Recipe for success for new growers/first timers

• Thread starter smokestack23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokestack23

Hey everyone.
I havent been a member THAT long and I wouldn't call myself a master horticulturist by any means but I have a couple of decades of experience..actually almost 3 decades.

I see SO MANY novice growers making life much more difficult than it needs to be. I'd like to offer a few suggestions that might save a lot of people a lot of stress and money.

The first important "rule", and this doesnt have much to do with botany or horticulture but is key to reaching a successful harvest...Don't tell ANYONE what you're doing. As hard as it is, you can NOT show anyone your room or any wet buds. If you tell NO ONE I can almost GUARANTEE that you won't get busted or ripped-off. Of course there are the times that you can be "found out" like if a landlord pulls a surprise inspection but that won't be your fault.

The second favor you can do yourself is to spend a few days to a week+ browsing and reading forums, guides, grow journals, youtube grow vids...BEFORE planting a seed or buying gear. Growing is no different than anything else in life...Knowledge is Power. Plus, once you have a little education, forum members are more likely to offer info and answers to your questions. Growers help those who help themselves lol.

and finally

Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS). Starting your first crop with $500 worth of nutrients, additives, sweeteners, boosters, loaders, shooters blah blah blah WILL ruin you. It's akin to going out and buying a 200mph superbike with all the gear and getting a supercharger installed and taking it to the track without ever having ridden even a tricycle. You will kill yourself!!

Start with a trike, move to a bicycle with training wheels, then remove the training wheels, then get a moped, then a scooter, then a minibike, then a dirtbike THEN a streetbike and then by that time you'll probably realize that you really want a Harley instead of a rice rocket lol.
Either way...when you finally get your bike licence you'll be able to really RIDE.

If you follow these suggestions you'll save yourself a lot of headaches, money, and in the end, time.

PEACE!

Top Bottom