Recirculating System, what to add?

• Thread starter houseofogs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
houseofogs

houseofogs

I have two locations. I run 150 gallon tanks at one and 100 gallon at the other. I change my res per week. I add all my additives first then my base. I adjust my ppm's throughout the week with my base. Are any of you guys re-adding additives during the week?

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

I top load all the time when needed. (add to my res.) For example for the first week or flower I run regular nutrients but at week 2 I add Big Bud direct to the res. than after a week change it all out.

houseofogs

houseofogs

I top load all the time when needed. (add to my res.) For example for the first week or flower I run regular nutrients but at week 2 I add Big Bud direct to the res. than after a week change it all out.
What's up man. So I understand, are you re-adding big bud and a/b when you adjust your ppm's during the week?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I don't grow using a recirc system so I can't help you with your question, but I noticed you said you add the base nutes after additives. Not trying to nit pit, but I thought you were suppose to add the base 1st then additives, in most cases anyways.

I could be wrong, but just trying to help bro, good luck.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

manufactures recommend you add all additives before A & B.

I have no issues with adding to the res, yes I do it. I am not going to toss good food out because the ppm's drop a bit or a lot I just add back what I need to keep them eating.

houseofogs

houseofogs

I have no issues with adding to the res, yes I do it. I am not going to toss good food out because the ppm's drop a bit or a lot I just add back what I need to keep them eating.
What's your ppm range during bloom? Are you re-adding everything or just the main additive for that particular week?

houseofogs

houseofogs

I don't grow using a recirc system so I can't help you with your question, but I noticed you said you add the base nutes after additives. Not trying to nit pit, but I thought you were suppose to add the base 1st then additives, in most cases anyways.

I could be wrong, but just trying to help bro, good luck.
That's the way AN recommends doing it, for recirculating at least. Plants get plenty of A and B throughout the week. I start with Cal/Mag and end with my base.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I do nutrient add ins to my RDWC all the time, as needed. This gives me the flexibility to handle different strains or environmental conditions.

Generally, I try to size the capacity of my RDWC to the size of the crop and the duration of the desired res change interval. I try to have them run 2 weeks between changeouts. I only add base nutes or a single add in like Big Bud in the middle. Micros, cal-mag and silica only go into a fresh nute change.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

That's what I do ^^^^^ and has worked very well for me. I find the smaller the system the sooner you need add backs. My jumbo system with 250 gal never needs topping off but my 13 gal UC needs it after about a week to 10 days. I don't mind if it drops a bit just shows they are eating. I run from 400/450 week one to 800 in week 6 and 7 than 500 till finished. If the ppm moves more than 100ppm I do add backs.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanks for clarifying....I don't really use additives.

J

Jalisco Kid

If you ever see an analysis of nutrients in a sys you would see at times the plants do not remove salts evenly through out the week. Running 2 weeks could hurt your growth rate. I run for 5 days with a passive feeding the active around 50% of ppm. Salts are cheap. JK

Latest posts

Top Bottom