Really need some info on this strain

• Thread starter gardenganster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gardenganster

gardenganster

I recently acquired a cutting of a strain called "The Genius" or maybe "Genius". After the first harvest I know why it was named that. It had an incredible lemon-citrus aroma, decent yield and amazing potency level. I came by the clone on accident and don't have any info available to me as far as lineage, optimal growing conditions, normal/average yields.

I found a site on the web that states and I quote "The Brothers Grimm (pioneer cannabis breeders) found some seeds in a bag of Jack Herer bud while visiting an AmDam coffeshop. They took the seeds home with them and grew them. The famous Genius strain and the even more famous Cinderella 99 were the results....".

I also found a reference to “The Genius” in a High Times article written by legendary cannabis breeder Subcool. Who said he wished he still had his Genius mother plant and later went on to say it was one of his favorite strains which he later used to create
“Apollo 11”.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to the Jack Herer bag seed statement? Or perhaps has or knows where to find out more on this truly astonishing strain?

J

JCashman

found this for ya on another site, but im not sure if we are allowed to link other canna sites.

Apollo11 Genius Pheno - Indoor -

Apollo 11 f2 collected from a Genius Phenotype Mother.This batch of beans were collected from a A-11 Genius phenotype the only one of 35+ Apollo f1s girls grown out. This batch of beans are currently being tested by many people and have been returning some positive results. It will be interesting to see what the chances are of getting more Genius phenotypes from this batch but nothing can be promised . Three different A-11 phenotype males were used to pollinate this A-11 Genius phenotype female so chances of finding a keeper should be high. So for the people who seek the Genius traits of A-11 I feel these beans would be a very good starting block for there breeding /growing ventures. Either way Genius pheno or not you will be sure to have some great smoke and growing fun.

and also this from another site...
* Genius »»» Jack Herer
* Jack Herer
o »»» Haze x {Northern Lights #5 x Shiva Skunk}

o Northern Lights #5 x Shiva Skunk
+ Northern Lights #5
# USA, Kalifornien »»» Mostly Indica
+ Shiva Skunk
# Northern Lights 5 x Skunk #1 F-1 Hybrid F1
* »»» Northern Lights #5 x Skunk #1 F1
* Northern Lights #5 (specified above)
* Skunk #1

o Skunk #1
+ »»» Afghanistan x Mexico x Colombia
+ Afghanistan »»» Indica
+ Mexico »»» Sativa
+ Colombia »»» Sativa

o Haze
+ O Haze
# »»» Mexico x Colombia x Thailand x India
# Mexico »»» Sativa
# Colombia »»» Sativa
# Thailand »»» Sativa
# India »»» Sativa

hope that helps

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

You happened to stumble across a legendarily rare cut of Jack Herer.

"Genius is a female Jack Herer phenotype, developed by the Brother Grimm Seed Company, and used to create Apollo 11, Cinderella 99, and several others. The Brothers called it the 'Royal Line,' and these genetics are indeed top rate all around. The energetic, thought-provoking high that Genius provides makes her highly desirable, and fantastic breeding material. Her tangy lemon Pledge scent is also quite desirable.."

Reference:
King, J. (2007). Genius. In The Cannabible: 2. (1st ed.). (p. 49). Berkeley, California, U.S.A.: Ten Speed Press.

slausongardens

slausongardens

ya you got lucky there. thats a rare cut thats not really available.. heard nothing but great things and apollo 11 and c99 are amazing so i can only imagine..

good luck with it and treat it kindly

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

I am also interested to hear how you came about obtaining the Genius cut. If I am correct, even SubCool was looking for this cut!

homebrew420

homebrew420

Score for sure. W0w THEl Genius?! Haven't heard of anyone using this or even anyone having it for that matter.

Peace

slausongardens

slausongardens

very rare, i only know of cannacopia using it.. and all there females are super rare.

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

It was found as one of three seeds, along with Café Girl and Princess, in a batch of Jack Herer in Amsterdam by The Brothers Grimm. It is rare for a couple reasons. There were no other seeds of it, so it quickly became a clone-only strain. Also, it has a legendary effects profile. Coming from Jack Herer, you know it's good, but this cut is alongside with the best of the best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom