Recommendations on good fans for 4x8 tent?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

I’m starting to get fan burn on my girls from my current oscillation fan.. I also have some 6in clip on fans but they aren’t powerful what so ever.. I was looking at fans but noticed a lot of the companies that make clip on fans don’t include the spec info. CFM/RPM etc..

I came across a ad from a dude selling this fan below 👇 but it’s only one.. I would need 2 for my 4x8 tent.. and it looks pretty thin and it being on top of the tent it can cool the drivers on my lights too..

has anybody ever mounted a similar fan like this to the ceiling of the tent? I would think it would work good as long as it’s on a low setting to prevent fan burn?

All suggestions appreciated!

PS I have multiple exhaust fans/in-line fans too but I wanted something that will reach 15+ plants

Recommendations on good fans for 4x8 tent
Recommendations on good fans for 4x8 tent 2
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Lol good point..maybe I should look at the plastic ones or ones with a cover on them.. watch with my luck the fans will fall while the blades are still going and decapitate each plant.. lmao... a growers nightmare
If your ventilation holes are large enough, you can put a high velocity fan like this one:

9 inch high velocity fan

I have mine exhausting the heat, but I've also flipped it before and used it as an intake fan too. I took it out of the stand prior to stuffing it in the pocket. It was a tight fit but it does fit ...

Fan in pocket

fishbuds

fishbuds

Walmart box fan blowing the air consistently off the lights an the tops of the plants. And two oscillating 12" fans should do it. One exhaust is fine too.

Anthem

Anthem

King Air 12" fans work well for that size but you have to develop a way to hang them and I suggest you make them so you can raise and lower them.
This works
1. 18" x 18" 3/4" plywood with 1" exterior direct bury electrical conduit about 24" long with material hanging above and below.
2. mount the 1" conduit on the back side of the plywood with U bolts in the correct size
3. 3/4" EMT (Electrical Conduit)
4. Ace Hardware in their fastener department have steel x rubber pipe mounting sleeves. Drill a hole all the thru the 3/4" conduit about 1/4" from the top and run a bolt thru the conduit and fasten the conduit to the pipe sleeve adaptor. The pipe sleeve adaptor goes around the tent frame up at the top.
5. Slide the wood platform over the 3/4" conduit and us hoes clamps to hold it in place at the height you want.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Lol good point..maybe I should look at the plastic ones or ones with a cover on them.. watch with my luck the fans will fall while the blades are still going and decapitate each plant.. lmao... a growers nightmare

I just point the 6” clip fans up toward the lamps and mount them about half way between the canopy and the lights. Helps bring fresh cool air up through the plants and isn’t directly on them.

Miked1988

Miked1988

Thanks everybody! all great ideas!! I’ll probably go with everybodies ideas and get a couple of each ones!

has anybody used the rechargeable clip fans? I saw some and thought they might be decent but I assume their not going to be that powerful considering their not backed up by a lot of power..

here’s a picture of my setup to get an idea of the space needed to be covered.. I think I might just go with a couple of clip fans for the side bars and maybe do what @MIGrampaUSA recommended with the vents and use the exhaust fan too.. I’m not running co2 at the moment so I wanted to get as much air as I can get flowing evenly throughout the tent without it being stressful on the plants.

FF929807 EA28 4385 88C9 C3EB9D5B5ADC
JoryK

JoryK

...or you, lol.

JoryK

JoryK

I’d check into Growbuds 6” oscillating fans. I got two to try and liked them so much I ordered another 6 to replace all my hurricane fans. They’re on sale for $35 doee wen from $50 right now too.

Miked1988

Miked1988

I’d check into Growbuds 6” oscillating fans. I got two to try and liked them so much I ordered another 6 to replace all my hurricane fans. They’re on sale for $35 doee wen from $50 right now too.
I’ve actually been seeing those pop up on my feeds a lot lately I might give them a try.. thanks bro

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well i did get my $743 TPI fan for $225.00 canadian and it’s practically brand new, though it’s at my girlfriends and not here yet! but i’m so friggin happy!!!
here it is! and the retail price in american dollars..
EE3A9BA9 1F00 4A5F A53B 6D6F91C57EEB
635E73FF 7FA9 422B 824B 1D67F478EA7B

Top Bottom