Reccomend me a dehumidifier.

• Thread starter Franklin P. Nug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Franklin P. Nug

Whats up dudes.

My basement is getting rank. I have an old dehumidifier running full bore now, but all it is doing is running up my bill. The area is roughly 20'x40'.

Keep your thumbs green and your eyes open.

F

Franklin P. Nug

Thanks, but that unit is WELL out of my budget. I was thinking of 2 bills max.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Thanks, but that unit is WELL out of my budget. I was thinking of 2 bills max.

A $200 unit from the hardware store won't do the job for a 20x40 area. Thats way too large, especially if you are growing down there and really need to pull some water out of the air. Also, those $200 hardware store dehueys run around 15 amps and will max out your breakers, cost you more in the long run in electricity, die after about a year, and only work properly when the temperature in your basement is above 68 degrees. You get what you pay for, I know the Santa Fes are pricey, but its built like a tank and will last forever! They can pull moisture out of the air down to 40 degree temps, are 10x as quiet as a cheap unit, 3x as efficient, pull out MORE ppd than a cheap unit, and all that at only 1/2 of the amperage.

I

IVIars

I got a 50 pint fridgidaire for 175. It works good, but my area is only 7x9. It runs off 600watts and 5 amps. It doesnt run constantly, but i also have a/c in there. You can find a 70 pint dehuey for around 200. It says it is supposed to work down to 41 degrees i believe. They also put off heat. Check the internet for good prices, i spent a week looking for one.

Any way to put an exhaust fan? If not a 70 pint may help depending on how humid it gets.

Santa Fe is on my wish list

R

RMCG

Drieaz or Ebac are good units too. Definitely going to set you back more than 200$ for a 20x40 room though.

M

MTgrower

I run a Seventy Pint, water cooled unit from Hydro Innovations. It is made by frigidaire. Obviously you need to plump it in on Run to Waste, or have a res/chiller setup. Chiller optional depending on size of res.

Top Bottom