Recently found seelings. Can they still grow/survive?

• Thread starter Cuervo Porrelli
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

Sorry I can't post pics atm so this description will have to suffice.

I found 2 seedlings in a container. I must have forgotten I put seeds in the Ocean Forest soil and covered it with plastic. It's been almost 2 weeks and these seedlings aren't exactly seedlings.
They are 3" inches long and still have the seed shell over the 2 dyctls? The stems are long but really flimsy so I put a plant stick to help it stand, put it under the lights, and now it's sitting there for about 3 hours now.

My question is can these practically germinated-but-not-even-seedlings still survive and grow?

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
If you can get the shells off without damaging the plants there is a good chance they will survive. Just be careful with them and with a little tlc they could be just fine. Hope that helps. Peace out! Motiv

Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

If you can get the shells off without damaging the plants there is a good chance they will survive. Just be careful with them and with a little tlc they could be just fine. Hope that helps. Peace out! Motiv

Thanks for the help. Motiv, whatchu mean tlc? like the TV show or am I supposed to say taht to the plants? Words DO help. ;)

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
TLC= Tender Loving Care. Sorry, thought everybody knew that, my bad bro. Peace and good luck. Motiv

Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

TLC= Tender Loving Care. Sorry, thought everybody knew that, my bad bro. Peace and good luck. Motiv

I feel stupid, wow. I knew that it meant something like that. Thanks for the motivation Motiv!

CP

Haggardass

Haggardass

bury the stems up to right below the coty leaves then eventually that will spit more roots out i wouldnt use sticks to support it tho thats just gonna keep it a weak little string bean you gotta beef up that stem i take a fan and put it on high and blow it right on my plant to the point it blows it over in the soil the plant will fight its ass off to reach for that light, in turn exercising it making the stem bigger. same concept of people doing curls to make you arm bigger you might think your gonna hurt that plant but they are the toughest women youll ever meet.

Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

no doubt, thanks haggardass. I tried puttin the soil right under the cotyledons a week ago, but the seedling just wouldnt help herself survive. i eventually threw her... sad stuff. I'll try to avoid bad seedling care next time and throughout my future grows!

Haggardass

Haggardass

thrown many a plant out lol comes with the territory i remember feeling guilty cutting down my 3rd grow the most gorgeous northen lights plants ever. never had an issue they were perfect in anyway. i hate killing them but i love the funeral if you catch my drift lol

Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

Lol, sure do. The seedlings are coming along just fine, so I hope I dont have to rip those plants or any in my lifetime. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom