• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bigrick31

Bigrick31

I just set up an ebb and flow system using a mortar mixing tub

14 gal tote as the reservoir

and 20 5x5x7 square pots

for my medium I am using Botanicares readygro aeration mix

I was planning on flooding my tub for about 1 min 3 times a day (it takes my 400gph about 1 min to completely empty my reservoir into the tub) Ive flooded the tub twice now and I am noticing that the top 3" of my readygro is still dry and dusty are you supposed to flood your table for longer than 1 min? Or are you supposed to top feed your medium to initially get it wet or something? Ive seen other people to an ebb and flo style grow using coco but I hanvt heard of anyone having an issue with the coco not wicking properly (or maybe im not doing something the proper way?) Your help would be greatly appretiated:joint:

Bigrick31

Bigrick31

Ok so I upgraded my 14 gal rez to an 18 gal rez and also lowered my overflow so that water recirculates constantly while the pump is running allowing me to maintain a constant water level inside the tub and let my pump run for 5 min without running dry. I set it up yesterday to run for 5 min 1hour after light on and then the pumps run 5 hours after that and one last time in another 5 hour (all for 5 min) before lights off. Then the plants get no water lights off. I just went and checked on the plants this morning and the tops of all of my containers are moist now (not soaking wet but moist) so i think ive got it dialed in now unless anyone has any other recommendations for me.

Reactions: Odo
Odo

Odo

cool i got the same thing going on my self what nutes are you running

Top Bottom