recommended grow tents?

• Thread starter pitch_black
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

pitch_black

Gents
moving to much smaller op's
can any of u recommend a really good grow tent?
for 10 plants/600w

cheers
Mr p

sycboy

sycboy

4 x 4 tent should do that... If you want a super special one, look up the Secret Jardin DR120t which has a top and bottom tent setup for propagation and flowering. You can fit more in an even smaller space than that, look at this link

P

pitch_black

thanks sycboy
looked in2 Secret Jardin DR120t-looks great-but there are lots of complains about light leakage .
\any other recommendations?
cheers

sycboy

sycboy

Hydrolab do a whole range of different shapes and sizes, I have seen one being demonstrated and they do take things like light leakage into consideration by having a much larger overlap on the zipper. They do a basic tent or a pro tent that has more vents/doors/stuff. Happy hunting!!

P

pitch_black

decided to go with the new Jardin darkroom II,seems to fix the light leakage thing.
thanks again mate

Miggs

Miggs

I just bought the Jardin DR II Wide 240.

There were a couple of small light leak issues but they were nothing compared to some of the tents I've seen and easily fixable.

O

organicfreak

secret jardins are the best imho they all are cheap though..

J

JonathonStrange

I have read a ton of posts on the tent debate and homebox and secret jardin seem the best reviewed am thinking of getting a homebox clonebox and the jardin 4x4 and takin it from there. Good luck.

Y

yadidimean114

growlab gl145 is the way to go, just got mine. Money well spent..better than the Jardin.

C

Canvas

thanks sycboy
looked in2 Secret Jardin DR120t-looks great-but there are lots of complains about light leakage .
\any other recommendations?
cheers

You gotta wrap the thing in 6 mil plasic, from the hardware store. Lame, but otherwise in the dark you can see the lamp glowing softly through the fabric. I would buy another one for the convinient set up. The zippers will wear out, sux. The vents on the DR80 are for 4inch ducts, but the tent wants for 6inch ventilation. I may get the DR80L, and make new duct holes for 6 inch vents.

M

mrbong73

I got the Secret Jardin DR150 5x5 and it really doesn't leak light at all.
The 5x5 is the perfect size for a 4x4 flood table. I don't think a 4x4 flood will fit in a 4x4 tent.

004a
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

No a 4X4 tray won't fit in a 4X4 tent.. I thought it would that's y I bought mine but it won't fit oh well

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I got a 3x3 tray into my 3x3 tent, but not without a bit of notching with the dremel tool and a slightly bowed frame LOL.

If you're in an ac-cooled room where you can keep temps steady in the low 70's, you can get away with a 600 in a 3x3 (w/ good ventilation), otherwise you'll need 4x4. Anyway, think about the square footage, as a 4x4 is nearly twice the square footage compared to 3x3, and it's definitely nice to have more space.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

I got a 3x3 tray into my 3x3 tent, but not without a bit of notching with the dremel tool and a slightly bowed frame LOL.

If you're in an ac-cooled room where you can keep temps steady in the low 70's, you can get away with a 600 in a 3x3 (w/ good ventilation), otherwise you'll need 4x4. Anyway, think about the square footage, as a 4x4 is nearly twice the square footage compared to 3x3, and it's definitely nice to have more space.

I have a 4x2. I didnt see the AC unit, i was asking assuming there was no ac, only the carbon scrubber pulled hot air off the bulb and surrounding area..

M

mrbong73

I've been able to keep the tent under 80 with light on using just the scrubber. It's looking like I'll only need the AC for the summer heat waves. (Like now) I run the light at night also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom