Really started good with a bit of help from you guys but know i need big help

• Thread starter Homegrownky77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Homegrownky77

So I can explain the whole story started out good had a little trouble with watering worked correct in that a pH is stayed the same steady at 6.8 growing in organic goat manure with worm castings and bone meal tested soil several times even after adding bone meal showed no phosphorus no potash surplus of nitrogen thus I put the bone meal on low nitrogen high phosphorus no potash got potash from the stove wood burning stove and put in got potash levels up nitrogen levels still Surplus but phosphorus having a hard time getting phosphorus levels up as of now plant leaves are thin look like they're getting thinner and from the bottom going up they're turning patchy yellow with the tips turning brown according to my light meter I have low light basil plant halfway through the plant is medium and top of plant is high have tried to train didn't do too bad first time I think but my plants are going away from me Getting Thinner and thinner and I'm stumped I can't be 100% sure what deficiency they're having I've looked at charts and everything but I can't really tell enclosed your pictures first picture is of little bitty black bugs second picture is of bottom leaves turning yellow and patchy third picture is of tips of leaves turning brown and Ford is just overall picture of the plant I believe you can see the thinness of the leaves through other pictures I am keeping the lighting at 12:12 pH at 6.8 watering only when meter says dry and I think this is a good meter because I stuck my finger in the ground and answer to and thought it was dry meter said wet and when I watered they will to the little bit so I go by the meter route temperature 72° ambient room temperature 72 to 78 I just don't know what to do how to fix them scared to do too much help help help

H

Homegrownky77

20231202 195125
20231202 195140
20231202 195211

20231202 200339
20231202 200325
20231202 195844
20231202 195816
20231202 195735
20231202 195001
20231202 195101

20231202 195529
20231202 195001
20231202 194823
20231202 194903
20231202 195455
20231202 195501
20231202 195529
20231202 195558
20231202 195844
20231202 195735
H

Homegrownky77

Today tips of plants look better I know I have a pest problem I tried a garlic tea don't know if that's going to help anybody has any links to any good products to get rid of them be appreciated main thing that I'm worried about now is the bottom leaves turning yellow and tips turning brown and overall thinness of the leaves on the whole plant I thought I had a phosphorus deficiency come to find out I just wasn't doing the test right seems as I got a surplus of phosphorus so I'm good on nitrogen and probably in the middle to low scale on potash any ideas what is causing the yellowing and tips turning brown is it a deficiency or are the pests causing it

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I'd like to see some pictures. I assume you are growing outdoors in pots or in the ground.
I see that you are trying an organic grow. Have you mixed your goat manure with worm castings into a nice dark garden soil?

City water, Well Water
Do you have a compost pile?

If you take 50% nice rich black garden soil. Mix in 25% fresh well composted kitchen scraps, Grass clippings leaves/ Finished compost.
25% worm castings and mix them together. 1/2 cup bone meal per cubic foot. Mix very well. This will work.

In nature goats poop on top of the soil. Living organisms eat and slowly over time breaks down the green matter. Goat poo is basically chewed un composted grass balls.

Your going to need to add microbes to your soil in order to break down the undigested green matter into a plant usable state.
That goes for the bone meal as well. You can dump in all the bone meal you like but if there is insouciant microbial life to break down the bone meal into a plant usable state it will not produce measurable amounts of Calcium. But under the correct conditions bone meal will slowly release all the calcium your plant needs for every stage of it's life.
If you need to add More calcium and Magnesium you can also add 40 grams of Dolomite lime without drastically changing soil P.H.
10 grams of Gypsum adds Calcium and Sulfur.

Check this out. Talk again soon.

H

Homegrownky77

This here is a plant growing right beside it it had gotten broke while it was young I dipped it in honey and put it back in the dirt and it wilted for about 3 days and then started standing back up and here you go it's growing and was doing good really shot up last couple weeks but now it is looking thin to the leaves and a little bit of yellowing at the bottom of it these next pictures of is of it what is causing the thin leaves

20231202 195529
20231202 195558
20231202 195501
20231202 195455
20231202 195125
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I just now got a look at your pictures. Very nice man. I will pop back later. I have to go do chores.

H

Homegrownky77

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I'd like to see some pictures. I assume you are growing outdoors in pots or in the ground.
I see that you are trying an organic grow. Have you mixed your goat manure with worm castings into a nice dark garden soil?

City water, Well Water
Do you have a compost pile?

If you take 50% nice rich black garden soil. Mix in 25% fresh well composted kitchen scraps, Grass clippings leaves/ Finished compost.
25% worm castings and mix them together. 1/2 cup bone meal per cubic foot. Mix very well. This will work.

In nature goats poop on top of the soil. Living organisms eat and slowly over time breaks down the green matter. Goat poo is basically chewed un composted grass balls.

Your going to need to add microbes to your soil in order to break down the undigested green matter into a plant usable state.
That goes for the bone meal as well. You can dump in all the bone meal you like but if there is insouciant microbial life to break down the bone meal into a plant usable state it will not produce measurable amounts of Calcium. But under the correct conditions bone meal will slowly release all the calcium your plant needs for every stage of it's life.
If you need to add More calcium and Magnesium you can also add 40 grams of Dolomite lime without drastically changing soil P.H.
10 grams of Gypsum adds Calcium and Sulfur.

Check this out. Talk again soon.
Well thank you lot of good information in there I am using goat manure that has been put in a pile and been composing for five or six years real good dark fluffy material I added worm castings and bone meal and I have been using nothing but bottled water mainly to keep my pH the same and it has stayed at 6.8 the whole entire time no fluctuation nothing else added to plants except I made a banana tea and a garlic tea to get rid of the pests I'm using an eight and a 10 gallon pot the healthier plant or the one with more Limbs and branches is in the 8 gallon pot and the more stringy thin looking plant is in the 10 gallon pot I do use my meter and it seems to work well so I'll text you 72 air temperature between 72 and 78 my lights are 24 in at least above the canopy using three 300 watt full spectrum lights El cheapo's from EL-BAYO PLENTY OF AIR MOVING AROUND 24-7

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
pest?? gnats, mites? what are they?
they are what’s probably causing the issues.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
You have spider mites

A heavy infestation at that as there is webbing ( below is your plant blown up )

The thinness of the leaves is a sativa trait and not a issue.

The bugs are

You can try predators

Info & predators that you can buy ( if you scroll down ) that will eat the spider mites & eggs

BEF26C64 CBF8 4EF9 B381 10EE28986A91
Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hello again. I actually posted before your pictures loaded. I was really expecting a bunch of 1/2 dead plants under a pine tree. Not these beautiful plants. I thought about asking if it was well stomped.
I'd consider this normal. Just a plant dropping an old leaf way down in the dark.
N

I was thinking Thrips. But the other guys believe you have a spider mite infestation. I'd suggest that you grab a 10 power glass and have a good look at what is on your plant. Then make up your mind as to how you want to deal with the infestation.

As your plants are well into flower. I'd suggest you strip her to the tip.
Not to get rid of the spider mites, but to prep her for flowering. Please watch this video.
Fast forward to 8 min. House clean her! This will eliminate all the fluffy bud on the stalks down under the canopy and your plant will grow just nice top cola for you. I prefer to take everything off the bottom 1/2 of the plant as it's in the dark. No light to collect. Then pinch off only the buds and leave as many leaves as I can on the top 1/2 of the plant. Leaves are light collectors. They feed the plant. When you are finished. Look at her down from the top. If a fan leaf is shading a bud sight. Cut off the leaf so light ripens the bud.
Phosphorus and Potassium.
Start with Crosby's Molasses from the grocery store.
Fancy Molasses

I warm up a glass of water quite hot. Add 1 tablespoon per gallon of water into hot water and mix well.
Dump into gallon water. Add 1 tablespoon of Alaska More Bloom 0-10-10 per gallon water mix well.
Alaska

This will give your microbe population a nice boost. The Molasses is full of good plant available nutrients.
And of course the More Bloom bumps up both Phosphorus and Potassium levels. I have used this with great results.
Anything over 60 ppm Phosphorus and your plant will produce great bud for you. You don't need to over due it
and risk a Nitrogen lockout issue. This is my flowering mix. I still feed my microbe population a little green juice until my plants are finished stretching.
Then cut back to only this for flowering. The plant will lighten up. Take on fall colors as they finish up and pack on the sugar in late stages.
Don't worry about this. No hay smell associated with all the dark green chlorophyll in the leaves. The bud should smell nice.

Hope this helps you bud.
Ron

Last edited:
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I was on my iPod earlier I’m not going to use that again when examining photos.

What I thought was webbing was a leaf behind the other it was hard to make out tbh.

I’m thinking @Imzzaudae might be right looking on this device I don’t see what I expect when looking for mite damage
I see a load of bug pop and what does look more like thrips.

You can still get predators to deal with them in fact this lot will eat both and more ;

Last edited:
Z

Zill

That’s pretty rich.

A bottle of morebloom contains about 10-11gms of PO4 and KCl. At $22/bottle those all important salts cost you about $11.00.

You can buy the dry salts and make it yourself for about $2.00/ gallon. Don’t buy someone else’s water.

H

Homegrownky77

Hello again. I actually posted before your pictures loaded. I was really expecting a bunch of 1/2 dead plants under a pine tree. Not these beautiful plants. I thought about asking if it was well stomped.
I'd consider this normal. Just a plant dropping an old leaf way down in the dark.
View attachment 2081907
I was thinking Thrips. But the other guys believe you have a spider mite infestation. I'd suggest that you grab a 10 power glass and have a good look at what is on your plant. Then make up your mind as to how you want to deal with the infestation.

As your plants are well into flower. I'd suggest you strip her to the tip.
Not to get rid of the spider mites, but to prep her for flowering. Please watch this video.
Fast forward to 8 min. House clean her! This will eliminate all the fluffy bud on the stalks down under the canopy and your plant will grow just nice top cola for you. I prefer to take everything off the bottom 1/2 of the plant as it's in the dark. No light to collect. Then pinch off only the buds and leave as many leaves as I can on the top 1/2 of the plant. Leaves are light collectors. They feed the plant. When you are finished. Look at her down from the top. If a fan leaf is shading a bud sight. Cut off the leaf so light ripens the bud.
Phosphorus and Potassium.
Start with Crosby's Molasses from the grocery store.
View attachment 2081908
I warm up a glass of water quite hot. Add 1 tablespoon per gallon of water into hot water and mix well.
Dump into gallon water. Add 1 tablespoon of Alaska More Bloom 0-10-10 per gallon water mix well.
View attachment 2081909
This will give your microbe population a nice boost. The Molasses is full of good plant available nutrients.
And of course the More Bloom bumps up both Phosphorus and Potassium levels. I have used this with great results.
Anything over 60 ppm Phosphorus and your plant will produce great bud for you. You don't need to over due it
and risk a Nitrogen lockout issue. This is my flowering mix. I still feed my microbe population a little green juice until my plants are finished stretching.
Then cut back to only this for flowering. The plant will lighten up. Take on fall colors as they finish up and pack on the sugar in late stages.
Don't worry about this. No hay smell associated with all the dark green chlorophyll in the leaves. The bud should smell nice.

Hope this helps you bud.
Ron

H

Homegrownky77

Thank you limited on what I can get my hands on I'm learning a lot this first grow hoping I can get to the end I got some 2-2-2 and bone meal I have added both not added bone meL in 2 or 3 weeks got mites got so e 🐞 lady's out of the barn oh and I got sorghum
20231206 013859

Z

Zill

It’s all good, Home.

With plants that enter flowering based on light or other environmental factors I’ve always kept the plants barely fertilized, no deficiency but not luxurious feeding. It’s easier to help the plant switch to flowering with 0-10-0. Less is a lot more.

Top Bottom