Realstyles 2nd White Power Led Grow

• Thread starter REALSTYLES
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Junk

Junk

REALSTYLES,, A tip of my hat to you on the homemade LEDs.. A construction thread would be the nuts..

They are everywhere. I'm not speaking for @REALSTYLES here, nor is this directed at you cocoJoe, he said he would put up a thread. You just happen to be the lucky one that posted it. He seems not to mind.

But I can see how it would be a exhausting for someone like him when people keep asking how to do it. I didn't know how to do it. I used Google, the search functions on sites, a few pm's, & about 3 hours of my brain to understand it. I believe, he himself, has several posts on his exact builds, where he got the parts etc. I know that @seaslug has some here. But there are many of them using the latest Cree 3590's

Knowledge sits behind a door. Do you want to be like a dog & wait to have someone open the door for you? Because at that point, you may as well chew your opposable thumbs off. (I'm being intentionally hyperbolic ;)

Search here, & Roll it Up, you will find everything you need. Then your questions will be more specific, easier for everyone to answer. Most of it is pretty straight forward. Where most people have issues is the wiring, but it's pretty simple to understand if you read about it.

Observe>discern>trial>error = learn. Big ups to RS for continuing to teach. Once I have the funds, I'm going to build a 1kw led & compare it to a 1kw hid.

But seriously, use the search, & you will be ahead of the game. When Realstyles starts talking about this, you are going to lose him if you don't at least have some knowledge about it. It's like me talking about a job I used to do for Verizon, no one would understand my job, unless they understood how phone/media lines/phone switches work. If you aren't pretty well acquainted with how it works, RS can sound like he is talking too fast. For him & the others like him, this has moved from cognitive thought, to wrote memory. He can do this in his sleep.

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

They are everywhere. I'm not speaking for @REALSTYLES here, nor is this directed at you cocoJoe, he said he would put up a thread. You just happen to be the lucky one that posted it. He seems not to mind.

But I can see how it would be a exhausting for someone like him when people keep asking how to do it. I didn't know how to do it. I used Google, the search functions on sites, a few pm's, & about 3 hours of my brain to understand it. I believe, he himself, has several posts on his exact builds, where he got the parts etc. I know that @seaslug has some here. But there are many of them using the latest Cree 3590's

Knowledge sits behind a door. Do you want to be like a dog & wait to have someone open the door for you? Because at that point, you may as well chew your opposable thumbs off. (I'm being intentionally hyperbolic ;)

Search here, & Roll it Up, you will find everything you need. Then your questions will be more specific, easier for everyone to answer. Most of it is pretty straight forward. Where most people have issues is the wiring, but it's pretty simple to understand if you read about it.

Observe>discern>trial>error = learn. Big ups to RS for continuing to teach. Once I have the funds, I'm going to build a 1kw led & compare it to a 1kw hid.

But seriously, use the search, & you will be ahead of the game. When Realstyles starts talking about this, you are going to lose him if you don't at least have some knowledge about it. It's like me talking about a job I used to do for Verizon, no one would understand my job, unless they understood how phone/media lines/phone switches work. If you aren't pretty well acquainted with how it works, RS can sound like he is talking too fast. For him & the others like him, this has moved from cognitive thought, to wrote memory. He can do this in his sleep.
Thanks JUNK I so agree. I was just gonna use revise what I wrote in my past DIY threads and put a little more explanation so it will be easier to understand.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

They say their warranty is three years, Is it still under warranty? There's a thread on here with the Mars rep maybe you can get him to honor the warranty then you can gift away to a newbie or Craigslist, or just smash them again XD

keiksweat

keiksweat

They say their warranty is three years, Is it still under warranty? There's a thread on here with the Mars rep maybe you can get him to honor the warranty then you can gift away to a newbie or Craigslist, or just smash them again XD
Warranty good for switching drivers through post for 12 moon,then you have to pay the shipping for the other 2 years.i so believe.will be fun too hear rs ask live on mars thread though.no goody English n rs short fuse.bravo...

Junk

Junk

Personally, I'd dismantle it & use it for parts. I looked inside mine there is some decent heat sinks (small though) decent wire connectors already made etc. The case is actually decent too, what I don't like about it is it restricts air flow from the cooling fans. The fans are also crap.

@REALSTYLES have you ever used the scythe typhoons? They are expensive, but the failure rate is extremely low. I never had one come back to me. I used them exclusively with liquid cooled computer builds because they are pretty quiet, & move a TON of air. I believe, they are still, by far, the strongest fans of that size you can get. You could practically cool your lights & have your room fan all in one.

At least check out the specs (they are heavier $) but they have a lot of air draw.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Personally, I'd dismantle it & use it for parts. I looked inside mine there is some decent heat sinks (small though) decent wire connectors already made etc. The case is actually decent too, what I don't like about it is it restricts air flow from the cooling fans. The fans are also crap.

@REALSTYLES have you ever used the scythe typhoons? They are expensive, but the failure rate is extremely low. I never had one come back to me. I used them exclusively with liquid cooled computer builds because they are pretty quiet, & move a TON of air. I believe, they are still, by far, the strongest fans of that size you can get. You could practically cool your lights & have your room fan all in one.

At least check out the specs (they are heavier $) but they have a lot of air draw.
I was thinking the same idea,stripping my two 450 reflector series panels n stuff em with heat sink,Cree cobs n fuk off fans on top.even if I cant get top panel on properly,better cooling..

Saerimmner

Saerimmner

I never saw the video unfortunately, despite being on 2 sites that RS is but in my head i kinda hope it was like...
Jack Nicholson

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

Late pics because I had my computer die after 7 years that I made so I just bought a new instead of making 1. I didn't want to spend $3000 making 1 lol. I just spent $999 on a super gaming unit lol here's pics from yesterday

Thin mint cookies
SAM 0965

3 Blue Dream and 1 Blue kripple
SAM 0966

2 weeks until harvest thin mint maybe sooner because it looks almost ready

DrFever

DrFever

the thin mint looks like shit the BD looks much better i am also waiting on the smash vid last time proved that the casing on the mars is one tough mofo lol
RS i suggest 25 pound sludge hammer lets see how how many times you need to slam it before its wrecked :) i bet after 2 times you plug it in and it will still work lol

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

the thin mint looks like shit the BD looks much better i am also waiting on the smash vid last time proved that the casing on the mars is one tough mofo lol
RS i suggest 25 pound sludge hammer lets see how how many times you need to slam it before its wrecked :) i bet after 2 times you plug it in and it will still work lol
They are almost done and they do look like shit but it's just the fans leaves due to the heat. It's 100f today where I live and Thin Mint doesn't like the heat. Also I have 1-2 weeks before harvest. 1 week for the TM and 2 weeks on the BD which can handle hi temps as you can see.

DrFever

DrFever

They are almost done and they do look like shit but it's just the fans leaves due to the heat. It's 100f today where I live and Thin Mint doesn't like the heat. Also I have 1-2 weeks before harvest. 1 week for the TM and 2 weeks on the BD which can handle hi temps as you can see.
all good RS not coming off as bad bud i think you pounded them a bit much also not needing as much nutrient but more water to nute ratio and i thought i saw a pic where you had a small AC unit that you were not using you getting lazy in your old age lol

Last edited:
REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

all good RS not coming off as bad bud i think you pounded them a bit much also not needing as much nutrient but more water to nute ratio and i thought i saw a pic where you had a small AC unit that you were not using you getting lazy in your old age lol
No just the circuit breaker keeps popping lol and I can't wait until winter so I can turn them up and show off lol

REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

Close up of the shitty looking Thin mint lol @DrFever

SAM 0976

SAM 0977

Like I said 7 days until harvest maybe 10 lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom