Recent Craziness

• Thread starter Smoking Gun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

So where I live there have recently been a lot of serious shootings, I mean on a daily basis. This is absolute craziness, I am not sure what is going on. I would love to see this horrible rash of violence come to a swift end as no one is safe from it, especially innocent bystanders. There also seems to be a lot of attacks directly on cops lately. What I have to say next may seem insensitive, but seriously, I have no sympathy for the cops.

I know there are plenty of cops who are generally good people, or at least not bad people, and are just doing their job, it is the bad apples among them who give them a bad name. But at the same time, given the double standard in favor of cops I really do not feel bad for these cops who have been in the line of fire. While it is the bad apples who give the cops a bad rap, there are seemingly no cops willing to stop their fellow officers, and apathy is really every bit as bad. I do feel bad for the families of injured and fallen officers, but not the officers themselves.

It is very much this accepted double standard that really gets under my skin, and seemingly is causing this rash of violence against cops. For me it is even the little things that really have gotten me heated; cops changing lanes without signaling, driving while on their cell phones, harassment of general public, and just a general feeling of superiority they have. What really makes it worse, is that not only is it some of the cops, it is generally institutionalized within the law enforcement community. It is such a fraternity that anyone who does not fall exactly in line, like a mindless drone, becomes ostracized, passed over for promotions and generally has a tough time doing their job. So it really comes down to either fall in line and think you are above the law or find another line of work.

My opinion of the situation is that the general public is sick and tired of paying a bunch of bullies to be bullies. As tax paying citizens the police departments are supposed to be servants of the community, protect the citizens, and uphold the law. Yet the opposite seems to be the case, the cops bully the general public and people are quite sick of it. There are plenty of average, totally law abiding citizens who are absolutely disenchanted with the police and have more fear of them than trust in them. This is not how things are supposed to be.

I have often thought of how to thwart such an institution of corruption and apathy. My first reaction is that any penalty a civilian faces is automatically doubled for any police officer breaking the law. The officer should also immediately be fired and lose all retirement pension and benefits. (I have always felt it is the second part of my idea to be the more effective part. Police officers usually retire with a nice pension, and it is offered much sooner than just about any profession. It also effects their families more than legal penalties; and that is where it really hurts them.) Since it is a police officers job to uphold the law, and they are often given rights and power above and beyond the general public, they need to be held to a much higher standard. If they break the law it really is not only the infraction of the law but the betrayal of trust among the public that makes their actions so heinous. But it still come down to enforcement of these rules, and that is where the real problems arise.

I think we are now seeing the frustration and anger boil over, violently at that. I do not condone violence upon anyone, but I almost see the justification for violence against police. As I stated before I have no sympathy for them either. I also would like to see the end of police officers being touted as hero's in the media. Ok so they took a bullet in the line of duty, well for one that is the job they signed up for, they assumed the risks of the job when they joined the force. Secondly who is to say they didn't have that coming. Were they a person who's karma isn't just coming back to bite them in the ass as karma always does? I tend to think so. People who always seem to have trouble find them are usually people who continually put themselves in situations where trouble is likely to find them. Yes cops are more often in situations where trouble is likely to find them, but there are plenty of cops who have never been shot, or even shot at. So in some round about way I am almost glad to see cops getting what is coming to them.

Before I start getting everyone coming back and saying that I am picking on all cops, not all cops are bad people, I have first hand knowledge that the truly upstanding cops are the exception. I have friends (I am not talking about acquaintances I see once in a while, but true friends that I went on vacation with) that are cops, and know friends who have siblings that are police officers and the stories I have heard only reinforce my position. The cops who sign up for all the right reasons and keep their integrity often end up hating the job they do.

I sincerely apologize for this diatribe, but it was something I really needed to get off my chest. So if you actually read this whole post, thanks, if you skimmed through it I totally understand. With all that said, I wish you all some sanity and a whole lot of safety.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

You live in anaheim?lol.I could not have said it better,i have a shit ton of family in law enforcement or recently retired and they will tell you the EXACT same thing,its out of control and they cant wait to get out of the biz.The storm trooper mentality has taken over,they beleive they are above the law and always looking to take the easy way out,i could go on and on but you pretty much covered it,they have forgotten who they work for.

K

kolah

Without resistance it will continue...... and only get worse.

Filing suits and carrying signs won't change a thing either.

Disarming the ameriKan people (or an full-fledged attempt) is the last phase...and then the fun begins.

Keep an eye on the United Nations on gun control dominance and the over-riding of the 2nd Amendment.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Without resistance it will continue...... and only get worse.

Filing suits and carrying signs won't change a thing either.

Disarming the ameriKan people (or an full-fledged attempt) is the last phase...and then the fun begins.

Keep an eye on the United Nations on gun control dominance and the over-riding of the 2nd Amendment.

I have very mixed feelings about the gun control issue. I have recently gotten to the point where I feel hand guns should be illegal for average citizens to own. However hunting rifles, totally cool in my book. I mean how often do you really hear about a criminal rolling around with his rifle? So it is there for self defense and hunting.

You are correct about protesting and suits, they won't do anything. They have been largely ineffective methods since the 70's. I just think, since it is not only our right but our duty as Americans, to ensure our government and its agents are working for us, not against us. But what do we do? Full out revolution?

Fish, I do not live in Anaheim. I am not going to reveal where I live, but it really doesn't matter, this insanity is happening everywhere. Maybe we really are living in the end times?

Reactions: mal
fractal

fractal

Smoking G, the 2nd amendment has nothing at all to do with hunting. The stated reason for allowing citizens to keep and bear arms is ONLY for the purpose of fighting tyrranical government. Nobody back then would have ever thought that hunting would be restricted in any way, that was taken for granted. What they were afraid of is government getting too big to be controlled and trying to take away guns from the public. There are literally dozens of examples from the last hundred years of countries disarming the public and soon after. . . Massive numbers off people are killed and dumped in mass graves by the ruling party.

We do have a huge problem with the police being militarized and this has only ramped up since 9/11. The lines between military and law enforcement are blurred when you see how well armed the police are, the gear and tactics they use. Police need to be neutered a bit, I guess SWAT teams need all the body armor and military style weapons but average police don't. Police are civilians but they don't refer to themselves that way.

You really don't remember times when criminals have used rifles? What about what happened last month in colorado? That was an AR-15. Hollywood bank robbery they had AK47s. Criminals obviously use rifles on a regular basis. Handguns are necessary to be concealed so that citizens can pulll them out and surprise criminals, last month there was an attempted robbery at an internet cafe. Two guys came in with guns, and some old guy pulled out his concealed pistol and shot at them, causing them to flee. Just last week a cop was in a firefight with a criminal a couple hundred feet away and was pinned down. An armed citizen with a handgun got the drop on the criminal and shot him, saving the cop's life and maybe more.

There's no way around people having guns. There are billions of guns in the world. If there was a magical way to instantly remove 100% of guns from the world that might be an option but that will never happen. It's such an old saying but it's as true as ever, if guns are outlawed only criminals will have guns. Why would anyone want to put the public in a position of being at the mercy of armed criminals? You can't close pandora's box once it is opened and that is what has happened since guns appeared. Until the newest laser death ray or whatever is invented guns aren't going away.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

There's no way around people having guns. There are billions of guns in the world. If there was a magical way to instantly remove 100% of guns from the world that might be an option but that will never happen. It's such an old saying but it's as true as ever, if guns are outlawed only criminals will have guns. Why would anyone want to put the public in a position of being at the mercy of armed criminals? You can't close pandora's box once it is opened and that is what has happened since guns appeared. Until the newest laser death ray or whatever is invented guns aren't going away.

And this is very much the realization I have had. There is no way to magically make these guns go away, or keep them out of the criminals hands.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

....especially when our beloved government sells mass quantities of high powered weaponry to other countries. Google "Fast and Furious."

I know all about that operation. That one did not pass me by.

fractal

fractal

Seriously Fast and Furious should have opened everyone's eyes to the fact that the most dangerous hands for guns to be in are those of the government! I seriously doubt there are any private citizens responsible for arming cartels the way that our own government did with this stupid assed program. What they expected the outcome of that to be escapes me. It was directly responsible for American citizens being killed with those weapons.
One thing that should also be obvious is that many of the mass shootings were not the work of some lone wolf deranged madman. Aurora, Columbine, Virginia Tech, Jared Loughner in Arizona, those and many others were all operations carried out by manchurian candidate type assassins probably with the goal in mind to inflame public opinion against gun rights. The people blamed for the shootings were all set up to take the blame while the real killers were black ops shooters who did the job and escaped undetected. The patsies may have fired some rounds but the majority of the casualties were killed by trained military level assassins. No way do I believe the "official" mainstream story of those and other events.
Just another thing that points to the government, not private citizens, being the most dangerous people to have guns.

fractal

fractal

How can the public be tyrranical? I don't think that word applies to anyone but those who are in a position of political power. Also legally registered concealed carry permit holders are the least likely of anybody to use their weapons to commit a crime.

sky high

sky high

I should have said ochlocractic rather than tyrannical.

Either way...the folks running around thinking that because they carry, they have the right to shoot their weapon.....even in a crowded theatre...should they see "bad guys".... are the folks I'm thinking of...

There needs to be FAR more reponsibility tagged onto owning a weapon in this country than there is today, IMO. Unfortunately, this isn't the way the country is going (more personal responsibility).

For proof...watch this dillhole who killed all the folks in the theatre fuckin WALK.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I should have said ochlocractic rather than tyrannical.

Either way...the folks running around thinking that because they carry, they have the right to shoot their weapon.....even in a crowded theatre...should they see "bad guys".... are the folks I'm thinking of...

There needs to be FAR more reponsibility tagged onto owning a weapon in this country than there is today, IMO. Unfortunately, this isn't the way the country is going (more personal responsibility).

For proof...watch this dillhole who killed all the folks in the theatre fuckin WALK.
he prolly wont walk far before he gets shot himself...a parent, grand parent, friend some one might just have nothing to loose and do us all a favor

fractal

fractal

I don't think there is any chance that James Holmes, if that is who you mean, is going to walk. He's going to spend the rest of his life in prison or get the death penalty. Which is unfortunate because I don't think that he pulled the trigger. I think he got that call on his cellphone during the movie and went out to let in the real shooter, then was given an injection and placed in his car where he was found in a drugged out haze by police. Nobody can positively ID the shooter because he had a mask and helmet on. There was reports of a brown SUV seen leaving the scene directly after the shooting and a 2nd mask found quite far away from Holmes' car. His dad is a bigwig financial analyst who developed trading algorithms used for worldwide financing and is going to be testifying about a hugely important banking investigation known as the Libor scandal because he developed the software that could be used to trace financial fraud back to the people who perpetrated it. His kid is being used as a pawn to make sure that daddy doesn't spill the beans about what he knows. I think he was groomed for this role as patsy in a mass murder during his time spent studying some really weird aspects of psychological processes and brain function. Being involved with these institutions and his studies would have been an ideal place to have him subjected to mind control and programming, he was studying in places related to the Salk institue which has been a hotbed of mind programming studies for a long time. James Holmes is just another Sirhan Sirhan in this case, he was totally set up IMO.

bloads

bloads

Wow. Simply said, OP is %100 spot on.

Good English on you.

Recently at my work a 30ish couple came in, they ended up being great people. When the guy goes to the bathroom, the girlfriend tells me that he's a cop. When he came back I made some unremarkable joke about how I'm glad he didn't bust me for something.... blah blah blah. He's like "Yeah, I'm a cop, but I don't like people knowing. People don't like cops". He said he couldn't stand everyone he works with. According to him it's basically a giant frat of dumb-ass jocks. He doesn't get ever hang out with any of his coworkers; they're just a different type of people.

420th Post!

B

bckwht

I still believe people kill people, not guns..the psycho in the theater shooting could have used cheap explosives to achieve the same result if guns weren't around so taking guns away won't stop anything at all..hearing people even honestly debate having more gun control and/or no guns almost offends me (not on this site)..it's way to easy for criminals to get illegal guns, not legally obtain guns so that won't help, it's not like the majority of street thugs carry brand new berettas around and with our gov running guns to the heart of drug war areas, how can anyone feel safe giving up your home protection..I don't want the guns I frequently and responsibly use to get shipped to some lil kid in Mexico that eventually murders innocent families while in the drug trade down south or whatever WILL happen. Sorry for the rant but nobody is taking my fucking guns anywhere.

B

bckwht

And holy shit fractal I missed your post..now you have me thinking about the possibly conspiracy ahhhh damn my day might be wasted on this lol

sky high

sky high

how can anyone feel safe giving up your home protection..I don't want the guns I frequently and responsibly use to get shipped to some lil kid in Mexico that eventually murders innocent families while in the drug trade down south or whatever WILL happen. Sorry for the rant but nobody is taking my fucking guns anywhere.

I feel safe and don't own a weapon. I also don't (by choice) live in "the city". Fuck that shit.
Weapons make me nervous. Cities make me nervous.

I was given a shotgun at 12 years old. At 13, our house was burglarized and 7 rifles and 2 handguns were stolen, including mine. I never replaced it and I've always held a shred of guilt that "my" gun ended up on the street....like so many others do that are taken from "responsible" gun owners. Shit...maybe it even ended up in Mexico lile ya describe, buck.... who knows?

I haven't owned a weapon since....

I respect other people's "rights" to own/carry/possess...but I also think that if 'something" goes down or someone is killed with >your< weapon...for any reason (you own it and are a "responsible" gun owner, right?) the owner of the gun should face the same charges as the criminal who took it.... unless....that is.... you can prove they broke into your >gun safe< and took it. (which...other than on/in your possession...is the only responsible place too store your weapon, IMO)

be safe, all.....especially with "your" guns around "my" family. We have rights too.

s h

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I feel safe and don't own a weapon. I also don't (by choice) live in "the city". Fuck that shit.
Weapons make me nervous. Cities make me nervous.

I was given a shotgun at 12 years old. At 13, our house was burglarized and 7 rifles and 2 handguns were stolen, including mine. I never replaced it and I've always held a shred of guilt that "my" gun ended up on the street....like so many others do that are taken from "responsible" gun owners. Shit...maybe it even ended up in Mexico lile ya describe, buck.... who knows?

I haven't owned a weapon since....

I respect other people's "rights" to own/carry/possess...but I also think that if 'something" goes down or someone is killed with >your< weapon...for any reason (you own it and are a "responsible" gun owner, right?) the owner of the gun should face the same charges as the criminal who took it.... unless....that is.... you can prove they broke into your >gun safe< and took it. (which...other than on/in your possession...is the only responsible place too store your weapon, IMO)

be safe, all.....especially with "your" guns around "my" family. We have rights too.

s h
I gotta respectfully disagree sky,so by your standard if someone steals your car and then runs someone over and kills them with it(you own it and are a responsible car owner right?)you should be charged with murder?That is unless you can prove they broke into your garage and stole it right?Inantimate objects be it a gun or a car NEVER killed anyone,people do,thousands of years ago cavemen were killing each other with rocks,should we ban rocks?Guns dont kill people,people kill people.

sky high

sky high

I wasn't talking about cars, fish.

I hear ya about the inanimate object thing. gotta say that I hear it from all of the gun folks. What's contradictory about the philosophy though...is that they don't see 'drugs' in the same light. It's that selfish thing...ya know what I'm sayin?

I'm the same (selfish) way with guns. I don't see the point/need/or choose to live in that state of paranoia...and I sure don't see the reasoning that I am safer with a deadly weapon nearby...yours or mine. (speshully not someone else's, LOL) I'm also not willing to shoulder the "time" I could recieve for having a gun in the house with an illegal (med) pot grow should "something" happen. (far more likely than a burglary, IMO...being that I've been busted 3x as an adult but never burglarized)

to each their own though.... yup.

Top Bottom