Reason for Immediate Flowering?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have noticed that many growers seem to go from seed sprouting to flowering almost immediately, without allowing for more than 2 weeks vegetative growth. Is this a way of growing or is it just misinformation that newer growers seem to pick up on? I veg grow for at least 8 weeks, but the plants I grow can top 7 ft indoors... is there a reason for having such a short or non-existent veg growth period? A lot of plants don't even hit alternate growth before being turned to 12/12.
Decades ago I remember something similar, where plants were sprouted at 24/0, then directly to 12/12 after a few days. The result was a single 5 or 6 inch bud, but it happened in a month or so... it was very fast turnaround. Not much yield, but a bunch of plants made up for it. Used quart sized containers. I thought this was the original Sea of Green method, but perhaps I misunderstood it. Any insight is appreciated!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have experimented with 2 month veg down to 12/12 from seed. I read when i started in rosenthals book that when they tested the thc of plants with longer veg times they had increasing thc with each longer vegged plant.

I cant really grow them more than 6 weeks for my low and small room but after experimenting with many plants i agree that a 12/12 plant cannot reach the potential of a fully mature vegged one.

I now make sure my cuttings come from mature plants too.

DazzDooDlz

DazzDooDlz

i too usually veg for 6-8 weeks, i tried autos this time Royal cookies and Royal gorilla. The cookie is now 7 weeks and just started to flower it has grown well under LST in the short window i had, i think its doing very well, the Gorilla on the other hand went into flower almost immediately i think week 3, and is now one stem with bud growth im dissapointed but looking at my next grow to fill the pot so hey every cloud{of smoke has a stoner under it} has a silverlining.lol
check out my grow journal for pics and advice is welcome.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
i too usually veg for 6-8 weeks, i tried autos this time Royal cookies and Royal gorilla. The cookie is now 7 weeks and just started to flower it has grown well under LST in the short window i had, i think its doing very well, the Gorilla on the other hand went into flower almost immediately i think week 3, and is now one stem with bud growth im dissapointed but looking at my next grow to fill the pot so hey every cloud{of smoke has a stoner under it} has a silverlining.lol
check out my grow journal for pics and advice is welcome.
I was referring mostly to photo plants, but you also make an interesting point. I couldn't see the sense ingrowing an auto like that, since it's going to happen anyhow, although I guess it doesn't make much difference if they don't get to veg. I'm not familiar with autos and wasn't sure if they would respond the same to 12/12 like a photo would, because of the different trigger of flowering. Hmmmmm

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was referring mostly to photo plants, but you also make an interesting point. I couldn't see the sense ingrowing an auto like that, since it's going to happen anyhow, although I guess it doesn't make much difference if they don't get to veg. I'm not familiar with autos and wasn't sure if they would respond the same to 12/12 like a photo would, because of the different trigger of flowering. Hmmmmm

Autos are not photosensitive. They begin flowering after maturity. When i grew a pack (and im sure they are all a bit different like any cannabis from seed) a couple flowered at 4-5 weeks from seed and some took longer and yielded higher.

I have read more than one test that said the best light cycle is 20/4. More light more yield. There was a grower on riu and rm3’s site that grew them 24hrs and got real nice results.

DazzDooDlz

DazzDooDlz

Autos are not photosensitive. They begin flowering after maturity. When i grew a pack (and im sure they are all a bit different like any cannabis from seed) a couple flowered at 4-5 weeks from seed and some took longer and yielded higher.

I have read more than one test that said the best light cycle is 20/4. More light more yield. There was a grower on riu and rm3’s site that grew them 24hrs and got real nice results.
Yeah this is 1st time in tried autos. I was very surprised at the speed it flipped jist 3weeks from seeding they are and always been on 24/7schedule which is what I read is best for high yeild in autos. I just saw the thread immediate flowering and it popped out.sorry for con fusion

Top Bottom