods to choose from on that end and all have fine results. Whichever one works best for you is the way to go.

Once my harvest is finally dry and properly trimmed I go straight into canning jars and burp them with no Boveda. I truly don’t use Bovedas a bunch as my weed usually sits around 60-63% humidity in the jars. I do have several jars in my stash that currently have Boveda’s in them right now and the smoke is amazing. Definite user of them and they absolutely work fantastic. I use them whenever I open a jar and the flower starts drying out some. I burp every day for the first month of jarring and then several times a week after that for up to two or three months.
awesome! thanks for the info I may go that route

Top Bottom