Recommendations for a good PH soil meter?

• Thread starter Spock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Spock

Spock

Greetings everyone,

I would like people's opinions on the best pH meter for soil and coco? I had purchased a blue lab soil pen meter and their leap probe meter. I was going to test them both out and decide which one I was should keep. I was already leaning towards the leap probe meter just because it seems to be a smaller diameter and would cause less root damage. Neither of them go as deep in the soil as I would have preferred. But then I hear from Blue lab that their PH meters only last between 6 to 12 months. I couldn't believe it, these things have a lifespan of a year or less? I find that ridiculous for something so expensive. I looked at a Apera to see what their equivalent was but I couldn't find anything. I see the cheap $20 ones on Amazon, there must be a thousand of them but I can't believe they give accurate readings. Does anybody have any suggestions of something accurate and that lasts more than a year?

Cheers

traeold420

traeold420

Greetings everyone,

I would like people's opinions on the best pH meter for soil and coco? I had purchased a blue lab soil pen meter and their leap probe meter. I was going to test them both out and decide which one I was should keep. I was already leaning towards the leap probe meter just because it seems to be a smaller diameter and would cause less root damage. Neither of them go as deep in the soil as I would have preferred. But then I hear from Blue lab that their PH meters only last between 6 to 12 months. I couldn't believe it, these things have a lifespan of a year or less? I find that ridiculous for something so expensive. I looked at a Apera to see what their equivalent was but I couldn't find anything. I see the cheap $20 ones on Amazon, there must be a thousand of them but I can't believe they give accurate readings. Does anybody have any suggestions of something accurate and that lasts more than a year?

Cheers
i have had zero issues with blue lab. the ph probe needs to be stored in storage solution. failure to do so will degrade any PH probe

Homesteader

Homesteader

My blue lab doesn't get used very often but its probably going on 5 years....Works fine when I need it but to be fair, if you aren't using it often or are like me and only use it when making my soil, then you probably would be fine with a cheap one.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you don't mind waiting for the pH meter to adjust, many work just fine. I have one where you can remove the pH electrode and replace it (for about $70) if it fucks up.

If you don't like staring at the meter for 15 minutes, while it comes to a stable reading, cough up the money for the Bluelab.

I've had the Bluelab pH probe for about 8 months. Still solid as a rock. But GET THE STORAGE SOLUTION.

Other people on this site have good luck with indicator solutions, which would be your cheapest option. I prefer the pen.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Like so many already said the blue lab

I bough this below but price but fan good , like soneone said get storage solution to look after the ph probe

When i use my ph pen it has a screw on cap they come with see, you dill the cap with storage solution ,
I change the solution about every week to keep it fresh
I calibrate the ph pen about ever week it's rarely out tho if it is it's like 1 point 2 max the are dam good price of kit

I use to use just blue lad e.c metre and then buy ph pens tired all makes even blue lab put the portable pens seem to always loose calibration after and quit and just play up
Its becuaee most portable small on pens only have so many uses in them something about the liquid inside the ph pen leaks or son crap i duno but it usually says in the booklets the done with this oh pen is only food for so many uses thst so many dips into the solution , so the ware out and 40-60 a pice fed up of wasting money

I bough below and dam it's accurit and if stored in oh solution after every use should last few years mine about 2-3 years old thpen 3 oh pen I had to replace about a year ago as I dropped it on the floor and cracked my fault replacement love was £60

But it you want regret it pic below
Screenshot 20220208 152538 Chrome
Screenshot 20220208 152538 Chrome

Top Bottom