Recommended humidity for vegging

• Thread starter him
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

him

I finally got a nice dehumidifier for my grow area ( i kinda screwed up and built the inside of the grow area with wood that was damp from being outside tarped) but right now i have the humidity set at 50% and was wondering if thats correct for veggins plants and some clones growing in an ez-clone machine? So far they all look fine, i just want it to be perfect...

roxy002

roxy002

My humidity is between 60 - 70 at the minute for 26 plants, and they are in top condition. I switched them to 12/12 a week ago, so in the next few days I will aim to get the humidity down to 40 - 50 to prevent bud rot.

roxy002

roxy002

If your clones are in a clone machine, then it doesn't matter what the humidity is in the room. Clones need a very high humidity, which it should be in your cloner anyway.

H

him

@ roxy, the cloner doesnt have an enclosed top, it just sprays water onto the bottom stem of the clones which along with the rooting hormones make them grow roots..i do give them a foliar spray with just water and a tiny bit of super thrive to help em out every once in awhile but other then that...the main thing i want to prevent is any mold or mildew type crap on my plants, which i did get some of before i got the dehumidifier, once i got it the problems went away though...

roxy002

roxy002

I thought you meant the EZ Cloner when I first read it, but it said ex. You shouldn't have any problems if you keep the RH at 50 and have good air circulation, with fresh air coming in and old air being pulled out. If the building suffers from damp/mould problems itself then your bud will suffer, as the spores in the air will breed on your bud unless you treat the problem. I had bud rot a couple of grows back as the room itself suffered from damp before i even set up. It was heart breaking to sit back and watch cola by cola being turned to a sloppy mush within days. The problem is, once it sets in, you have to chop! There is nothing you can do to stop it, I tried and tried, but failed to halt it. In the end after losing a lot of main colas I decided to chop early, and even then it was still trying to spread even when I was drying. As the saying goes - prevention is the best cure.

jagle

jagle

id say around 60%, but obviously itll swing a bit.
for flower keep it somewhere between 40-50.

hiboy

hiboy

Dont use superthrive on clones, its too hot
Save it for when they are more mature. Use a cupfull of flower a and b nutes, a splash of roots excellurator will help u out too. Jump start is a great foilar spray.
My clone sprayer pump turns on for 15 minutes and then off for 15 minutes and so on. Reason is that ifits left on constantly it will heat the water too much and ur likely to get root rot.
Make sure ur ph is around 5.7, humidity should be above 50%
Ppm should be under 3oo
hb

Tank333

Tank333

If the building suffers from damp/mould problems itself then your bud will suffer, as the spores in the air will breed on your bud unless you treat the problem... As the saying goes - prevention is the best cure.

She is VERY right here, him. If you've had mold/pm issues, you should scrub that room down with a quickness! Use bleach and water, and cover ever single inch of everything you can with it. Then blast the box with lots of circulating hot air to dry it out thoroughly. Trust me, if you think its beat, and you keep going, you'll regret it in the end. It took me shutting down for a month and scrubbing the fuck out of all my equipment like 4 times to get rid of PM...

Top Bottom