Recently Purchased King Plus 1200W LED

• Thread starter Hobblebush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hobblebush

Hobblebush

There is a very blue veg switch and a redder and brighter flower switch when used in conjunction it's incredibly bright. The company recommends to use the veg during veg and flower during flower, but I'm curious if using them together would be detrimental to cannabis growth.

Im hopefully going to be growing 2-4 plants in a 5x5 tent would this light be enough for 2 plants ?

DenzlFregren

DenzlFregren

With an actual power draw of about 235w i would reccomend using both together is you want it to cover a 5x5 but even then it may not sufficiently cover the edges.

Formallyhap

Formallyhap

I think pretty much everyone just uses both turned all the way up and then adjusts the height as needed to prevent light burn/stress.

DenzlFregren

DenzlFregren

I think pretty much everyone just uses both turned all the way up and then adjusts the height as needed to prevent light burn/stress.
It's not a king but this is what I do with my bloombeast a520 which is adjustable.

ru knuts

ru knuts

I think the veg alone is for seedlings and very early growth only. Once the plants are established, both switches on.

Anthem

Anthem

How much did the light
It's not a king but this is what I do with my bloombeast a520 which is adjustable.
Website does not publish the watts used. Do you have that information? Also it claims to have high PPFD. Do you have those numbers?

Anthem

Anthem

I think the veg alone is for seedlings and very early growth only. Once the plants are established, both switches on.
The idea behind the veg and bloom switches is that the plant grows better in veg under a more blue spectrum and flowers better under a red spectrum. I only use full spectrum LED's for a few reasons. Main reason is there is no stall in growth when you change the spectrum.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

How much did the light

Website does not publish the watts used. Do you have that information? Also it claims to have high PPFD. Do you have those numbers?

The PAR is 782 @ 18" and 16218 lumins, the frequency is "50-60Hz"

DenzlFregren

DenzlFregren

How much did the light

It's nothing official but it is the best I can find.

Anthem

Anthem

I looked at that. I hate to do this but it is just getting to the saturation point on this website. You have a POS light. Meaning the light will grow the plant but you are not going to achieve what the plant truly can achieve. When you look a quality LED light they will post the true wattage out of the wall. While your light is called a 520W or something to that affect. The draw will not be that at the outlet. The company is trying to trick you into thinking the light is a true 520 watt light. They express this by stating the COBB and LED design watts. But they do not drive the LED's at full output. They really only run them at about 50 percent. Additionally you have to take into account the efficiency of the drivers. Based on the price they are not that efficient.
Take a look at one of these light manufacturers numbers, they advertise the true numbers, not some made up stuff to make you buy their stuff.
Fluence, Gavita, Growers Choice.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

yeah i read this earlier today, but it says there isnt a veg/bloom switch which there definitely is. Possibly talking about the lower wattage options, but they seem throughout to state that its the 1200w they are reviewing...

Anthem

Anthem

I was actually looking at the numbers for the light you posted on. None the less, the information is still the same.
The king light is said to have a PPFD of 529. Here is information for Gavita on the 1700. Operating at 645 watts with an output of 1700 µmol s-1, this fixture achieves an impressive efficacy of 2.6 µmol s-1 per watt. Eight passively cooled LED bars provide intense light coverage with no fans or moving parts—significantly reducing the number of possible fail points compared to other fixtures.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

I looked at that. I hate to do this but it is just getting to the saturation point on this website. You have a POS light. Meaning the light will grow the plant but you are not going to achieve what the plant truly can achieve. When you look a quality LED light they will post the true wattage out of the wall. While your light is called a 520W or something to that affect. The draw will not be that at the outlet. The company is trying to trick you into thinking the light is a true 520 watt light. They express this by stating the COBB and LED design watts. But they do not drive the LED's at full output. They really only run them at about 50 percent. Additionally you have to take into account the efficiency of the drivers. Based on the price they are not that efficient.
Take a look at one of these light manufacturers numbers, they advertise the true numbers, not some made up stuff to make you buy their stuff.
Fluence, Gavita, Growers Choice.
i was worried to hear something like this. I guess i can return it and there is a warranty on the light, I was just hoping to start my grow soon and getting a new light would likely delay that another month or more. I might bite the bullet and keep it for now till i can afford an upgrade. it was 140$USD

Anthem

Anthem

yeah i read this earlier today, but it says there isnt a veg/bloom switch which there definitely is. Possibly talking about the lower wattage options, but they seem throughout to state that its the 1200w they are reviewing...
Ok you ready for this one 235 watts. POS and the typically Chinese fake reviews and website crap. But hey I do not know anything about this light. What I do know it their is no way you are going to get like 2.5 pounds per light with that thing. It really sucks because you basically have to read thru the information very carefully to find out the truth!

Anthem

Anthem

i was worried to hear something like this. I guess i can return it and there is a warranty on the light, I was just hoping to start my grow soon and getting a new light would likely delay that another month or more. I might bite the bullet and keep it for now till i can afford an upgrade. it was 140$USD

Do what you want, but let me ask you this. I mentioned 3 brands of lights, the cheapest being growers choice. Their ROI-680 uses 680 watts. So I would need 2 of them to get the 1200W numbers. They cost about 1k a piece. Just ask yourself this, if the light is as good as it claims, how come Gavita, Fluence and Growers Choice are still in business. I mean if they were that far over priced no one would purchase their lights.

Hobblebush

Hobblebush

Ok you ready for this one 235 watts. POS and the typically Chinese fake reviews and website crap. But hey I do not know anything about this light. What I do know it their is no way you are going to get like 2.5 pounds per light with that thing. It really sucks because you basically have to read thru the information very carefully to find out the truth!

Yeah i was hoping to grow 2 plants indoors and 2 outdoors and continue growing in the winter indoors. I live in Vermont so its a prettt short grow season. Im very new to this whole process and went with the overwhelmingly positive reviews on amazon. That being said i wasn't prepared to drop 400 or more on a light at this point. The grow is pretty basic being confined to a 5x5 but i will try to move outside as soon as the ground thaws

DenzlFregren

DenzlFregren

I was actually looking at the numbers for the light you posted on. None the less, the information is still the same.
The king light is said to have a PPFD of 529. Here is information for Gavita on the 1700. Operating at 645 watts with an output of 1700 µmol s-1, this fixture achieves an impressive efficacy of 2.6 µmol s-1 per watt. Eight passively cooled LED bars provide intense light coverage with no fans or moving parts—significantly reducing the number of possible fail points compared to other fixtures.
Not much info out there on this one. Amazon had the best around. It was a gift so I use it but havent found any in depth I fo on it
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PM33XCY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_rJrEEb2Q1GZDR

Anthem

Anthem

Yeah i was hoping to grow 2 plants indoors and 2 outdoors and continue growing in the winter indoors. I live in Vermont so its a prettt short grow season. Im very new to this whole process and went with the overwhelmingly positive reviews on amazon. That being said i wasn't prepared to drop 400 or more on a light at this point. The grow is pretty basic being confined to a 5x5 but i will try to move outside as soon as the ground thaws
It is sad that you cannot trust the published stuff but it is what it is. 400 for a light I would love that, try more like 1800 for one gavita by the time you buy everything. But the proof is in the end result.

Top Bottom